Anti drug programs - Complete waste of money?

Kill_Thomas9

Turn cannabis into a new tobacco. I like it.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they started turning weed into cigarettes. (As in the tobacco companies see an opportunity and take advantage of it, basically monopolizing cannabis) Filling it with all kinds of chemicals. Maybe even nicotine. Blek.

GOOD GOD NO!

It would have to be illegal to fill joints with anything other than cannabis. Otherwise it would be like cigarettes, only people would actually have a reason to smoke them! And growing your own cannabis could also help make sure they don't become like cigarettes.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, potency is actually a better argument for legalisation.

1. When you buy weed on the street you don't know how strong it is.

2. If weed was legal and you could buy in a store, you would know how strong it was.

3. Therefore, you could adjust your dose accordingly.

It's like beer and whiskey. You don't drink the same amount of each just because they're "alcohol". You adjust how much you take because you know one is much stronger. When buying weed off the street, you don't know. If its legal, and you get it from a store, then you DO know.

I've known quite a few guys who have gotten marijuana laced with cocaine, LSD, PCP, you name it. All because no one regulates.

Marijuana experienced an increase in potency between 1960-1970, but has remained at the same potency level ever since. Pot can also lead people to be antisocial, just like television! Amazing! Saying marijuana leads to learning and development problems is a flat out lie that has been disproved through numerous tests. The rest is basicly saying teens can be stupid while high. Just as adults can be stupid while drunk.

As of 2003, the THC content has increased 6% since 1974. Source: http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/viewadditionalresource.asp?resourceID=191

Translation: Marijuana doesn't have any long term consequences, but you might get caught with it and go to jail, or come to school high. Just like video games and and Advil, you can become depressed because of them, or experience anxiety. Funny... I don't see anything about how adults can have sex while drunk and get people pregnant.

Some reports on negative effects of more than occaisional use of marijuana:

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20080513/take-this-marijuana-message-to-heart

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/news/20080205/marijuana-linked-to-early-gum-disease

*My edits in bold*

And on the pothead post, Kill_thomas got it right. Talking about psychedelics making you "think" and how that is "dangerous." That be pothead/drug user rhetoric.

I know those tests seem legitimate, but the marijuana from the 70's they used was low grade marijuana that had been in a footlocker for over 20 years, and had depreciated in potency. The pot from the 80's is much more reliable, but the potency had still dimished over the decades it was there. Still, pot is about 3x stronger than it was 30 years ago. But potency doesn't really matter all that much. Back in those days, people made a joint, and smoked the entire thing throughout the day. These days, people take 5-8 hits (5 breaths of smoke if anybody doesn't know what a hit is) and they're good for the day (or at least 4 hours).

2. If weed was legal and you could buy in a store, you would know how strong it was.

It's like beer and whiskey. You don't drink the same amount of each just because they're "alcohol". You adjust how much you take because you know one is much stronger. When buying weed off the street, you don't know. If its legal, and you get it from a store, then you DO know.

Wow, very good point. I hadn't even thought of that. Not to mention pot you buy off the street can be laced with harder dugs (cocaine and such).

We should all go start our own country with this system! We'd be the most popular country in the world! (I'm joking about the country thing obviously)

I would post my opinions on this, but my avatar voids almost anything I have to say.(Though my avatar is meant for drugs in general, 420 was all that came to mind as a good metaphor.

People who do drugs are like people who jump off bulidings trying to fly. I really don't care what the hell you do, as long as it only harms you.

LOL.

You being serious with that avatar..?

Again, it is about drugs in general, such as heroin and meth, the ones that can kill you.

But being high off of anything from meth all the way down to sharpies(yes I have seen it :shock: ) isn't good for you, and I usually advise people against intentionally impairing their judgement and harming themselves, but more so that they can harm others while impaired.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

And you know, I just realized something. Higher potency is a great thing. That means you breathe in less tar, and less of anything bad, while still ingesting the same about of THC. Which actually means a healthier joint. If you think about it, the government could even engineer a cannabis plant that is much more potent than currently (maybe 10x more), which means you breath in 1/10 the smoke for the same high. Which is a great thing.

I've known quite a few guys who have gotten marijuana laced with cocaine, LSD, PCP, you name it. All because no one regulates.

Another reason to legalize.

Once I got weed laced with PCP.... but the thing is, it was actually amazing. I guess I'm really lucky I didn't end up thinking I was a chicken or a goat or something.

Hey.

I would post my opinions on this, but my avatar voids almost anything I have to say.(Though my avatar is meant for drugs in general, 420 was all that came to mind as a good metaphor.

People who do drugs are like people who jump off bulidings trying to fly. I really don't care what the hell you do, as long as it only harms you.

LOL.

Again, it is about drugs in general, such as heroin and meth, the ones that can kill you.

But being high off of anything from meth all the way down to sharpies(yes I have seen it :shock: ) isn't good for you, and I usually advise people against intentionally impairing their judgement and harming themselves, but more so that they can harm others while impaired.

In that case, I suggest you change your avatar to something like "METH - JUST SAY NO" or "ALCOHOL - JUST SAY NO", considering they're both much more dangerous than weed.

And 420 is only associated with weed. When you say 420 yet you mean meth and crack, it's sorta misleading. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone sayin the whole 420 thing yet actually referring to meth.

Hey.

LOL.

You bring up a good point (although this is the exact opposite of what you're trying to say). Snuffing sharpies gets you "high" only because it cuts off the oxygen supply from your brain due to the fumes. If marijuana was legalized, people wouldn't have to resort to such methods of getting high. Did you hear about the young couple who suffocated themselves to get a high and died because of it? If marijuana was legalized, we wouldn't deal with the problems. Thanks for bringing up such a great point! Yet another reason why marijuana should be legalized!

P.S. Your sig is awesome. Especially considering the fact that the guy was talking to me :P

Once I got weed laced with PCP.... but the thing is, it was actually amazing. I guess I'm really lucky I didn't end up thinking I was a chicken or a goat or something.

Most of the people were fine, but the guy who got the marijuana laced with LSD died. I forget exactly how, but I think it was suicide "technically". Probably not suicide under the influence of what he didn't realize was LSD.

In that case, I suggest you change your avatar to something like "METH - JUST SAY NO" or "ALCOHOL - JUST SAY NO", considering they're both much more dangerous than weed.

What's wrong with alcohol? :(

Most of the people were fine, but the guy who got the marijuana laced with LSD died. I forget exactly how, but I think it was suicide "technically". Probably not suicide under the influence of what he didn't realize was LSD.

I know for a fact that that is complete and utter BS.

LSD will be destroyed by the time you get the marijuana to burn. So it can't be cooked either.

So unless you're telling me that the guy slow cooked brownies with LSD laced weed, then you're lying.

Quit spreading false info.

Hey.

I see your point. I guess I need to find a new avatar.

And I also see your point on the pot legalization. But it should probably just be in regulated places(like a bar) and you should only get limited amounts. I'm just too concerned about the safety of people to agree to complete legalization.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

What's wrong with alcohol?

If you're going to be anti-weed for safety reasons then its only rational to be anti-alcohol too, when you consider that alcohol is much more dangerous.

That is, if you're being rational.

Hey.

LSD will be destroyed by the time you get the marijuana to burn. So it can't be cooked either.

So unless you're telling me that the guy slow cooked brownies with LSD laced weed, then you're lying.

I'm sure the LSD wouldn't be destroyed by the time the brownies were finished. Brownies don't get that hot when you cook them. Unless you're already high and you put the oven at max temp to cook the brownies faster.

I see your point. I guess I need to find a new avatar.

And I also see your point on the pot legalization. But it should probably just be in regulated places(like a bar) and you should only get limited amounts. I'm just too concerned about the safety of people to agree to complete legalization.

I think the system in Amsterdam is similar to that, with coffee shops as the "bars".

BTW, nice sig :P

Hey.

What's wrong with alcohol?

If you're going to be anti-weed for safety reasons then its only rational to be anti-alcohol too, when you consider that alcohol is much more dangerous.

I think his point was that you were putting alcohol in the same category as LSD and cocaine... and it doesn't belong under the same category.

Edit: 4 pages in 2 and a half ours? I hope they hot topic this! :lol:

I'm sure the LSD wouldn't be destroyed by the time the brownies were finished. Brownies don't get that hot when you cook them. Unless you're already high and you put the oven at max temp to cook the brownies faster.

LSD is destroyed at like 80 C.....

think his point was that you were putting alcohol in the same category as LSD and cocaine... and it doesn't belong under the same category.

LSD is safer than alcohol.

Hey.

I'm not trying to spread false info, but he did die from LSD. So, in this case, that story has a false bit in it maybe added to make a purposefully taken dose of LSD look like a mistake. I don't know, but sorry for the semi-false story. I didn't mean no harm. :(

Well, there you go assuming I'm anti-weed. ;)

I'm not trying to spread false info, but he did die from LSD. So, in this case, that story has a false bit in it maybe added to make a purposefully taken dose of LSD look like a mistake. I don't know, but sorry for the semi-false story. I didn't mean no harm. :(

Well, there you go assuming I'm anti-weed. ;)

I was referring to the other guy.

It's obvious from your posts that you aren't anti weed.

Hey.

LSD is destroyed at like 80 C.....

think his point was that you were putting alcohol in the same category as LSD and cocaine... and it doesn't belong under the same category.

LSD is safer than alcohol.

:shock:

I better read up on LSD! (not that I'm going to use it. because I'm not. I just want to be well informed)

So yeah, if you put your oven at under 175°, you should be fine. It's possible he just ate the week though. Didn't put it in anything first. (not too bright though.)

Drugs should be classified on proven scientific effects under regular conditions(basically, a normal healthy person), as opposed to historical and cultural whims.

Yeah, they're a waste. I hate moronic stigmas.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Well in that case, alcohol is a food item commonly consumed with minimal effect. More importantly, a food item engrained into society as such. A lot of people drink just for taste, which is not something you could say for marijuana. In other words, alcohol has the interesting situation of being a food and drug while marijuana is a drug.

Well in that case, alcohol is a food item commonly consumed with minimal effect. More importantly, a food item engrained into society as such. A lot of people drink just for taste, which is not something you could say for marijuana. In other words, alcohol has the interesting situation of being a food and drug while marijuana is a drug.

Oh good. This relates back to the anti-drug programs. If these programs are teaching that "alcohol = bad" no matter what, then alcohol is not viewed by younger people as a "food" but just as a "drug". The schools are just screwing themselves over.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they started turning weed into cigarettes. (As in the tobacco companies see an opportunity and take advantage of it, basically monopolizing cannabis) Filling it with all kinds of chemicals. Maybe even nicotine. Blek.

GOOD GOD NO!

It would have to be illegal to fill joints with anything other than cannabis. Otherwise it would be like cigarettes, only people would actually have a reason to smoke them! And growing your own cannabis could also help make sure they don't become like cigarettes.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the result after marijuana being legalized.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

GOOD GOD NO!

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the result after marijuana being legalized.

No, it wouldn't.. it couldn't.. I'm sure they would be boycotted and nobody would smoke them.

Tobacco was never particularly huge in cigarettes until the forties, and it wasn't until the fifties than big companies started on 'em. If it had been illegal, I'd think pipe smoking would be the biggest way. But, it isn't, so companies got ahold of them.

It'd be cheaper, more convenient, feel better, be more addictive, and most importantly, hundreds of times worse. One of the worst problems of a capitalist society like ours, many times improvements are for the cheaper, not the better.

And could you really expect stoners to make a successful boycott? Sounds like the point behind Pineapple Express. :P

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream