70 mining

fenrir321

Alright, I am currently 20k mining exp from 70 mining. But this is my dilemma:

I have just mined 384 mithril bars' worth of coal. I will have to mine more or less 400 more coal to get 70 mining.

You're probably wondering, "Why is that a problem? Just sell the coal for 90k!" Well, my policy is to never sell any raw materials I get (logs, ores, raw fish, etc.) This because to lvl up the companion skill (fletching/firemaking, smithing, cooking) I would either have to buy the materials again (giving me 0 net gain) or cut, mine, fish, whatever the same materials! I hate redundancy, so don't tell me to sell the stuff ;)

So, these are my two choices for 70 mining:

1)Mine 400 coal and mine 66 adamant for later use (preferably for making ruby/diamond bolts)

2)Mine the gem rocks in shilo for bolt tips. Why? Well, 384 x 10 bolts per bar = 3840 mithril bolts! 3840 / 12 emerald bolt tips per emerald = I need 320 emeralds!

Power mining iron is a waste of ores, so don't tell me to do that either -.- .

So in essence, should I:

1)go the fast way and buy the emeralds on the exchange

2)go the slower way but get at part of the emeralds for free while also getting other gems

In both circumstances I will be selling 2.5k enchanted emerald bolts.

So, help me out :pray: <3:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I don't know how quickly you can get emeralds at gem rocks, but if it's real slow then you'll make more money by buying them.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Mine coal and save it would be my main though, Maybe mine some adamant later, But dont force yourself to do it,

And having a runescape pollocy (spelt right?) is a bad idea, There's nothing wrong with selling raw materials. I used to have pollocies like that but then i just couldnt be botherd to keep my honour.

znn02a.jpg

ubd6755ku8.png

Just mine the coal, and keep it. Let it stay in your bank until you want to use it again. No need to mine anything else, just let the coal stay in your bank, be proud to have level 70 mining and keep your sanity knowing you haven't sold any materials you might later use.