The RS-Lootsystem

deaddutch

The lootsystem.... A good way to make money you'd think. Well that's different for me.

I've been fighting Tzhaars for hours and hours, sometimes longs camps. Today I decided to do it again, to get some more tokkul for my very own onyx gem. \'

After about a half an hour of fighting some ranger joins me. Five more minutes later he gets a obby shield drop! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

To conclude: I HATE THE LOOTSYSTEM !! Some make millions at GWD everyday, and when I try to solo a boss, I get whiped of the earths surface.

Give me you're opinion, and DON'T post pics to show off you'r drops. Thanks.

Deaddutch.png

Wait... Are you cursing your bad luck at Tzhaar, the fact that someone else got one before you, or that you can't kill a boss with almost straight 99s? If its bad luck at tzhaar, I feel for ya. If someone else got a drop faster then you, well.... Not really significant, it all balances out. (using someone elses example), if you flipped a penny 3 times and it landed heads up every time, does that mean someone else can't come and flip tails on the first try? No, you can only tell probability when your sample size is big enough, in this case at least several dozen flips. And that's for an item with a 50/50 chance! (Ok, I lied. Its somewhere in the neighborhood of %.05 more likely to land on heads, due to the extra weight of Lincon's head and the distance it sticks out compared to the building on the back). If you can't kill a boss, go in a big team until you get the hang of it. (Oh, and I won't post a bunch of drops, but I'm betting at least 3 other people will. Possibly me if I find any good ones (who wants to see a 29m hilt split :wall: ).

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yeah I've had a similar experience with a mate lootsharing whilst attacking the mole.

After the best part of a day we had to even things out via trade so we both got a fair share.

Nice, but could be better I guess.

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

I was fighting with lootshare with one of my friends, and it seemed like she got every drop. I don't know how it calculates who gets anything, but it does seem to not be fair...I wish I did not team with someone for hours and end up with less than half of the money from those hours of fighting.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

He's said nothing about lootshare, he's talking about how he never gets any decent monster drops. He can't kill bosses, so lootshare doesn't affect him.

I was fighting with lootshare with one of my friends, and it seemed like she got every drop. I don't know how it calculates who gets anything, but it does seem to not be fair...I wish I did not team with someone for hours and end up with less than half of the money from those hours of fighting.

It means your friend missed out on a lot of drops before, meaning she has high lootshare points, and you have very little. Yours has now rose, and you will receive more drops then someone with 0 points. It works out... (Does anyone read the KB o.O)

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

^ Nope, nobody reads it. Shame, it has some of the more detailed information for obscure things.

Seriously though, you're just unlucky currently. Chances are it'll change.

Yeah, I'm proud to say that I've read EVERY page in their at least twice, some of them 10+ times. Obviously no one else does; aside from money related questions, 90% of the H&A forum is covered in it. And a certain development diary basically invalidates quite a few rants in here...

DeviledEgg24.png

First of all thanks for the replies.

Second: I indeed didn't mean lootshare, but I experience about the same with that. I get all the bones/hides drops...

And last and third: I :!: HOPE :!: to get some decent drops in the (far) future, solo or team.

If you ask me, this thread can get locked up ::'

Deaddutch.png

So wait, are you mad at your bad luck or mad at the other person's good luck?

If it is the first, I am sorry that you aren't having that much luck there but keep trying and you should get a good drop in no time. Hopefully. If it is the second, seriously, get a life. It is just a game. Take it a little less seriously. How about congratulating a fellow player on getting something good instead of bashing on him for his luck?

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

Yeah, I'm proud to say that I've read EVERY page in their at least twice, some of them 10+ times.

I beat you! I've read the whole knowledge base three times AND the terms and conditions TWICE through!!!

PH33R mai extra-long attention span!!!!!

Back OT: this is a better loot system than WoW, which allows ninja looting (I will kill anyone who EVER does this is 20+ man raids... :evil: ). Coinshare is VERY good in boss battles when you get "high" level drops (how a d med is high level, I'll never know :roll: .) Before coinshare the number of drops balanced out, but not necessarily the profit. Now, it's relatively balanced.

Edit: oh, you're talking about normal drops #-o

Pretty much every mmorpg has the same pattern. Just be glad that there are some areas of rs where it's single-combat. WoW is completely multi-combat.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

It's based off turns which is the bad part. It should be based off damage, so lower levels tend to LS with higher levels, but still have some aspects of the "turns" way.

Then that would defeat the purpose of lootshare...

If people want to not have lower levels in the clan chat, then just kick them.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg