Barbarian village Fishing...

slaytanicc

Trout and Salmon are great exp to begin with (cooking wise) but there not worth the hassle.

The only real use for fly fishing is fast exp, so bank/drop and fish again.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Okay so im raisning my fishing and cooking this way, but whay does it seem so slow? I only get 1.2k exp per Load of fish and 1.6k exp when i cook them.... Is this normal?

The fishing level does not affect the number of trout and salmon you catch but the speed if that's what you are asking.

I am 70 fishing myself but I allways catch salmon and trout on same ratio.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Okay so im raisning my fishing and cooking this way, but whay does it seem so slow? I only get 1.2k exp per Load of fish and 1.6k exp when i cook them.... Is this normal?

The fishing level does not affect the number of trout and salmon you catch but the speed if that's what you are asking.

I am 70 fishing myself but I allways catch salmon and trout on same ratio.

well what im trying to say is that i am only making about 15 - 17k exp a hour. It seems a bit slow for level 63.

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

dont cook salmon or trout waste of time. just drop them all, you should get 30k or so an hour id say

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Guys you should READ THE POST. He is BARBARIAN FISHING, not Fly Fishing.

That's definitely not normal, though. Look into your method, or better yet, post exactly what you are doing here. I'm much more than your numbers.

Guys you should READ THE POST. He is BARBARIAN FISHING, not Fly Fishing.

And you should READ THE TITLE. It clearly says barbarian village fishing.

Otherwise, that's about average for fish, but I suppose on the lower side.

You are fly fishing right? Using feathers and not bait? Salmon/trout and not pike?

But in any other case, what you're doing should be the most efficient F2P fishing method.

The reason you are getting so low Experience, is because you are fishing and then cooking. If you restrict yourself to just fishing, and then cooking later you will get more Experience per hour.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Your ftp, what did you expect? Flying through levels as if they were 30 seconds away from each other?

This is off topic. if you dont have anything to say about what i asked shut the hell up you moron....

gosh i hate noobs like you :evil:

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Thanx thats all i wanted to know. I just thought i was getting really slow exp, but now i see its normal. I dont think im going to drop the fish for faster Fishing EXP because that would mean im gonna have to buy fish to get to 80cooking. Il just continue the slow way till i reach 75 Fishing..

Does anyone know the amount of hours i need to play to reach 75 Fishing at my current rate?

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Your ftp, what did you expect? Flying through levels as if they were 30 seconds away from each other?

This is off topic. if you dont have anything to say about what i asked shut the hell up you moron....

Slay', he/she may be a bit arrogant, but you shouldn't flame him/her...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Slay', he/she may be a bit arrogant, but you shouldn't flame him/her...

True...I apologise

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Im not sure whether this is a tip or just some maths to boggle your brain.

I hate fishing. In f2p the best place to fish for xp is the barbarian village for trout/salmon which is not really close enough to Edgeville bank for banking purposes if you are only interested in levelling.

So the ideal solution has always seemed to me to cook the fish on site then drop. However I have recently noticed a sharp increase in the number of players dropping raws and so I did a little experiment last night to see why.

Previously if I fished then cooked then dropped I would gain approx 21k xp fishing per hour and 27k cooking xp per hour. This is tedious in the extreme when you are chasing 750k xp in fishing to next level (93) or 1 mill xp cooking (96) however it is free.

Last night I spent two hours fishing and dropping raws and gained 78k fishing and two hours cooking in GE raw lobsters that I bought and gained 228k cooking xp. The fishing rate is not stupendous but it is better than power mining coal and about the same as willow cutting so it gives hope that it is possible to get to 99. The cooking rate is unbelievable and I now intend to get my 99 cook in next week.

What of the cost versus time?

Let us assume you have the same levels as me ie 6 mill xp to get 99 fish and 3 mill xp to get 99 cook. At the old rates it would take 110 hours approx to get cooking to 99 by which time I would be 3.7 mill xp short on fish xp. Now I would fish and drop raw as no need to cook and this 3.7 mill would take a further 95 hours to do so total time = 205 hours.

The other method means I would need to cook 25000 lobsters which would take 27 hours and at 39k xp per hour fishing this would take a further 153 hours ie 180 hours in total. I have saved 25 hours.

The lobsters cost 343 each raw and sell for 258 cooked so 25000 would cost 8.575 mill and I would get 6.45 mill back = 2.125 mill.

However with the 25 hours saved I can now fight the beetle like things and earn 2 mill back so cost is nothing.

So in conclusion there comes a point where dropping raws is the best plan of action.

I copied this from a post I made elsewhere. Obviously prices have changed as it was originally written a couple of months ago. However the basic principle is still true.

Please also note that once per hour I return to GE to check my investments. This means that I make alot of extra cash by being able to react quickly to any updates. I also bring a full load of raw salmon to sell which pays for all my feathers.

Im not sure whether this is a tip or just some maths to boggle your brain.

I hate fishing. In f2p the best place to fish for xp is the barbarian village for trout/salmon which is not really close enough to Edgeville bank for banking purposes if you are only interested in levelling.

So the ideal solution has always seemed to me to cook the fish on site then drop. However I have recently noticed a sharp increase in the number of players dropping raws and so I did a little experiment last night to see why.

Previously if I fished then cooked then dropped I would gain approx 21k xp fishing per hour and 27k cooking xp per hour. This is tedious in the extreme when you are chasing 750k xp in fishing to next level (93) or 1 mill xp cooking (96) however it is free.

Last night I spent two hours fishing and dropping raws and gained 78k fishing and two hours cooking in GE raw lobsters that I bought and gained 228k cooking xp. The fishing rate is not stupendous but it is better than power mining coal and about the same as willow cutting so it gives hope that it is possible to get to 99. The cooking rate is unbelievable and I now intend to get my 99 cook in next week.

What of the cost versus time?

Let us assume you have the same levels as me ie 6 mill xp to get 99 fish and 3 mill xp to get 99 cook. At the old rates it would take 110 hours approx to get cooking to 99 by which time I would be 3.7 mill xp short on fish xp. Now I would fish and drop raw as no need to cook and this 3.7 mill would take a further 95 hours to do so total time = 205 hours.

The other method means I would need to cook 25000 lobsters which would take 27 hours and at 39k xp per hour fishing this would take a further 153 hours ie 180 hours in total. I have saved 25 hours.

The lobsters cost 343 each raw and sell for 258 cooked so 25000 would cost 8.575 mill and I would get 6.45 mill back = 2.125 mill.

However with the 25 hours saved I can now fight the beetle like things and earn 2 mill back so cost is nothing.

So in conclusion there comes a point where dropping raws is the best plan of action.

I copied this from a post I made elsewhere. Obviously prices have changed as it was originally written a couple of months ago. However the basic principle is still true.

Please also note that once per hour I return to GE to check my investments. This means that I make alot of extra cash by being able to react quickly to any updates. I also bring a full load of raw salmon to sell which pays for all my feathers.

In the end it took you just aslong to get the Fishing level and the Cooking level while breaking even. But what makes your way even more brilliant than it sounds at first, in 25hours i can gain another few mil exp for melee...so in the end i would have gained not only the fishing level and cooking level i widh, not only break even, but i would have gotten my Str level up aswell!!!

10/10 this is pure brilliance!

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png