Turn prayer mode off?! YES pl0x. -UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BNCBot

Thank you all for making this a part of the RuneScape community! Read on!

All credits go to SideRow, or StormBot. (BNCBot) for original concept!

Help from others like willl_holmes was appreciated very much! :thumbsup:

EDIT: I will soon be updating this. will_holmes and a few others had a bunch more suggestions to ADD onto this successful thread! If Jagex used my idea for this topic, who knows, they might even add the rest in. :ohnoes:

I will be updating this soon, once again. Thanks everybody for the positivity!

-April 06, 2009-

-

Thank you Jagex, tip.it community.

If you've all noticed be now, we have the wonderful yet sometimes annoying turn run mode on/off button.

tipit194810vb3.jpg

Well, since I do barrows ALOT, and I know many other people that do barrows, ALOTx3456, I thought it would be useful for a Turn prayer mode off button.

I'm not good at these, but here's my opinion of look. It's very similar.

tipit2194835rs2.jpg

~How it works~

Well, talking barrows here, say you turn on Protect from Melee, enter dharoks tomb, kill him =D> , exit and simply click on the prayer tab beside your minimap. This would be used to TURN OFF THE PRAYER ALREADY ACTIVE, and if you click it again, you could turn on the prayer that was LASTLY USED,E.G in this case, Protect from Melee.

I suppose this'll be alright, but it has to be a right-click option rather than a left-click one. So, you don't accidentally click it while fighting Tztokjad or something.

Good point, but how about this: You can right click the button with an option to Lock it. This means that clicking the button will do nothing until you right click and Unlock it again. That way, if you do not want to accidentally turn off your prayer (although, if you're that clumsy, I can't see how you would handle TzTok-Jad anyway), you can lock it as a precaution.

Every time you log in, the setting should be the same as when you last logged out.

I wouldn't mind taking a side right now, But I'll say F2P have their uses for prayer too. This could help in everything almost, from PKing, to random events, (Evil chickens, hyde), etc.

I think this kind of update would be GREATLY appreciated by questers and the evermore group of PKers', especially with the new PVP UPDATE COMING!

tipit2194835ai1.jpg

Please, share your ideas with me.

Edit: When clicking the button for the first time, A popup will popup and ask which prayer to turn on!

Credit to Tortured Mel

A lot more credit towards will_holmes

siderow.png

Find something to believe in, and when you do, pass it on.

WHAT, and WHO is trusted, is your choice. What do you trust?

Author of the Right-click Prayer Icon!

http://forum.tip.it/topic/200161-turn-prayer-mode-off-yes-pl0x-update-soon/page__p__3007342__fromsearch__1entry3007342

It would also be sued for prayer flashing.

Sued, or used? If sued, WTF?

If used, whats your point? Flashing your prayer is illegal? Are you F2P? :lol: :lol:

siderow.png

http://forum.tip.it/topic/200161-turn-prayer-mode-off-yes-pl0x-update-soon/page__p__3007342__fromsearch__1entry3007342

Assuming you have a hand free, you could also press F6...

...and (thankfully) prayer flashing no longer works.

OR you can easily just click while you're already there.

siderow.png

Are you that lazy to take the second it takes to get to the prayer screen? This would make things too easy.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Are you that lazy to take the second it takes to get to the prayer screen? This would make things too easy.

Then why did Jagex make the Turn off Run mode button? Is the population that lazy? Well, I'm part of the population, so i'm somehow lazy. So don't bother, it won't work here. Idiot.

siderow.png

I think the run button belonged on the overhead screen all along. Jagex made many graphical changes over the past two years, but only until recently did they include all three (HP, Prayer, Energy) on the front view.

See, with all of that, we got a bar indicating how much run energy and prayer energy we have. Before, we had to press F2 to check our health and prayer and F4 to eat food, as well as pressing F6 to activate prayer spells... (or click the button). I'm grateful that I don't have to do that anymore (for the sake of looking).

Furthermore, the run button was located (and still is located) in an area without a hotkey.

Prayer has a hotkey [F6].

jirenma2001.png

I think the run button belonged on the overhead screen all along. Jagex made many graphical changes over the past two years, but only until recently did they include all three (HP, Prayer, Energy) on the front view.

See, with all of that, we got a bar indicating how much run energy and prayer energy we have. Before, we had to press F2 to check our health and prayer and F4 to eat food, as well as pressing F6 to activate prayer spells... (or click the button). I'm grateful that I don't have to do that anymore (for the sake of looking).

Furthermore, the run button was located (and still is located) in an area without a hotkey.

Prayer has a hotkey [F6].

I'm not asking for a hotkey, and you people aren't reading. Topic is, "Turn prayer mode off?"

And some peoples F keys do not work on RS, like myself.

siderow.png

You have to change the computer settings to use the hotkeys.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Yes, it will be usefull!...

But not just 1 prayer... Think about saradoming or armadyl solo trips...

u need to turn on: mage protect/range protect + some defence protect+ item protect + eye (eage,hawk,...).

So ill turn on all 4 prayers and than just click turn OFF, it will turn off all the prayer but when i come in (boss room) i just click on TURN ON, and it will turn on all 4 prayers, good idea!

signatur96.png

I support, it's a good idea. But now we seem to be giving the onscreen icons a clicking function, we may as well finish the job and include clicking functions for the HP and Summoning buttons. Maybe pressing the Summoning icon will activate a familiars special move, provided you have a familiar out, the correct scrolls and enough special move energy?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I support, it's a good idea. But now we seem to be giving the onscreen icons a clicking function, we may as well finish the job and include clicking functions for the HP and Summoning buttons. Maybe pressing the Summoning icon will activate a familiars special move, provided you have a familiar out, the correct scrolls and enough special move energy?

Thank you! Yeah, that might well also be done.

Yes, it will be usefull!...

But not just 1 prayer... Think about saradoming or armadyl solo trips...

u need to turn on: mage protect/range protect + some defence protect+ item protect + eye (eage,hawk,...).

So ill turn on all 4 prayers and than just click turn OFF, it will turn off all the prayer but when i come in (boss room) i just click on TURN ON, and it will turn on all 4 prayers, good idea!

Yeah! You can select the prayers you want to be active when you first use the button, when you log in.

I suppose this'll be alright, but it has to be a right-click option rather than a left-click one. So, you don't accidentally click it while fighting Tztokjad or something.

Yeah, I suppose that could be....Hazardous? LOL.

Thanks for the support everybody.

siderow.png

If we're talking about the same thing, it works... You mean turning off pray between attacks? I use it all the time.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

If we're talking about the same thing, it works... You mean turning off pray between attacks? I use it all the time.

On topic please.

siderow.png

Good point, but how about this: You can right click the button with an option to Lock it. This means that clicking the button will do nothing until you right click and Unlock it again. That way, if you do not want to accidentally turn off your prayer (although, if you're that clumsy, I can't see how you would handle TzTok-Jad anyway), you can lock it as a precaution.

Every time you log in, the setting should be the same as when you last logged out.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Then why did Jagex make the Turn off Run mode button? Is the population that lazy? Well, I'm part of the population, so i'm somehow lazy. So don't bother, it won't work here. Idiot.

I do think you are being a tad lazy because no one was ranting about that when run wasnt out.

Also you run more than you pray.

+1

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I do think you are being a tad lazy because no one was ranting about that when run wasnt out.

+1

It only took a second to get to the tools screen. No more stupid answers that can be answered with the same thing.

And no, you don't run more then you pray, that makes no sense. Where does that take place, F2P BH?

siderow.png

So if they do make that update, would there be one in the future that would allow you to automatically eat a piece of food in your inventory when you click the hp icon? Clicking the prayer menu and turning off your prayers shouldn't take more than a second. And if you have decent gear on with any sort of prayer bonus, you most likely wouldn't lose any prayer points anyway.

fail124.jpgfailbait.png

Fire Cape - Aug 14, 08.

coolnamefailbaitedit.jpg

So if they do make that update, would there be one in the future that would allow you to automatically eat a piece of food in your inventory when you click the hp icon? Clicking the prayer menu and turning off your prayers shouldn't take more than a second. And if you have decent gear on with any sort of prayer bonus, you most likely wouldn't lose any prayer points anyway.

The food suggestion might happen alongside with Summoning and Prayer, but the point of these suggestions isn't getting an advantage in combat, although it might provide an incredibly small one, but ease of use. The better and more streamlined the interface, the better the game.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The food suggestion might happen alongside with Summoning and Prayer, but the point of these suggestions isn't getting an advantage in combat, although it might provide an incredibly small one, but ease of use. The better and more streamlined the interface, the better the game.

I love you, will. <3:

siderow.png

+1

It only took a second to get to the tools screen. No more stupid answers that can be answered with the same thing.

And no, you don't run more then you pray, that makes no sense. Where does that take place, F2P BH?

So in Runescape your running less than your praying?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

You don't read. Please be excused from my topic, why dont'cha?

siderow.png

• 6 months later...