Possible Runecrafting Bug

harper128

While runecrafting with the Explorer's ring on, I noticed I appeared to be getting extra experience. After a few quick (very quick) calculations, it appears that you receive experience per rune for each extra rune that the ring crafts for you. I do not know if this applies to all of the elemental runes and I do not know if this was intended by Jagex (one of their hidden updates?). Perhaps I am the only one to experience it, but I thought I should pass on the information.

Eh? I wasn't aware it did that :-#

In addition to the beginner tasks' reward, when worn:

30 free Low Alchemy castings per day (requires Magic level 21)

10% chance of crafting an extra air, earth, fire or water rune for each essence you use.

Quoted from the KB

Extra rune = Extra XP.

10% may seem like nothing, but, thats PER essence, 28 ess = 280% chance per inventory, so, would appear like you said, to have a "slight" xp increase.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

True, you get a chance to craft an "extra" rune with each essence you craft, but, without the ring, I get experience based on how many essence I craft, not how many runes result from it. (At least, that's what we get told by the RC guide on Tip.it)

I was seeing the extra rune as like having a 10% chance of crafting a (in my case) third earth rune for each essence I craft, not that I got a 10% chance of crafting an extra essence, because if I crafted an extra essence (which the exp is based upon) I would always get two more runes as a result of it and never end up with the odd amount of runes that I sometimes get.

That is why I believe it MAY be a bug and not the actual intent. However, as it is actually a small effect, although it can add up to quite a sum over time, I don't know how Jagex will react.

So, it's not that you get an extra rune from a certain essence alongside the other runes, it generates an extra essence which is crafted in turn, doubling the experience for that essence.

It's either a bug, or the KB wasn't clear enough.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

In addition to the beginner tasks' reward, when worn:

30 free Low Alchemy castings per day (requires Magic level 21)

10% chance of crafting an extra air, earth, fire or water rune for each essence you use.

Quoted from the KB

Extra rune = Extra XP.

10% may seem like nothing, but, thats PER essence, 28 ess = 280% chance per inventory, so, would appear like you said, to have a "slight" xp increase.

You did the math wrong. 280% would mean you have more than 100% of getting an extra rune every single time, which is not true.

magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

So, it's not that you get an extra rune from a certain essence alongside the other runes, it generates an extra essence which is crafted in turn, doubling the experience for that essence.

Not quite true either. Had it actually generated extra essence for me to craft, I would always have had an even amount of runes because I craft (currently) 2 earth runes for each essence I use. I had quite a few times where I ended up with an uneven amount of essence.

Not quite true either. Had it actually generated extra essence for me to craft, I would always have had an even amount of runes because I craft (currently) 2 earth runes for each essence I use. I had quite a few times where I ended up with an uneven amount of essence.

I forgot to mention, this doesn't happen for every single essence you work with, it happens infrequently by chance. I was talking about what happens if the ring takes effect on an essence in the process of crafting. So sometimes it might never happen, sometimes it will.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I forgot to mention, this doesn't happen for every single essence you work with, it happens infrequently by chance. I was talking about what happens if the ring takes effect on an essence in the process of crafting. So sometimes it might never happen, sometimes it will.

I know it doesn't happen to every single essence. However, if it created an extra essence, instead of an extra rune, I would get two runes from it when crafting at the earth altar, therefore I would never get and odd number of runes, which I did. So, it creates an extra RUNE, not ESSENCE, when you are crafting yet still gives you experience for each extra RUNE that it creates. THAT is what seems like a bug.

• 2 weeks later...