Anti drug programs - Complete waste of money?

Kill_Thomas9

i haven't even touched road fatalities or the other effects of drugs and i don't think you want me too

Why don't you go ahead and read some of the links I posted on the previous page. They'll tell you about how there is no conclusive evidence of any link between marijuana usage and road fatalities.

Funny how all the anti-drug sites beat around the bush and don't say anything.

MYTH: Marijuana is harmless.

FACT: Marijuana is the most widely used illegal drug among youth today and is more potent than ever. Marijuana use can lead to a host of significant health, social, learning, and behavioral problems at a crucial time in a young person's development. Getting high also impairs judgment, which can lead to risky decision making on issues like sex, criminal activity, or riding with someone who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. According to the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) at Columbia University, teens who use drugs are five times more likely to have sex than teens who do not use drugs. Getting high also contributes to general apathy, irresponsible behavior, and risky choices.

Marijuana experienced an increase in potency between 1960-1970, but has remained at the same potency level ever since. Pot can also lead people to be antisocial, just like television! Amazing! Saying marijuana leads to learning and development problems is a flat out lie that has been disproved through numerous tests. The rest is basicly saying teens can be stupid while high. Just as adults can be stupid while drunk.

MYTH: You can't get addicted to marijuana.

FACT: Dont be fooled by popular beliefs. Kids can get hooked on pot. Research shows that marijuana use can lead to addiction. Each year, more kids enter treatment with a primary diagnosis of marijuana dependence than for all other illegal drugs combined.

Kids can also get hooked on video games. Yes. Marijuana use can lead to addiction. But not to the marijuana. Notice how they don't specify what the addiction is to?

MYTH: There are no long-term consequences to marijuana use.

FACT: Research shows that kids who smoke marijuana engage in risky behavior that can jeopardize their futures, like having sex, getting in trouble with the law, or losing scholarship money. Marijuana can also hurt academic achievement and puts kids at risk for depression and anxiety.

Translation: Marijuana doesn't have any long term consequences, but you might get caught with it and go to jail, or come to school high. Just like video games and and Advil, you can become depressed because of them, or experience anxiety. Funny... I don't see anything about how adults can have sex while drunk and get people pregnant.

MYTH: Parents who experimented with marijuana in their youth would be hypocrites if they told their kids not to try it.

FACT: Parents need to make their own decisions about whether to talk to their children about their own drug use. But parents can tell their kids that much more is known today about the serious health and social consequences of using marijuana.

Yes. Much more is known about it's health and social consequences. It is known that marijuana isn't as bad as was thought in the 80's.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't work because they use scare tactics instead of giving actual information.

Look at it this way.

Marijuana is both bad and good.

If you're just chilling with a few friends, thinking about life, existence, etc, etc, then it's good.

If you're getting high and you end up falling over and breaking your arm, then its bad.

BUT, they only tell you about the second scenario.

Do you think its a coincidence that alcohol and tobacco, the two drugs that do pretty much nothing to your way of thinking, are the legal ones, yet ones such as marijuana, shrooms, LSD, DMT etc, (which have also been proven to be less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco) and which change your way of thinking and make you realise why you think the thoughts you do, and just why and how you're being manipulated everyday to do and say certain things, are the illegal ones....?

To me, it seems pretty goddamn obvious.

I'm sorry, but you fit every stereotype I've ever had of a pothead. I do not mean to insult, but your arguments are the rhetoric of a pothead.

Anywho, I hate the "Just say no" campaign that has pretty much existed since 1980 (Nancy Reagan). Hopefully, our next administration will focus less on scare tactics and more on education.

Marijuana should be gone simply because it's illegal and not worth the risk.

As for drinking, if you moderate, and know what you're doing, it's fine. But too many people don't know what they're doing.

1. You are in no position to dictate whether it is not worth the risk.

2. You think responsible drinking exists. I agree. I disagree with the fact that you think responsible smoking doesn't exist.

I don't see what the problem is.

They are a complete waste of money, because if you're stupid enough to get into these things then you can't be helped.

Lmao.

When you go to a bar and you see people drinking and relaxing with friends, do you think "man, these guys are beyond help."

What's the difference between a group of people who drink and a group of people who do weed? If anything, people who blaze are safer. Alcohol is much more dangerous and if you don't believe me you can check pretty much any survey which looks into it.

There are two reasons why marijuana is illegal.

1. The government dislikes anyone who questions their motives and marijuana is a drug that makes you more likely to question their motives. So, they introduce a system of scare tactics and indoctrinate the childrens' minds with it.

2. Those children grow up, carry the ignorance, and infect their children with it.

Quit spreadin the stigma man.

Marijuana should be gone simply because it's illegal and not worth the risk.

As for drinking, if you moderate, and know what you're doing, it's fine. But too many people don't know what they're doing.

