So the 360 has been selling 2x that of the PS3 in Japan

Faux

Good exclusives are a dying breed. If you consider that many games (from your list) coming out as AAA in just one season, then I don't think there's a point in calling them AAA to begin with. Maybe AA only :P
AAA isn't some exclusive club. Most of those games I put in the lower section are probably more AA (just remembered, forgot Force Unleased - that's AAA). I consider AAA games to be big budget, full price titles from well-respected and experienced developers. By your definition, what you consider AAA I would consider a killer app (exclusive, system-seller, the biggest releases). GTAIV wasn't really a killer app cause it didn't convice people to go out immediately and buy a console because it was on both (and most regular gamers have one of: 360, PS3 or gaming PC by this point).

Let's play the game first before we make conclusions that it's AAA and above the rest of it's competition. You can't really base it off of a handful of trailers

There have been plenty of sequels that fail to live up to it's hype

AAA is a designation, not a rating. I've played hardly any CoD4, but I fail to see how I couldn't consider it AAA

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sorry for the major bump didnt think its worth making a new thread about this*

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2028 360 outsells Wii and PS3... in Japan

Honestly, even when I made this thread in the beginning, I never thought the 360 can outsell the Wii in Japan.

There was a 360 rumored price drop in japan, it happened and the less crazy tales of vesperia fans bought it after the price drop.It confirms the status of the franchise now its now sold as expected.Im not so surprised, and anyway japans more of a handheld market with ds, the wii has been lowering in slaes since about february.

tifsdac6mc.gif