Herblore and Farming Questions

Numberkills

For Herblore, what is the most efficient (cost/speed) method to get from 70-80 Herblore? I am pretty stable on money, and more than willing to spend a fair amount on this skill.

As far as Farming goes, what trees should I grow at 75 farming that are the most economically efficient? I currently use Pineapple Trees for my fruit tree patches, and for my Wood trees patches I use 3 Willows, 1 Maple, and 1 Yew (costing around 85k) for each run. I don't use calquats solely because the price has recently increased from ~33k to 40k, and I am not ready to spend that much money yet. Herbs and Flowers are Snapdragon and Limpwurts for profit, and Poison Ivy for bushes.

What can I do to improve farming exp without spending way too much money?

206mwr6.jpg

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||

122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||

16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

For Herblore, i hear that prayer potions and super restores are generally good exp/cost ratio depending on the prices.

For Farming, if you aren't getting branches and other harvests, i would reccomend you do so. Otherwise, i have no idea how you would increase the farming exp you are getting.

ny_lucario.png

I don't mean exp for each tree, I mean what trees would be better to use, I should have clarified that. As in, would the 22k extra spent on Maple Trees be worth the exp over Willows? Or should I use Papaya/Palm instead of Pineapple Trees?

206mwr6.jpg

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

No, i generally understood that, but i meant if you were counting the harvests from each tree (if it sold) into your budget, or if it wasn't counted. For willows to maples, is a 2.4 multiplier from willow's exp and the loss of the branches worth 22k? For papaya/palms from pineapple, papaya costs 3 or so times more for a 40% boost to the harvesting exp, and Palm costs about 7-8 times more for a little more then double. The main question is, what speed do you want to go at?

ny_lucario.png

If you're farming anyways, farm herbs for the potion you want to make. I would personally go with Super Restores. I believe you can make a profit from most potions if you farm the herbs yourself. Some of them you might have to collect the seconds too, but if you buy the red spider eggs for Super Restores, I think you should still make a profit (though a smaller one.)

Blakdragon39.png

For farming, i personally use curry trees and willows, simply cuz im poor :)

But i suppose pineapple arent that expensive and are good exp, as for trees, i think yews are a waste because of the payment is 10 cactus spines, but if you arent paying them, then im not sure.

To get more exp, you could always play vinesweeper ::'

Staurolite.png

I pick my own spines ;)

206mwr6.jpg

I pick my own spines ;)

Sell the spines, yews are not worth paying for. On average, 1/8 yew trees die. You're basically paying 200k in spines to make sure all 8 trees live, while you could have bought 3 extra yew seeds with the money you saved on not paying the farmer. If you're not in a hurry, don't pay for the yews.

I personally plant dwarf weeds, pineapple trees and calquats. I still have about 20 calquats saplings left, I bought them when they were like 15k each. I will probably stop planting once I run out of saplings, the prices for calquat seeds are ridiculous.

I'd recommend you plant either kwuarms, snapdragons or dwarf weeds. Those give profit and nice herblore xp. I did kwuarms back when you didn't profit from dwarf weeds/ranging potions, but nowI like dwarf weeds best. I get about 7k xp/run which is quite good, and with the current range potion prices they even make about 8k profit/patch.

I wouldn't plant normal trees. I don't do willows because they're like a herb run that doesn't make you money, and I don't plant maples/yews because I don't have money to spend. You can plant them if you want.

Pineapples are a good fruit tree to plant, average xp and very cheap. Pay the farmer, the payment is only 10 watermelons.

2dvjurb.png