Ok, disregarding the illegal point, (being illegal doesn't mean anything other than the government has deceived the general population) what risks are you talking about?

When it's illegal it will be worth the risk if you know what you're doing. But meh, it's up to you really to decide if you'd risk jailtime for a little fun.

Tbh, as long as you're not a problem to anyone else, go for it. These companies are trying to steer you in the right direction, but the choice is yours.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Ok, disregarding the illegal point, (being illegal doesn't mean anything other than the government has deceived the general population) what risks are you talking about?

I was talking about the risk of law trouble.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I'm sorry, but you fit every stereotype I've ever had of a pothead. I do not mean to insult, but your arguments are the rhetoric of a pothead.

Anywho, I hate the "Just say no" campaign that has pretty much existed since 1980 (Nancy Reagan). Hopefully, our next administration will focus less on scare tactics and more on education.

No offense taken. I don't know why you would feel the need to point that out though.

If by pothead you mean "someone who occasionally smokes pot and actually thinks it can be good" then I'd agree, yes I'm a pothead.

But in the interest of being fair, you have to call everyone that drinks a "drinkhead" too.

Whilst my rhetoric may be pothead-esque, I challenge you to disprove any of that which I stated. I think you'll find it hard.

Hey.

No offense taken. I don't know why you would feel the need to point that out though.

If by pothead you mean "someone who occasionally smokes pot and actually thinks it can be good" then I'd agree, yes I'm a pothead.

But in the interest of being fair, you have to call everyone that drinks a "drinkhead" too.

I'm confused, are you talking to me or an above poster? Your post is semi-long and a few posts could have been made while you were typing.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I'm confused, are you talking to me or an above poster? Your post is semi-long and a few posts could have been made while you were typing.

The other guy.. I quoted him...

Anyway, on your previous post;

You can't include marijuana being illegal as one of the risks of marijuana when in a debate on whether it should be legal or not.

That's kinda circular.

Hey.

Hm, wasn't in quote form when I looked.

Anyway, there are tons of risk to Marijuana. But since you CAN use it in moderation (though too few people do), the biggest risk of it is being arrested (assuming you do moderate correctly).

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Hm, wasn't in quote form when I looked.

Anyway, there are tons of risk to Marijuana. But since you CAN use it in moderation (though too few people do), the biggest risk of it is being arrested (assuming you do moderate correctly).

Okay, well the risks for marijuana use are much less than the risks for alcohol and tobacco. Maybe even caffeine.

Hey.

He was talking to Quoi_Tu

I think by "Pothead" he means your opinions concerning illegal drugs such as the good/bad side of it. That and the fact that the illegal drugs are the psychedelics, but the legal ones aren't. And the fact that you pointed out a problem to that.

And this is a duscussion on the anti-drug program (mainly pot). Not about the legality of shrooms and LSD

And if the only risk we're talking about is being arrested, then it makes no sense to keep it illegal. Legalize it (sorry) and we eliminate all risk.

Caffeine? That's interesting, explain please?

And I agree, smoking and drinking are also bad, but if they were illegal, well, prohibition taught us all about that.

Caffine is known to cause dependance, heart attacks, cognitive issues, and other heart issues.

He was talking to Quoi_Tu

I think by "Pothead" he means your opinions concerning illegal drugs such as the good/bad side of it. That and the fact that the illegal drugs are the psychedelics, but the legal ones aren't. And the fact that you pointed out a problem to that.

And this is a duscussion on the anti-drug program (mainly pot). Not about the legality of shrooms and LSD

And if the only risk we're talking about is being arrested, then it makes no sense to keep it illegal. Legalize it (sorry) and we eliminate all risk.

I could easily agree with it being legal just as long as everyone learns to use it correctly.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I think responsibility is the key here. And people don't seem to realize that drugs such as marijuana can be used responsibly. Nothing in excess can be good for you - pot included. And if you don't use it right, things can go wrong. Maybe there should be a test available at age 18 that will determine wether or not you can use marijuana responsibly. If you can, then you receive a license to smoke (not deal) marijuana. It would still be illegal to trade it, but you can smoke it legally.

Marijuana experienced an increase in potency between 1960-1970, but has remained at the same potency level ever since. Pot can also lead people to be antisocial, just like television! Amazing! Saying marijuana leads to learning and development problems is a flat out lie that has been disproved through numerous tests. The rest is basicly saying teens can be stupid while high. Just as adults can be stupid while drunk.

As of 2003, the THC content has increased 6% since 1974. Source: http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/viewadditionalresource.asp?resourceID=191

Translation: Marijuana doesn't have any long term consequences, but you might get caught with it and go to jail, or come to school high. Just like video games and and Advil, you can become depressed because of them, or experience anxiety. Funny... I don't see anything about how adults can have sex while drunk and get people pregnant.

