Way to go canada!

mk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, i kinda edited the post, since I forgot i have to spell everything out for everybody. Can nobody think anymore?

Seems not.

Don't act like you're right all the time..

Well, do, if you want, but don't tell people who don't beleive what you beleive that they "can't think"..

By no way am i saying i'm right. I'm saying that people don't think anymore. He missed the connection between my post and the arguement. twice.....

Well if people are missing the difference then maybe you have to explain more. It wont hurt you to explain. What was I not getting? (if I was the "he" you were refrering to)

When i said that if you have a relationship with Christ you become more and more like him.....Meaning He wasn't a homosexual, so you wouldn't exactly becoming more and more like Him. Your reply "Your absolutely correct" that post seems like you're just saying "yes, that's a true statement" like i just said a fact out of the blue. And yes, i did explain it, but u quoted me 2 fast and missed the edit

I know, you do become like Jesus, but that doesnt mean you just become perfect and stop sinning.

Of course nobody is perfect, but when you surrender your life to Jesus, you have to change your lifestyle, with His help of course. Which is what my edit said.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

yea, i kinda edited the post, since I forgot i have to spell everything out for everybody. Can nobody think anymore?

Seems not.

Well, do, if you want, but don't tell people who don't beleive what you beleive that they "can't think"..

By no way am i saying i'm right. I'm saying that people don't think anymore. He missed the connection between my post and the arguement. twice.....

Well if people are missing the difference then maybe you have to explain more. It wont hurt you to explain. What was I not getting? (if I was the "he" you were refrering to)

When i said that if you have a relationship with Christ you become more and more like him.....Meaning He wasn't a homosexual, so you wouldn't exactly becoming more and more like Him. Your reply "Your absolutely correct" that post seems like you're just saying "yes, that's a true statement" like i just said a fact out of the blue. And yes, i did explain it, but u quoted me 2 fast and missed the edit

I know, you do become like Jesus, but that doesnt mean you just become perfect and stop sinning.

Of course nobody is perfect, but when you surrender your life to Jesus, you have to change your lifestyle, with His help of course. Which is what my edit said.

Yea, I think that homosexuals should try to change their life style if they want to have a personal relationship with Jesus. But as long as they know that their lifesyle isnt right, and they make an attempt to change it for Jesus I think they can be born-again.

BTW I like your sig :wink:

lope6jw0.jpg

Seems not.

Yea, I think that homosexuals should try to change their life style if they want to have a personal relationship with Jesus. But as long as they know that their lifesyle isnt right, and they make an attempt to change it for Jesus I think they can be born-again.

BTW I like your sig :wink:

Now that I can agree with u there. If they try to change, they can have a personal relationship with Jesus.

Thanks for your compliment. :D

clbqf5.jpg

gehjl, when Hannibal said the bible can be interpreted in many ways, he means interpreted from it's original language. As in, you can interpret the version you have in many ways, but that's not exactly what God said. The only way to know exactly what God said is to talk to him, which you obviously can't do. So saying that the bible is a set of rules and you should follow it directly is kind of silly, because, for all you know, you could be contradicting what god said because of a mistranslation.

IRKAa.jpg

I kno it's more of a tradition to have kids after you're married, but if you go back about 100 years, you'll see that it was more of a rule then. This past decade, sex before marriage really skyrocketed. (which is y i wish i still had my quote in my sig, but mods took off -_-) basically, 97% of high skool students have had sex before graduation, 3% wait till marriage. Yes, there's more to marriage than just intercourse, but the issue at hand is intercourse. Reasons why it was made for marriage: 1) It could result in a child beaing conceived (sp?) and a lot of teenagers aren't ready for it and adults also, they don't want to have a child to take care of. 2) Reason why STD's have skyrocketed, too much sex before marriage.

But none of this explains the link between kids and a homosexual marriage. Even if it was a rule in the past to be married to have kids, the reverse has never been true: you were never forced to have kids after getting married. Kids are but one aspect of marriage. How can you post homosexuals shouldn't get married because they can't have kids ? That's just one aspect of marriage that applies to heterosexuals. What about all the other reasons ? Why deprive them from that just because they can't reproduce ? That's what gets me here...

EDIT: Oh almost forgot. Spain just followed Canada.

