Pking is bad but low-risk PvPs are cool

beethoven31

Say someone is trying to do something important but then gets k0ed over and over again and can't finish what he wants to and then other people like skillers/newcomers who'd be easy targets for higher leveled bullies (unless there's a level cap) but I'm sure other people would just stay in normal worlds then.

This is where I disagree.

I have a feeling you have referred to the old Wilderness too, so I'll reply to both scenarios.

Wilderness - While carrying out Treasure Trails, Skilling and Questing in the Wilderness may have been irritating a lot of people due to a lot of pkers just killing them without a reason, what they fail to see is that pkers were supposed to do that.

Eventually, Pking was designed as a duel between two opponents, where the person higher in either skill, logic or plain luck defeats his opponent. One person wins, one loses. Seeing that players started attacking people who didn't intend to PK in the Wilderness is why Jagex added Rune Rocks, KBD [at that time a formidable opponent], Wilderness Agility and several clues that make you trespass through the dreary Wilderness. You see, if there wasn't this added element of getting killed in a matter of 20 seconds, why on earth would some of the better methods/resources be placed in the WIlderness?

And lets see, to a Pker, he views all players in the Wilderness as carrying something valuable. He won't know you were with an empty inventory until he had killed you. Killing Abyss pkers got them Glories if they were lucky, killing Rune ore miners got them Rune ores (which used to be 10k+) and killing players training Agility meant a little extra food.

PvP Worlds - Here it gets a little ridiculous. I've read people complaining of "bullying noobs" who kill off people who are skilling. Firstly, if you are on a PvP world, your ASKING to be pked. You have 130 odd safe worlds to do your particular work, and if you choose a PvP world out of all of them and get killed, is that a reason to complain?

Of course, there are Brawling Gloves that only work on PvP worlds, but its superb amount of extra xp is worth the risk. After all, no pain, no gain?

Note: I had/have never killed a player who has been skilling or otherwise in the old Wilderness and the new PvP worlds, but I don't see those deeds as a crime.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

Lord_Shalaj,

you have a good point about that there, but my belief is that whenever PvP is around, people start to abuse it. Hypothetically saying, "if" all worlds were PvP, then things would be utter chaos. Well, thank god that was not the case though.

The reason for all the rant is that I was a victim of a pker and can still be a potential victim of them. However, I will steer clear away of those worlds or any activity that has high risk.

Then don't expect, just watch. If you open a can of worms, but don't like what you see, remember, your still the one that opened it. Any hot-button issue will usually bring about a myriad of opinions.

In my opinion, PvP worlds ruined the wild on non-pvp worlds. The return of pvp motivated the return of the teleport block spell, a new personal favorite for revs. So even though I'm not big on pvp worlds and don't really go to them, I can still be a victim because now it's even harder to survive a rev attack in deep wilderness. Which I found to be an unbearable pain whilst trying to get my ghostly robes. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just spell book teleports, but it includes jewelery and levers as well.

Revs have always teleblocked. Always.

I'm an ex pker, but the pking worlds aren't anything to be proud of. IMO they need to release 2 or 3 extra worlds, pvp everywhere, but safe. Somehow being able to carry on everything you could do in a regular world, plus the ability to kill off spawn stealers/half killers/whatever and sending them from my training spot to lumb seems to be infinitely more fun.

Might just be the fact that I've probably logged into RS for around 3 hours in the past week and whenever I get time I usually log into another game with open, safe, pvp everywhere. PvP for the sake of PvP is better than PvP for the sake of GPs, largely because the risk of items lures a bunch of cheeseball wannabes with protect prayers and one items into the pvp worlds.

It would be difficult to moderate this privilege. For example, player A is fighting player B. Both are in the multicombat wild. Revs crash the duel. In that case, does the dead player(s) lose(s) his items? Too hard to tell. Second, players could also use the dueling system ot circumvent extremely strong monsters if monster were programed then on to not attack dueling players. These are only a few flaws in the free-for-all-no-risk in all worlds.

Man, I seriously hope you never design things for a living if you give up on stuff that easily.

Off the top of my head, they could code it so if you've taken any damage whatsoever from a player in the last 2 minutes you keep your items even if killed by a monster. And that's ignoring the fact that on our current pvp worlds there are no revs, since the constant risk of attack by players replaces them. I mean seriously, if Jagex spent some time, heck if I spent some time testing and working on something like this I could work most of the kinks out pretty quickly.

But that's one issue. You said this was just one, what are the rest?

I'm more leaning to the fact of the players' "Ok, which damage is that?" I've lost items in a pvp world on another mmorpg solely because I was flagged for pvp and got piled by an npc during the fight. I'm speaking from experience, but granted that company sucked pathetically in terms of customer service (worse than Jagex's) and item mall honesty.

I probably have bad experiences :boohoo:

But here's another example:

Player A has 100 hp. Player B inflicts 99 damage on them. Player A heals 99 hp. Player B resumes another 99 damage. Therefore, player B has technically done 198 damage. Even if an npc killed Player A at full hp, the player would not lose his or her items.

A good idea to not even worry about who loses items is have 2-3 worlds for p2p that are no-item-loss worlds and pvp anywhere. This would allow practice for clans wanting to do Corporal Beast as well as experiment in pvp with spells/weapon attacks. Free potions, runes, arrows, and food. The catch is that you gain no drops, experience, and all items gained are returned to a stall. In other words, these new worlds would be separate from the others in items. They would pretty much be considered "legit" private servers run by Jagex.

That would work, no loss no gain, pretty much a test server to see if you can kill a boss dude. I like that idea! =D>

Luigisig.png

Well, if your freind are in a PvP world, they're probably PKing, and you dont actually need to "hangout" with them over a game, just Clan Chat with them or somthing.

PvP worlds were brought in to appease the whiners.

I see your point but i dont think theres any strong backup to it.

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD