Clan Support!

The Observer

Is clan support decent in RuneScape?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is clan support decent in RuneScape?

• No
    • Yes

Frankly, I think Jagex has done a lot to undermine the already existing clan system we have. Why? Clan chat. Just the name of it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. A bunch of people on one person's friendlist given a few ranks is NOT a clan. A single person doesn't stand a good chance of running a successful clan (at least for long). You add a person to your friend's list and it says "Your clan will be updated in 30 seconds." What the heck!? That person isn't in my "Clan," he's just some random dude I lent my whip to and who asked to become my friend. Quite honestly, if that's what Jagex deems a "clan" I'm not all together sure if I WANT proper clan support from them. It very well could be too late.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the ability to have a "chatroom" (for lack of a better word) on Runescape, and my clan does have their own Clan Chat (which is one of the few true "Clan Chats") which we use frequently. I simply don't think the name fits the purpose. Team Talk? Maybe. But not "Clan Chat."

iunderbanner.gif

0cd4b8f751.png

Frankly, I think Jagex has done a lot to undermine the already existing clan system we have. Why? Clan chat. Just the name of it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. A bunch of people on one person's friendlist given a few ranks is NOT a clan. A single person doesn't stand a good chance of running a successful clan (at least for long). You add a person to your friend's list and it says "Your clan will be updated in 30 seconds." What the heck!? That person isn't in my "Clan," he's just some random dude I lent my whip to and who asked to become my friend. Quite honestly, if that's what Jagex deems a "clan" I'm not all together sure if I WANT proper clan support from them. It very well could be too late.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the ability to have a "chatroom" (for lack of a better word) on Runescape, and my clan does have their own Clan Chat (which is one of the few true "Clan Chats") which we use frequently. I simply don't think the name fits the purpose. Team Talk? Maybe. But not "Clan Chat."

I agree with all of your points there. Maybe have a sub-section to the Friends list that is a "Clan List".

j0xPu5R.png

No I don't think they are doing a very good job. Clan Chat is not what it should be, nor is the wilderness. They failed to replace what was lost when they changed it from PVP to PVM (Player Vs Player to Player Vs Monster). Allot of clan's suffered from this change including Militos Deci. Bounty hunter is not a suitable substitute and is not favorable to clan in general due to the combat restrictions placed upon them. Clan Wars was not that good when I retired, don't know if they did anything to improve them. I think Jagex really needs to have it's staff join some of the more popular clan's out their on their regular accounts (not the one's with golden crown's) and actually become full fledged members. Perhaps if they do so they will have a better understanding of what the clan world is like, and what it was before the January updates.

Jagex's main priority for clan support should be to bring back the old wilderness; all they need to do is make some small changes and restrictions. Perhaps having it start in level 20 right off would be a big improvement. As for Bots: Jagex needs to lighten up a bit, if a few get through from time to time it's not that big a deal.

While we are on the subject of bots and all the obtrusive changes that where made to stop them, I need to ask this: How many of you would be willing to have the bots back if it would bring back the old game instead of this completely different one?

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

While we are on the subject of bots and all the obtrusive changes that where made to stop them, I need to ask this: How many of you would be willing to have the bots back if it would bring back the old game instead of this completely different one?

While I agree what Jagex has done isn't up to par with the old wild I'd rather have no bots and no wild then the other way around, the bots undermined the game and made it less fun, why play when it can play for me, why work hard and achieve something when I can buy it all, besides the PK worlds are a step toward the old wild.

The clan system was better before Jagex came messing around with it. It worked, because the members of the clans made it work.

Now, you are forced to use a flawed and limiting system (Clan Chat and Clan Wars), which are limiting the clans potential (100 man limit is far too low, there is no way you can have a decent one on one between big clans, or an alliance Vs alliance). It also made the wars too structured, taking away a lot of fun from them.

Unfortunately, they had to do this because of RWT, and seeing they have no clue what clans do, they made the current system.

That said, I'm expecting a lot from the new PvP updates. I'm hoping (and I would be surprised if they didn't) that they listened to the many feedback and hopefully they'll make it better then the old Wilderness was.