I kno it's more of a tradition to have kids after you're married, but if you go back about 100 years, you'll see that it was more of a rule then. This past decade, sex before marriage really skyrocketed. (which is y i wish i still had my quote in my sig, but mods took off -_-) basically, 97% of high skool students have had sex before graduation, 3% wait till marriage. Yes, there's more to marriage than just intercourse, but the issue at hand is intercourse. Reasons why it was made for marriage: 1) It could result in a child beaing conceived (sp?) and a lot of teenagers aren't ready for it and adults also, they don't want to have a child to take care of. 2) Reason why STD's have skyrocketed, too much sex before marriage.

But none of this explains the link between kids and a homosexual marriage. Even if it was a rule in the past to be married to have kids, the reverse has never been true: you were never forced to have kids after getting married. Kids are but one aspect of marriage. How can you post homosexuals shouldn't get married because they can't have kids ? That's just one aspect of marriage that applies to heterosexuals. What about all the other reasons ? Why deprive them from that just because they can't reproduce ? That's what gets me here...

EDIT: Oh almost forgot. Spain just followed Canada.

Actually that does explain the link between kids and a homosexual marriage. They can't have them naturally, but i know that's not the point of your post. The world would not exist without reproduction. Two men can not reproduce, and neither can two women, which would only lead us to believe the reproduction is a natural process between a man and a woman, therefore, it is unnatural for a man to be with another man, and a woman to be with another woman. Reproduction can be seen with any species of animals on the planet, except maybe some snails and a few types of frogs, which happen to be asexual, I believe.

clbqf5.jpg

Actually that does explain the link between kids and a homosexual marriage. They can't have them naturally, but i know that's not the point of your post. The world would not exist without reproduction. Two men can not reproduce, and neither can two women, which would only lead us to believe the reproduction is a natural process between a man and a woman, therefore,

I'm with you so far.

it is unnatural for a man to be with another man, and a woman to be with another woman.

Now I'm not. From not being able to reproduce, you jump to "unnatural relation". Wrong. The logical conclusion was: "it is impossible for 2 men to reproduce". Never in the rest of the quote have you addressed any other element of a homosexual relationship besides kids. And there's more to it that that. Just like there's more to marriage than that.

Actually that does explain the link between kids and a homosexual marriage. They can't have them naturally, but i know that's not the point of your post. The world would not exist without reproduction. Two men can not reproduce, and neither can two women, which would only lead us to believe the reproduction is a natural process between a man and a woman, therefore, it is unnatural for a man to be with another man, and a woman to be with another woman. Reproduction can be seen with any species of animals on the planet, except maybe some snails and a few types of frogs, which happen to be asexual, I believe.
whether they can marry or not, they still arent going to be straight unless they are "bi"

Actually that does explain the link between kids and a homosexual marriage. They can't have them naturally, but i know that's not the point of your post. The world would not exist without reproduction. Two men can not reproduce, and neither can two women, which would only lead us to believe the reproduction is a natural process between a man and a woman, therefore,

I'm with you so far.

it is unnatural for a man to be with another man, and a woman to be with another woman.

Now I'm not. From not being able to reproduce, you jump to "unnatural relation". Wrong. The logical conclusion was: "it is impossible for 2 men to reproduce". Never in the rest of the quote have you addressed any other element of a homosexual relationship besides kids. And there's more to it that that. Just like there's more to marriage than that.

The reason it says that is "lead us to believe the reproduction is a natural process between a man and a woman, therefore". That says the natural way of reproduction.

Then "it is unnatural for a man to be with another man, and a woman to be with another woman." The reason it says it's unnatural, it's because the statement before it stated the natural.

Yes, i kno i mostly focus on the reproduction part mostly, because that's the only point of a homosexual relationship that somebody can argue without bringing the Bible into play. Homosexuality is an ethical arguement, and that's the only part I can argue without the Bible. Other than that, i have no proof to debate the other parts of the relationships. And as a friend taught me, never state something you can't back up.

clbqf5.jpg

Yes, i kno i mostly focus on the reproduction part mostly, because that's the only point of a homosexual relationship that somebody can argue without bringing the Bible into play. Homosexuality is an ethical arguement, and that's the only part I can argue without the Bible. Other than that, i have no proof to debate the other parts of the relationships. And as a friend taught me, never state something you can't back up.

