should there be insurance

archimage_a

it should be if u are killed u get back stuff, as long as it wasnt ur fault (i was only attacking the KBD) it should give u back half the money u payed for it atleast i hate dieing when u didnt do anything(i was walking down the road and i got mugged by a highway man (if u where really nooby))

just a thought

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Too much programming involved in wether you do get it back or don't. Theres already too much inflation, lets not bring in any more. This would make the items you drop be still in the game, but you get some more money back.

and ur point comes in where, if u droped something u get back half what the genral store would have bought it for. and its not that hard kill ,something else lose ur stuff, easy

it should be if u are killed u get back stuff, as long as it wasnt ur fault (i was only attacking the KBD) it should give u back half the money u payed for it atleast i hate dieing when u didnt do anything(i was walking down the road and i got mugged by a highway man (if u where really nooby))

just a thought

At least half the money you payed for it ?? I can see a lot of people selling each other crap (like balls of wool) for massive prices, getting most of the money back (obviously you'd only do it for trusted friends), then getting killed carrying it and making a lot of money.

Say for example though, it was shop value only. You'd still have heaps of people losing party hats and getting upset because they didn't get back the millions they paid for it.

I can't see it working. Games like Ultima Online have introduced this and have problems with it, as people NEVER lose their expensive items.

as far as i know running, teleporting and food pretty much solve those problems.

i dont think ive ever seen a newb die from being attacked by one of these npcs (if anything they always attack first :P ) and although ive seen some newbs lose a bit from being pwned by a low level mages in the same area, i dont think insurance solves that problem (wizard robes do).

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

i did actualy say half the genral store buying price, and it should be at least tested cos i hate running about for stuff then losing stuff cos i cant get out of some pit or i left a helm on or something

or they could sell it in the GENRAL STORE AND GET 2* AS MUCH U DONT SEEM TO GET WHAT IM SAYING

INSURANCE = HALF GENRAL STORE PRICE WHEN YOU SELL IT TO THEM

BRONZE DAGGER=10GP GENRAL STORE ASKING PRICE

INSURENCE ON THAT= 5GP

SEE HOW IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then it isnt insurance

exactly, insurance means that you get all the money back that you wrongly lost, that being said, insurence would never happen cuz the comp cant tell if it was wrongly lost or not

Horus was weak, Abbadon was a fool, but I Karkan, chosen of the chaos gods, shall conquer Terra, I shall kill the false emperor. Under my blood stained banner, chaos shall rule the universe

to get insurance, you first have to buy it. You can only get the cash back if what happened was in no way your fault. So dying because you went near a vicious beast or because you didn't bring food is your fault. You wouldn't get money back just because an npc kills you...maybe if you were keylogged :? , but that is still your fault half the time.

knightsoforderse9.png

ummm firstly: would u have to buy insurance? yes

how could they know it was ur fault? same as in the wilderness u get a star above ur head for 10min if u die u dont have any money back.

i am glad that this took off

i am glad that this took off

If by took off, you mean people flaming you for your stupid idea, then yes, this 'took off'.

There are several reasons why this won't work.

1. Too hard to program.

2. Computer can't tell whether you died 'and it wasnt your fault'

IMHO every time you die it is your fault.

If it is because you are in wildy, its because your stats suck, you didnt teleport, or didnt bring enough food. If it is against a monster, it is your fault because you didnt bring enough food, arent high enough level to fight that NPC, or your equipment is inferior to the equipment needed to defeat that monster.

[rant]3. The one who suggested "Insurance" has HORRIBLE grammar and spelling[/endrant]

leave the kid alone ya jerk.ust because he had one bad idea doesn't mean that hes a stupid noob

And where are your suggestions? This board is meant for ideas to better runescape and if you cant think of anything or submit constructive critisism then you are meerly prohibiting people from discussing ideas that could change the game.

So you shouldn't really be here go to rants.

i dont really care all that much but simply

u would have stuff to lose

its better than nothing

if u attack something u get a star above your head

a star mean your insurance is invaild (not good)

i am glad this took off=i am board of ideas to:

rasie stats

make huge castles

have things that dont do anything

seeds that wont work

but since no one cares...

worst idea ever how could it not be your fault if you die :twisted:

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

(\/) 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

(O.o) cabbage rools

(><) my sig is cool, if you agree put this in your sig. *is too lazy to animate*

^the bunny is back! yay!

the worst idea ever was the night that u and a computer got together and type the moronish posts as:

insurance is good, and its not your fault if u are killed trying to get out of the brimhaven dungons or if u got hacked and put in the middle of dragon island.

so it is pointless to say u had the worst idea ever.

mine was second :D :)