So the 360 has been selling 2x that of the PS3 in Japan

Faux

Really gives an insight on how wrong people are of accusing Japanese gamers of being xenophobic and not buying 360 because it's American-made.

Turns out they didn't buy the 360 because it lacked their preference for games - jRPG. With Tales of Vesperia out, 360 is selling more than the PS3 and the PS2 combined. This is the reason why Microsoft made Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 exclusives for the 360.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Why does it seem like every post of yours that I read is trying to start a console war?

Point out where I said one console is better than the other in my post? All I'm saying is that Japanese gamers love jRPGs and 360 owners are lucky because Microsoft is actively working for acceptance in the Japanese market. The reason why I listed PS3 is because Playstation is a Japanese brand. I'm only proving a point. I'm not saying 360 is better / PS3 is crap.

You're pretty messed up in the head if you think my post is a flamebait.

Why buy a console for one game, especially since there's tons of other jRPGs for the PS3?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

There is still some xenophobia at play, just as there is with any society. The fact Nintendo are Japanese will appeal to them just as the Xbox appeals to Americans because it's an American company. It allows them to relate more to one another and gives market researchers an advantage in recognising what gamers in a particular culture want.

The real issue here is that SONY messed up massively on the PS3, and they've done almost nothing to address it. It's like they've given up to focus on the PS4.

Really, the variety of games on Xbox hasn't increased a great deal.

Why buy a console for one game, especially since there's tons of other jRPGs for the PS3?

"tons"? Name them?

There is still some xenophobia at play, just as there is with any society. The fact Nintendo are Japanese will appeal to them just as the Xbox appeals to Americans because it's an American company. It allows them to relate more to one another and gives market researchers an advantage in recognising what gamers in a particular culture want.

The real issue here is that SONY messed up massively on the PS3, and they've done almost nothing to address it. It's like they've given up to focus on the PS4.

Really, the variety of games on Xbox hasn't increased a great deal.

Games on the 360 is more varied. I don't have the link anymore, but there was a gamesite that showed which console had the higher scores on various genres and the 360 came on top over Wii / PS3.

well PS is killing xbox in america, PS2 is still coming out with new games but xbox is completely dried.

lousy ps2 they get madden 09

Microsoft has nothing to worry about. The only AAA game coming out this Christmas season is for the Xbox 360. Gears of War 2.

This thread just proved how big of a 360 fanboy you really are. :|

Are you [bleep]ing stupid? Did you even read ANYTHING that shadow posted? Have you seen any of the topics he's posted? About why the 360 sucks? Tell me, how dense are you? Jesus christ, you are the worst of the worst Mlb.

it outsold the ps3 one week in japan due to tales of vesperia releasing that week and you make it seem like a big deal

when a popular exclusive releases, you will always see a boost in sales

Obviously it is a big deal. Japan is the country that Sony can rely on, but if Microsoft keeps snatching up these jRPG exclusives, then the 360 can actually become a legit contender in that market.

The reason why this is a good thing is that *us* Western 360 gamers profit from these games also. With Microsoft actively seeking acceptance within the Japanese market means the 360 will shed its image of a "shooter-only" console.

...Why does it seem like every post of yours that I read is trying to start a console war?

Thats untrue... he started the Mass Effect thread.

Oh, but theres only one problem with this, XBox Live and the Japaneese. Imaging playing a game, and being yelled at in Japaneese :lol:

Is this in the last month? you didnt give details. The thing is though there have been anomolous sales, crazy stuff like PS3 outselling Wii in one month. So it depends where this conclusion was drawn from.

Its probably because FF13 is on 360, so people who didnt want to splash out on a PS3 are buying a 360 to play it because its cheaper, because they're not really interested in the other exclusive games for the systems because they're a casual gamer, but a fan of FF. Within the next couple of months the PS3 will probably be outselling the 360 again, with the Wii outselling both.

Im not saying this is deliberate flamebait, but people are likely to come on here defending PS3, which will most likely lead to a liberal use of the word "fanboy".

mgssteelwarol7.png

Is this in the last month? you didnt give details. The thing is though there have been anomolous sales, crazy stuff like PS3 outselling Wii in one month. So it depends where this conclusion was drawn from.

Its probably because FF13 is on 360, so people who didnt want to splash out on a PS3 are buying a 360 to play it because its cheaper, because they're not really interested in the other exclusive games for the systems because they're a casual gamer, but a fan of FF. Within the next couple of months the PS3 will probably be outselling the 360 again, with the Wii outselling both.

Im not saying this is deliberate flamebait, but people are likely to come on here defending PS3, which will most likely lead to a liberal use of the word "fanboy".

the details are it outsold the ps3 for one week. the ps3 went back ahead the week after which he didn't mention. he just said it has been outselling

reason was a 360 exclusive was released in japan, it had nothing to do with ff13. ff13 isn't even coming out on 360 in japan and won't be released for a while anyways

What?

m_theory11.png

the details are it outsold the ps3 for one week. the ps3 went back ahead the week after which he didn't mention. he just said it has been outselling

reason was a 360 exclusive was released in japan, it had nothing to do with ff13. ff13 isn't even coming out on 360 in japan and won't be released for a while anyways

You know you just talked out of your arse right? The 360 just outsold the PS3 last week. The stats for this week didn't even come out yet so your "ps3 went back ahead the week after" is a complete lie.

Anyway, this is the website: http://www.m-create.com/ranking/ You don't have to speak Japanese to understand the bottom table.

Read more, post less next time?