Sell Or Smith?

slaytanicc

On my way to getting my Mining to 60, i made about 500 mithril bars and i was wondering wether i should smith them, or sell them and buy steel bars and smith them. ( i could always buy the ores and smelt and them smith). Im looking for whatever would give the best exp. Any Help?

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

At your smithing level, you won't be getting much experience from smithing Mithril Axes and the like. Sell them, buy iron bars and proceed to make iron plates is the best viable option. Keep the iron plates as junk currency or stick 'em onto the GE and hope a summoner buys them.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

At your smithing level, you won't be getting much experience from smithing Mithril Axes and the like. Sell them, buy iron bars and proceed to make iron plates is the best viable option. Keep the iron plates as junk currency or stick 'em onto the GE and hope a summoner buys them.

Thank you very much \'

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

The exp you get depends on the bar type, not the item you make.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

On my way to getting my Mining to 60, i made about 500 mithril bars and i was wondering wether i should smith them, or sell them and buy steel bars and smith them. ( i could always buy the ores and smelt and them smith). Im looking for whatever would give the best exp. Any Help?

Get 53 smithing using iron bars and make all of those bars into mithril bolts. Feather them and enchant emerald tips on them. Sell for 200 gp ea. That would be 500k total there.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Gremmy is right, the Exp depens on the bar, not on the item.

depends if you want money or smith exp and little money...

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Sell the mithril bars if you want some profit, unless someone can think of a mithril item which is worth more than 1k cash and made of a single bar.

And maybe you should try to test both methods (smelt only and smelt then smith) to see which one is the fastest, because it's not all about which item gives the most experience.

Example:

Why do people cut willows instead of yews? Because it's better experience.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

----SMITH THEM

If you do it bit by bit, you will get 88 smithing (Adamant Platebodies), and then you will earn heaps cash.

It's long way yeah, but if you do small work you will get there eventually. :)

Umm addy plates lose money.

26,974th person to get 85 mining on September 20th, 2008

Try Ferion, it only takes a few minutes per day; you can play it while mining.