Ranging Advice

OmidSan

As usual it really depends on how much you're willing to spend.

Yaks and knives were rather big before I went on hiatus, but there really is nothing wrong with what you're doing now since you're raising slayer with ranging anyway, and you'll probably get just as bored killing the same weak thing then w/e slayer monster is assigned to you anyway.

Sc.png

rune xbow + emerald bolts maybe... idk if you never been now is as good of a time if any, or you can just burthrope it and take a hit to slayer points.

If you want to save that till you get a higher ranging level (which i wouldn't blame you if you did) I think yaks or ogres will be fine, but i got to 70 range with slayer tasks and then to 80 with dust devils and the occasional slayer task (never got a chain if you wonder).

Sc.png

Knives at Caged Ogres/Yaks

Shortbow + bronze arrows at ankou

Bronze arrows? Mith would be a better option. Or even addy, as ankous drop plenty of them.

You should only use cheap ammunition at places where you won't get much drops. In many cases (fire giants, etc.) using better ammo is actually more cost effective than cheap ammo.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

rune xbow + emerald bolts maybe... idk if you never been now is as good of a time if any, or you can just burthrope it and take a hit to slayer points.

If you want to save that till you get a higher ranging level (which i wouldn't blame you if you did) I think yaks or ogres will be fine, but i got to 70 range with slayer tasks and then to 80 with dust devils and the occasional slayer task (never got a chain if you wonder).

ya i wasted about 250k i think for only 2 levels lol...

Im gonna make emerald bolts and use em on my 48 iron drag task

Knives at Caged Ogres/Yaks

Shortbow + bronze arrows at ankou

Bronze arrows? Mith would be a better option. Or even addy, as ankous drop plenty of them.

You should only use cheap ammunition at places where you won't get much drops. In many cases (fire giants, etc.) using better ammo is actually more cost effective than cheap ammo.

I sold everything but iron arrows :P. for a whip

But i have knives and bolts so ill use those till i make some money off my task or ankous then ill probably buy some arrows.

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

I would slay until you are 55 slayer so you can use broads, as they are very powerful, then kill spiders in stronghold for quick training at minimal cost or fires/aviansies for still relatively quick training a nice or really nice gain.

The broad bolts are worth it very much, I would never go a day without them.

Oh, and rune crossbow>Mage short. Always. Ignore the slow speed, the huge accuracy and power pwns anything.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I would slay until you are 55 slayer so you can use broads, as they are very powerful, then kill spiders in stronghold for quick training at minimal cost or fires/aviansies for still relatively quick training a nice or really nice gain.

The broad bolts are worth it very much, I would never go a day without them.

Oh, and rune crossbow>Mage short. Always. Ignore the slow speed, the huge accuracy and power pwns anything.

Im doing slayer right now and i sold all my arrows but iron =P Guess i did good.

48 iron drag task and im gonna emerald bolt them i think.

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png