Well at least you're not narrow-minded and you can post something like the above. That's refreshing. :) And that saves me the trouble of demonstrating it, which I was expecting to come next. ;)

But doesn't that simply mean that you, and you only, disagree with the principle of a homosexual relationship ? Which is fine, by the way. But can you generalize that to the point of saying that homosexuals shouldn't get married ? I disagree. Plus a gouvernment, which gave them that right, is supposed to keep things fair between all and is supposed to be detached from religion (at least in the countries mentioned). So I don't really see where the issue is then. Bear in mind, I'm married and the idea of a homosexual relationship doesn't appeal to me at all, but I am not against them marrying. What would you say to a homosexual who doesn't believe in God and is not interested in kids ? Kinda hard to justify to them that they can't be married simply because you don't like the idea of such a relationship.

I'm simply saying that some will always disagree with that, while others wil agree. It's human nature anyway, no matter the subject. At the end of the day, we should go beyond our personal feelings to determine what's right or wrong. I can conceive the idea of love with a woman (very much a marriage decision), so I can conceive the same for homosexuals, even if it's not something I like. Hope that explains where I was getting at.

I'm with you so far.

I think that you can conclude that it is unnatural. Animals reproduce with one femal and one male. And animals only act on what is natural and instinct to them. Humans are obviously not like animals of course but there a lot of animal characteristics and human characteristics that we can conclude are natural. Such as the will to survive, every animals goal is to survive, and the same is true with humans. I think we can look at animals to find out what is natural when it comes to reproduction.

lope6jw0.jpg

I think that you can conclude that it is unnatural. Animals reproduce with one femal and one male. And animals only act on what is natural and instinct to them. Humans are obviously not like animals of course but there a lot of animal characteristics and human characteristics that we can conclude are natural. Such as the will to survive, every animals goal is to survive, and the same is true with humans. I think we can look at animals to find out what is natural when it comes to reproduction.

You missed the point. I never said there was any other natural way. :shock:

I was arguing that there is more to marriage than kids, and we're past that already.

Okay then, we'll look to the animals.. Whoa! There are homosexual & bisexual animals in most every species. Lots of them. I guess that also debunks the theory that homosexuality exists because "god gave man free will". Unless by "man" people mean "everything".

I think we can look at animals to find out what is natural when it comes to reproduction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4264913.stm

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

gehjl, simply because they cannot reproduce shouldn't keep them from being married. Whether they're married or not they're still not going to reproduce. They're also not going to turn straight just so they can be married.

So..what's the point?

IRKAa.jpg

gehjl, simply because they cannot reproduce shouldn't keep them from being married. Whether they're married or not they're still not going to reproduce. They're also not going to turn straight just so they can be married.

So..what's the point?

Um...yea, we already kind of finished that point of the arguement. But i'll repeat myself for the lazy people. Reproduction is the only arguement I have against homosexuality without bringing the Bible and Christianity into the arguement.

clbqf5.jpg

What about evolution? Wouldn't homosexuality contradict evolution?

Like sure, some animals may be "homosexual"... but in the long run, wouldn't it certainly destroy a species?

summerpngwy6.jpg

Like sure, some animals may be "homosexual"... but in the long run, wouldn't it certainly destroy a species?

If the entire species becomes homosexual, sure, but just because gay marriage is allowed doesn't mean every human being is going to become homosexual.

IRKAa.jpg

If the entire species becomes homosexual, sure, but just because * marriage is allowed doesn't mean every human being is going to become homosexual.

In evolution, aren't the strongest animals those which are best suited to their enviroment and best able to reproduce? If so, then I don't see why homosexuality should be encouraged by changing laws to suit it. Since homosexual behaviour cannot yield offspring, it would make since that, because of natural selection, individuals with homosexual tendancies would die off sooner or later. If it doesn't help the species advance, why encourage it?

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

If the entire species becomes homosexual, sure, but just because * marriage is allowed doesn't mean every human being is going to become homosexual.

No but it certainly isn't benefitting the species which violates evolutionary Laws (or theories).

summerpngwy6.jpg