Closed

De_Lille_D

CLOSED. Please lock/remove this.

Note: this is supposed to be a constructive debate, which means you can't just disagree without mentioning counterarguments (reasons why this wouldn't work).

Introduction:

Hello and welcome to my debate to replace player-to-player trades. Please don't let yourself be carried away by your emotions and try to stay objective and rational.

If you want to add some upsides or downsides to the list, make sure it's in an organized post, or I might miss them.

Suggestion:

I want to replace player-to-player trades with player-to-Jagex trades only. There would be no remaining way to trade between 2 players (this does not include giving away items). Most features that are used to trade now will remain, but changed in a way that they don't allow direct trading (items of one player for the items of another player).

The Grand Exchange would no longer transfer items between players, but it would exchange your items for cash (or vice versa) instantly, for a fixed price, decided by Jagex (they retain the right to change prices when new updates get released).

The Trade option would be renamed the 'Give' option and could be used to donate items to other players within the trade limit (I got a question here - check hide). This could be used for questing or monster hunting.

Upsides (Pro):

•  
    [*:n3bm9l1k] Instant Trades: No more waiting for your things to sell or buy.

[*:n3bm9l1k] No more RWT: if you can't trade, how can you transfer large amounts of money?

[*:n3bm9l1k] No more price manipulating: the prices will be controlled by Jagex.

[*:n3bm9l1k]

Downside (Contra):

•  
    [*:n3bm9l1k]

There, you can now start debating about the up/downsides of this update.

I also would like to ask you to use my tip make your quotes smaller (check my sig), so I can save some thread space.

I keep thinking that sometime in the future, this will happen anyway. Despite not wanting it to, and disagreeing with you I do see the benefits. However, here are some downsides (bad points):

- Player to Player interaction is one of the main reason so many players enjoy Runescape

- Player to Jagex trading would mean Jagex 100% determines the maket, not good

- So many items are much more easily found through other players than the Grand Exchange

- Certain items with NO demand through the Grand Exchange would NEVER shift (junk type items)

- Merchanting would literally die. Merchants are good for the economy and keep the maket flowing consistantly

Please take the time to apprectiate my concerns before jumping in with a come back ;) ::'

- Player to Player interaction is one of the main reason so many players enjoy Runescape

- Player to Jagex trading would mean Jagex 100% determines the maket, not good

- So many items are much more easily found through other players than the Grand Exchange

- Certain items with NO demand through the Grand Exchange would NEVER shift (junk type items)

- Merchanting would literally die. Merchants are good for the economy and keep the maket flowing consistantly

Please take the time to apprectiate my concerns before jumping in with a come back ;) ::'

- This will be no different from The Grand Exchange. The only thing disappearing is the actual player-to-player trading and the marketplace forums.

- I think Jagex know best what should and shouldn't be worth a lot; it's their game after all.

- With infinite stock and instant trades, this wouldn't be an issue.

- Actually, there would be a lot of items who would never shift, if Jagex controlled prices.

- I'd say that's actually an upside (but that's my opinion and for another debate); by the way there wouldn't be an economy left.

Seriously to me this is only a step away from making all worlds quick chat only,

This would remove one of the huge ascepts of player interaction, and as a result be a negative aspect on the game,

anyway logically downsides:

The ecominy would be obselete, nothing would rise or fall in price

There would be no more merchanting

When a new item was released such as a monster drop it would change price once it had stopped being uber rare

Small trades in remote places would be impossible

There are so many more cons but there small ones which i guess would vary person to person as to how bad they are, but overall i think this is a terrible idea

and this alone would not solve Rwt or whats left of it,

The "give" system is also horrendusly flawed:

player A gives player b a law rune,

a second later player b gives player a 300gp

it just wont work

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.