Revive: Not just a fantasy game spell?

BlueLancer

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15 ... 62,00.html

SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.

US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.

Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock.

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre.

However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,

But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.

Tests show they [dogs] are perfectly normal, with no brain damage.

"The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.

Any comments on that? I think we are advancing. Some people get hit by a car and call it 'destiny' and 'it was meant to happen'.

But then again people 500 years ago called plague 'destiny' because they couldn't cure plague. Now humans seem to be on the brink of finding cure to many 'unnatural' causes of death, such as death on the battlefield.

This could stir up a huge conflict of ethics and ideologies and quite honestly create a lot of chaos especially amongst the older population who has already seen too much advancement during their lifetimes, this could be a bit too much for them.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.

US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.

Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock.

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre.

However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,

But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.

Tests show they [dogs] are perfectly normal, with no brain damage.

"The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.

Any comments on that? I think we are advancing. Some people get hit by a car and call it 'destiny' and 'it was meant to happen'.

But then again people 500 years ago called plague 'destiny' because they couldn't cure plague. Now humans seem to be on the brink of finding cure to many 'unnatural' causes of death, such as death on the battlefield.

This could stir up a huge conflict of ethics and ideologies and quite honestly create a lot of chaos especially amongst the older population who has already seen too much advancement during their lifetimes, this could be a bit too much for them.

:lol: you just reminded me of a comment on the /. story about that...

something along the lines of "How do you tell if dogs are perfectly normal? They still eat their own ****"

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Intresting. Would be intresting to see what people that think theyre going to heaven or rebirth after theyre dead think about this. Or maybe it's true, people go to heaven and then when he is revived, he comes back to earth? Now thats what I would call funny. :P

And in 200 years people will be immortal.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

And in 200 years people will be immortal.

if that happens, lets hope we've found another planet or something, since overpopulation would be a rather large preoblem if no1 died. :wink:

ShadowSam19.png

Eh I wouldn't want to be...re-animated. Death is death and should be left at that as far as I'm concerned. There'd have to be some kind of new DNR paper for this if it ever happens, like, DNR/R+.

ims tarting to think this sight may have either bad bad sources and arnt telling the full truth, or they are not telling the truth at all...

Look at this article...

Police free killer cow from jail

June 30, 2005

Advertisement:

NIGERIAN police have released a cow which they had arrested after it trampled a bus driver to death, but have charged the animal's owner with criminal negligence.

"The cow has been released after its owner appeared. He has been charged in court with negligence and a dangerous act. He will need to prove his innocence in court," police spokesman Olubode Ojajuni said.

Officers announced the "arrest" of the cow earlier this month after it gored and battered a bus driver who had stopped to urinate by the side of the road.

It was detained for several days at the Trade Fair police station in the Ojo district of Lagos, a sprawling port and commercial centre and Africa's biggest city, while police investigated.

Many thousands of cows, donkeys, goats, chicken and dogs are allowed to freely roam streets in Nigeria as a law against the uncontrolled movement of animals is rarely enforced.

In May, 25 people were killed when a truck carrying traders to market swerved to avoid a cow and ploughed into a crowded cross-country bus.

This is kinda way too odd..

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

if scientists were allowed, they could make almost anything you can imagine.

they can give humans 4 arms

or 4 eyes

the only reason they cant is because religous people dont want us 'fiddling with gods designs'.