WIP - Cave Map - TF2

destro3979

Hello everyone, I don't know if anyone noticed but i haven't been around for awhile. While i was gone i learned how to map using Hammer. If you don't know what hammer is... its the map making program that valve uses to makes its games(Half-life 2, Counterstrike, Team fortress 2, Portal, ect...).

The pictures are in order form beginning to current.

There are also a lot of glitches that i haven't worked out yet... so just ignore them.

[hide=The Map]startiy8.jpg

The start of my map

20thgu7.png

entrance updated

tunnelsf3.jpg

inside the cave

collapszf8.png

a collapsed corner to a room

tunnellg5.png

some of the tunnels and their lights

clifffvr1.png

the entrance updated

backkqo7.png

by the cliff looking back

watervm6.png

The main central cave, water is currently broken, i shot it to show that there is water there[/hide]

sorry for the random image sizes... i quickly cropped them in paint so i don't know what happened...

[hide=If anyone wants to see how confusing it can get then look here]hammerjv6.png[/hide]

Also if anyone is wondering why this is in the Gallery... I would say you have to be pretty artistic to make all this scenery. Think of it as more of a landscape, terragen or something else like that instead of a game map. ::'

Enjoy!

New Sig Coming soon!

glad to see you back bud 8-) . that doesnt look so hard... :roll: hah ok maybe just a little.

well i cant C/C it because id look like an idiot who doesnt know what hes talking about, but it looks pretty badass. do i get to demo whatever it is your making and/or you teach me how to make my own pl0xz??!

sexy/10 <3:<3:

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

glad to see you back bud 8-) . that doesnt look so hard... :roll: hah ok maybe just a little.

well i cant C/C it because id look like an idiot who doesnt know what hes talking about, but it looks pretty badass. do i get to demo whatever it is your making and/or you teach me how to make my own pl0xz??!

sexy/10 <3:<3:

if you own any steam games you can do it. If not go buy orange box or something cause i don't think there are any demos.

New Sig Coming soon!

I tried to have a go with this but didn't get -anywhere- litereally. It said you had to unpack some files or something... I was just like wtf. Bugger it. And uninstalled! :lol: But you're doing great there. Maybe you could try and redo some of the default maps like de_dust2 or cs_office or something. :D

Good job. I always have wanted (and still do) to learn Hammer... just never got around to it. How hard would you say it is? :P

As far as the map goes visually it looks pretty good. The inside of the cave could certainly use more "landmarks" in it (it seems like a pretty bleak tunnel) and probably have more than a straight shot. Of course I haven't played it yet so I can't really comment on that.

The real question is if it is balanced and, more importantly, fun though. I would personally consider game design (or level design) a form of artwork myself and balance/playability/fun all go into consideration here. :thumbup:

Be sure to tell us when we can play the map online, lol.

Thank you everyone ::'

Good job. I always have wanted (and still do) to learn Hammer... just never got around to it. How hard would you say it is? :P

As far as the map goes visually it looks pretty good. The inside of the cave could certainly use more "landmarks" in it (it seems like a pretty bleak tunnel) and probably have more than a straight shot. Of course I haven't played it yet so I can't really comment on that.

The real question is if it is balanced and, more importantly, fun though. I would personally consider game design (or level design) a form of artwork myself and balance/playability/fun all go into consideration here. :thumbup:

Be sure to tell us when we can play the map online, lol.

It's not very hard. I made a few random maps before this to get used to hammer but i found that anything you need can be easily found on the internet. There are plenty of tutorials if you look for them.

As for the game play... its far from finished. The big entrance cave in the front is still in the team spawn, its blocked off where it meets the tunnels. The balance as far as the teams go is going to be fine. I'm making one side of the map and then I'm going to flip it and just change everything from red to blu. As far as class balance... I'm going to try to do the best i can when i get into the more detailed work.

New Sig Coming soon!

I'm not sure what happened... :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

I went to go work on the map today. Opened it up and it said there are errors in the file and that it cant load some stuff. I hope i can get it working again...

but its not all bad! It somehow fixed a couple of my random glitches!

New Sig Coming soon!