Some reports on negative effects of more than occaisional use of marijuana:

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20080513/take-this-marijuana-message-to-heart

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/news/20080205/marijuana-linked-to-early-gum-disease

*My edits in bold*

And on the pothead post, Kill_thomas got it right. Talking about psychedelics making you "think" and how that is "dangerous." That be pothead/drug user rhetoric.

It'd be better if they taught how to use them responsibly. Now there's the tiny group of those scared [cabbage]less by them, and the much larger group that's excited by the forbidden fruit.

Of course, I knew one teacher who was dipping during an anti-tobacco presentation. I loved him, he was great :lol:

It would still be illegal to trade it, but you can smoke it legally.

Where would you get it? :?

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I think responsibility is the key here. And people don't seem to realize that drugs such as marijuana can be used responsibly. Nothing in excess can be good for you - pot included. And if you don't use it right, things can go wrong. Maybe there should be a test available at age 18 that will determine wether or not you can use marijuana responsibly. If you can, then you receive a license to smoke (not deal) marijuana. It would still be illegal to trade it, but you can smoke it legally.

You just had an idea thats probably better than anything the government has come up with on this topic.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

As of 2003, the THC content has increased 6% since 1974. Source: http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/viewadditionalresource.asp?resourceID=191

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20080513/take-this-marijuana-message-to-heart

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/news/20080205/marijuana-linked-to-early-gum-disease

*My edits in bold*

And on the pothead post, Kill_thomas got it right. Talking about psychedelics making you "think" and how that is "dangerous." That be pothead/drug user rhetoric.

I know those tests seem legitimate, but the marijuana from the 70's they used was low grade marijuana that had been in a footlocker for over 20 years, and had depreciated in potency. The pot from the 80's is much more reliable, but the potency had still dimished over the decades it was there. Still, pot is about 3x stronger than it was 30 years ago. But potency doesn't really matter all that much. Back in those days, people made a joint, and smoked the entire thing throughout the day. These days, people take 5-8 hits (5 breaths of smoke if anybody doesn't know what a hit is) and they're good for the day (or at least 4 hours).

I would post my opinions on this, but my avatar voids almost anything I have to say.(Though my avatar is meant for drugs in general, 420 was all that came to mind as a good metaphor.

People who do drugs are like people who jump off bulidings trying to fly. I really don't care what the hell you do, as long as it only harms you.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

It'd be better if they taught how to use them responsibly. Now there's the tiny group of those scared [cabbage] by them, and the much larger group that's excited by the forbidden fruit.

Of course, I knew one teacher who was dipping during an anti-tobacco presentation. I loved him, he was great :lol:

It would still be illegal to trade it, but you can smoke it legally.

Where would you get it? :?

It would either be government grown (less than ideal -.- )

Or you could get a seperate liscense that would allow you to grow as a company and distribute as certified stores. Of course the government would be very careful handing these out. You would have to sign some sort of contract, and would be sent to jail for life or something if you sold it to anybody without a license.

And I imagine when you get your license, you would have your picture put into some central computer database, and whenever you go to buy pot, you would have your license scanned, and your picture would pop up on the computer to verify that you're who your license says. It might also be possible to grow your own pot (with another license of course).

*My edits in bold*

I know those tests seem legitimate, but the marijuana from the 70's they used was low grade marijuana that had been in a footlocker for over 20 years, and had depreciated in potency. The pot from the 80's is much more reliable, but the potency had still dimished over the decades it was there. Still, pot is about 3x stronger than it was 30 years ago. But potency doesn't really matter all that much. Back in those days, people made a joint, and smoked the entire thing throughout the day. These days, people take 5-8 hits (5 breaths of smoke if anybody doesn't know what a hit is) and they're good for the day (or at least 4 hours).

Exactly, potency is actually a better argument for legalisation.

1. When you buy weed on the street you don't know how strong it is.

2. If weed was legal and you could buy in a store, you would know how strong it was.

3. Therefore, you could adjust your dose accordingly.

It's like beer and whiskey. You don't drink the same amount of each just because they're "alcohol". You adjust how much you take because you know one is much stronger. When buying weed off the street, you don't know. If its legal, and you get it from a store, then you DO know.

Hey.

I would post my opinions on this, but my avatar voids almost anything I have to say.(Though my avatar is meant for drugs in general, 420 was all that came to mind as a good metaphor.

People who do drugs are like people who jump off bulidings trying to fly. I really don't care what the hell you do, as long as it only harms you.

LOL.

You being serious with that avatar..?

Hey.

Turn cannabis into a new tobacco. I like it.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they started turning weed into cigarettes. (As in the tobacco companies see an opportunity and take advantage of it, basically monopolizing cannabis) Filling it with all kinds of chemicals. Maybe even nicotine. Blek.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream