How should I Start Barrows

OmidSan

What stats should i get and what items should i get to start barrows?

My stats are in sig and i only have 1.2m in bank cause i spent about 1.6m on some members junk.

Im getting 70 range right now 55 slayer and higher str and 70 def.

Im also doin mm soon for d scim.

Thanks

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

full mystic, air staff,use windwave, works fine. Also you may want to use addy bolts (e) on ahrims with rune c'bow. bring about 5 prayer pots, and 10 sharks, if you are unsure about how many you need. Those should suffice. (dont forget spade!!!)

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

More than the higher strength I would get the defence up ASAP, you will need decent armour to do barrows since rune just doesnt cut it anymore. I would suggest getting torags, its relatively cheap and also has a good defence, I would get a rune defender as well if you dont already have one.

Oo.. what about sapphire or emerald bolts? do they work well too? Because i could make more bolts with those.

Don't use slayer dart, stick the wave spells, since blood runes are cheaper than death runes, and there's no need to level up any more since you already have the requirements to use wind wave.

All the brothers can be maged easily except for Ahrim, which is easy to kill with emerald bolts even at my ranged level.

You don't really need to wear mystic robes since the brothers have such horrible magic defence anyway.

If you do what I do, you won't even need prayer potions. Wear monk robes and pray against Dharok and Karil while maging them, wear Torag plate and legs against all the others and mage them, and range Ahrim with emerald bolts.

At around 50 prayer, you should have enough to beat Dharok and Karil before you run out of prayer. I use 10-15 monks per trip, no need for prayer pots UNLESS Karil or Dharok is your tunnel brother.

Air_Dragon15.png

Oo.. what about sapphire or emerald bolts? do they work well too? Because i could make more bolts with those.

Don't use slayer dart, stick the wave spells, since blood runes are cheaper than death runes, and there's no need to level up any more since you already have the requirements to use wind wave.

All the brothers can be maged easily except for Ahrim, which is easy to kill with emerald bolts even at my ranged level.

You don't really need to wear mystic robes since the brothers have such horrible magic defence anyway.

If you do what I do, you won't even need prayer potions. Wear monk robes and pray against Dharok and Karil while maging them, wear Torag plate and legs against all the others and mage them, and range Ahrim with emerald bolts.

At around 50 prayer, you should have enough to beat Dharok and Karil before you run out of prayer. I use 10-15 monks per trip, no need for prayer pots UNLESS Karil or Dharok is your tunnel brother.

How are deaths more expensive?

and im not 70 def yet

and i cant get monks cause i cant do swan song yet..

So should i get 70 def, do swan song too?

And I think i need toget at least like 2-3m to start barrows so i have enough supplies so i can do runs straight for like a week.

Need to find some moneymaking guides

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

Death runes are currently 294gp, while bloods are only 275 a pop.

You don't think you need to have done Swan Song to eat monks, you only need to do that if you want to catch your own monks. Getting 70 Defence is a *very* good idea.

As for the start up, you'll won't really need that much. You'll use about 80-100 bloods, which doesn't even come up to 30k. Monks robes are easy to get, all you got to worry about now is getting 70 Defence and enough to buy Torag's plate and legs.

Air_Dragon15.png

Death runes are currently 294gp, while bloods are only 275 a pop.

You don't think you need to have done Swan Song to eat monks, you only need to do that if you want to catch your own monks. Getting 70 Defence is a *very* good idea.

As for the start up, you'll won't really need that much. You'll use about 80-100 bloods, which doesn't even come up to 30k. Monks robes are easy to get, all you got to worry about now is getting 70 Defence and enough to buy Torag's plate and legs.

Why monk robes and not mystic?

I know but i want to fish them so i dont have to waste money buying them.

ill get 70 def after i make some money to buy a whip

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

Umm... maging Karil?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

you dont need the mage bonus from the mystic set, the prayer bonus from the monk robes will help more. you can easily mage karil, all brothers except ahrim have really horrible mage defence...

Wouldn't range/melee still be better? Mage is the least cost effective of the three combat styles. And I've always heard that you should wear full melee armor to tank the brothers. But that's probably just for high level players.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

tried it, with 75 75 att and str or 80+ range its WAY better to use air wave or slayer dart. If your 70 def just wear torags and use pray on dharok en karil only, if your lower you'll need to pray a lot more and the monk robes will be a better option.

ragingnewb.png

y not fire wave?

He said to use fire wave. You should read posts more carefully, though his was hard to follow.