PSP vs. NDS

Abelmisi

Which is your handheld of choice?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your handheld of choice?

• Nindendo DS
    • Playstation Portable

Half the pictures are made up anyway. In the picture I posted, I cannot possibly see how the swinging action in Bowling leads to that sort of trajectory, such that it goes into the TV at a perfectly horizontal angle. Seems a bit too convenient for me...

NDS here, but I think you guys already know that. That being said the PSP can certainly run more powerful homebrew, but I really enjoy the NDS because it can have more unique homebrew with the touch screen. Oh, and the games are great (and a small size too, so I can fit a ton of games on one 2GB MicroSD card).

I initially picked the NDS because it was cheaper, but even with my failure to acquire an R4 card, I think the games I've played or owned so far stand level with what I've tried out on a PSP, in my opinion at least.

And I've gotten every single Gameboy starting from pocket, and the only "evolutionary" stages I skipped were the Advance SP and the old DS.

Air_Dragon15.png

I initially picked the NDS because it was cheaper, but even with my failure to acquire an R4 card, I think the games I've played or owned so far stand level with what I've tried out on a PSP, in my opinion at least.

And I've gotten every single Gameboy starting from pocket, and the only "evolutionary" stages I skipped were the Advance SP and the old DS.

Are you saying that you got a Gameboy Micro, cause that system was fail

Are you saying that you got a Gameboy Micro, cause that system was fail

Whoops, no, didn't get it, forgot that one!

Air_Dragon15.png

DS for sure. PSP has better games (some are like PS2-quality), but I can give that up for portability. There's no point in getting a handheld if it doesn't even fit in your pocket comfortably.

Ive never understood this. What kind of shoddy trousers do you people wear that dont allow you to put a PSP in them, yet can fit a DS? The PSP is far slimmer and barely that much wider.

I said comfortably. I can fit a PSP, but it's longer/wider

DS! Hellz yeah!

Nothing like the ability to draw penis people and use them to save a boob planet.

:twss:

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

The PSP has the better graphics, screen and function, but it lacks those fun games, which the Nintendo DS has. I just hate how the Touch Screen is eaten by the stylus...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

The PSP has the better graphics, screen and function, but it lacks those fun games, which the Nintendo DS has. I just hate how the Touch Screen is eaten by the stylus...

matters on how hard you press and move the stylus..I've had mine for about 4 years..no scratches on the touch screen, but the casing is a mess!

The touch screen does get a little abuse from heavier touch-screen games (Elite Beat Agents, Ninja Gaiden), hence why I use a screen protector. It only costs about 5 bucks, and it keeps your screen as good as new.

The Hori ones are the way to go, they're by far the best DS screen protectors

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Lite- ... 641&sr=8-1

I have this: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Lite- ... 641&sr=8-2

rickastleywh7.png

Yeah go Hori!

My DS is the red and black one.

I only got 2 games for it :P Custom Robo Arena and Animal Crossing: Wild world.

Custom Robo is WAY underrated. Sure, it's not as good as the Gamecube one, but still. The customization is HUGE.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

I mightve been broguth up on the Original GB and every other GB,I choose my PSP, it can play my music, view my photos, watch some movies and surf the web! and ever since it was modded it's over 10X better. I dont really see the appeal of the DS :| Oh LOOK its MARIO, pfft watever. Been Their, Done that :roll:

faiyaz101.png

Unfairly Banned-Appeal In Process, Its been slow due to the sheer number of them

I mightve been broguth up on the Original GB and every other GB,I choose my PSP, it can play my music, view my photos, watch some movies and surf the web! and ever since it was modded it's over 10X better. I dont really see the appeal of the DS :| Oh LOOK its MARIO, pfft watever. Been Their, Done that :roll:

DS + Decent flashcart + Moonshell + homebrew can do that as well. The only difference is a better web browser because of the specs of the PSP. I chose the DS because I love the type of games it has. The Zelda and Mario series are classic IMO. I'm not a fanboy either. I've got a DS, Original Xbox, PS2, two PS1's a SNES and NES.

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference. And as mentioned before, what do you want more, graphics or gameplay. But anyways, I've never played the PSP so I can't really say I like that better but from what I've heard the PSP and DS are both good.

Avatar by Unoalexi :: Signature by Skull_Emblem

Illumination Graphics :: Click here to download the BeyondGFX resource pack!

beyondgfx.png

Jason321.png