Don't make me unleash the Noobs...

Ixindor

Ok, my girlfriend's two kids (ages 11 and 13) have just become members, and I am overwhelmed with their questions. So, I'm going to ask questions here and hopefully you all can help me help them. If not...I'll just sign them up with accounts and unleash them here. :twisted:

Anyway, I made my first Million working with Larryr back in the day. Then I went on to make even more Millions off of the Shades of Mort'ton Minigame. However, with the Trade Restrictions (killed Larryr's Business) and the Grand Exchange (killed the Fine Cloth Market), I'm forever stuck trying to figure out how to help them make money. Most of my methods of money making are high-end level stuff like Blue Dhide Crafting. These guys...well...they are nubs...not going to lie to you. They have...um...no ranked skills lol. One is a wearing full Addy and has 31 Mining and has done all the Free Quest but Dragon Slayer. The other is ready to wear Rune, but lacks the quest points to do Dragon Slayer (and only likes the fight). But BOTH are trying desperately to make some cash. So...

I submit to you...What ways of Money Making would you advise? Anything will be helpful. I got them to do Druidic Ritual and Wolf Whistle to unlock all their skills. And have them actively training Mining to 20, Crafting to 20 and Firemaking to 49 so they can get Tears of Guthix unlocked.

Please help...or face their questions...one at a time...as they bombard this forum.

Thanks guys!!! :thumbsup:

If not...I'll just sign them up with accounts and unleash them here. :twisted:

Please dont do this :ohnoes: im scared of kids....

Wel instead of 20 crafting, make them get 27, and then craft emerald rings, not oly good for exp, but good profit... ways of making money without using any experience would be running law runes or nature runes. tanning cowhides gets good money without experience...

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Lol, If they ask as many questions here as they do me... :shock: I will feel bad later, but it takes the pressure off me.

They have about 80k each coming into members. One is really REALLY wanting to do Construction, but I'm trying to deter him until he can make some more money. I got the fighter working on Slayer and quests so he can get Rune. As a side mission for the other one, since he already has 31 Mining, I'm going to try to get him to Mine Pure Ess. He is also a quester, so he will be ok for now. This is only going to tide them over for a short while (lol, until they realize how boring training is).

Is Flax Picking still a viable option?

Is Ranging Moss Giants still worth doing?

I want to get them into Full Rune, Full Green Dhide and Full Splitbark as soon as possible. This way they will have all their bases covered when it comes to their combat options. This will take a bit of money, and I wanted to get them a hand up.

Some easy ways to make money with no/few skills:

- Kill the cows that are north of lumbridge, near the gnome copters. Pick up hides, meat, and bones, and dump into the bank deposite boxes right beside there. Last time I checked its almost 300gp per cow.

- Mine pure essence

- Pick flax

- Spin flax

- Mine iron

- Dance for money

quit

I would have them mine pure essense to start

takes 30 mining I think

Hmm, that's it? Well, I am unsatisfied. I'm getting off work in an hour. And signing them up as soon as I get home (while I try to hide and play the game in peace).

Sorry guys... :?

:evil:

Pick flax maybe?

Crap clicked quote instead of edit...

26,974th person to get 85 mining on September 20th, 2008

Try Ferion, it only takes a few minutes per day; you can play it while mining.

oh teh n03s!!!!!!!

APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!

Best way to get crafting up: Buy flax/pick it, and craft into bowstrings and sell. You make like 140 each bowstring.

Best way to get firemaking up: Burn logs

Best way to get mining up: Mine rune essence on f2p worlds.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

There are some pathetic questions here, lol.

Tell them to train stats first, then make money. They can always money, but...

Mining coal gives alot less than iron.

Fishing sharks is stupid.

Magics are stupid.

They can always train their combat. Train their stats, kill chaos druids, or whatever noobs do nowadays... Stats>money. Money comes naturally as you raise stats.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Stats>money. Money comes naturally as you raise stats.

Very much agree

Thieving = Thieve H.A.M for clues (better if they can do the H.A.M storage), thieve master farmer

Agility = Agility Arena trade in the tickets for snaps

Crafting= Tan Dragon Hides, Spin flax in lumby Pick flax too Also purfying scared oil might works too?

Mining= Mine Pure Ess (Doing GOP for pure ess works too), Mine gold, Mine Iron

Hunting= Ruby Harvest (I'm not sure whether Jagex fix it or not, but when catching them, it is alot easier to stand in the same square with the ruby harvest, just camp on one), Polar Kebbit fur, Raw Bird, maybe even kebbits (the [bleep]es use for range)

Woodcut= Cut oak logs, convert them into planks and sell to the G.E

Fishing= Trawler or sell another raw fish to the exchange, I suggest catherby as there is a farm patch nearby.

Cooking= Brew beers and give them a calculat keq to contain them, mature beers does sell at the G.E

Combat= Kill green dragon, Hally Blue dragon, Kill druids for herbs, Kill rock slug for swamp tar

NPC= Zaff to buy the daily battle staff

Ahriem(sp) [catherby guy] to buy the daily seaweed and pineapples from him.

That's all I can think of atm, it will be better if you post their stats up...

Solisticez.png

Anything that drops herbs is decent money. You could put them to use slayer, kill white knights or kill cockroaches. Of course it's not as fast money as killing dragons or other more high-end monsters, but they have to start somewhere, don't they? I can provide many ideas on monsters they could kill that are suitable for medium level players. :)

It's nice to see how your children enjoys the game with such enthusiasm, haha! ;)

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif