Timing your eating, specs and blitzes/vengeance on PvP

bedman

I've recently been lvling mage and ranged and I'm nearly 99 in these 2. After that, I was planning to start a bit of pking/dueling/cwarring/..., you know, use your hard earned skills. Anyway, I'm still a total noob in pking and I was wondering about a few things:

1) Can anybody explain me the exact timing for blitz + ... combo? I've tried doing this while bursting rock lobs (when I'd have one left, I'd try to blitz it and then burst for double hit), but it didn't work at all. Maybe it only works on other players, I wouldnt know. Also, does it work with every combat style? I've seen a double magic hit already, and from what I hear, blitz + dds spec is also very possible, and pretty ownage.

2) Another timing question: Eating without losing a combat round. When, with which food? And how did the sara brew-shark-pineapple pizza-combo work again? I'd like to have some detailed explanations on these :-).

3) Vengeance. How is this best used? If I cast it, will it kick in at the next attack, even if it is a zero (+ it's only for one attack, right?). I've heard about people using vengeance, spellbookswap, blitz, vengeance, dds combo's, or something like that. Can anybody explain me the timing, if it works.

If you have any more tips, or interesting info on those, I'm always glad to hear it.

+ one more questiong, that hasnt got anything to do with the previous ones: On what should I use my penguin pts? Check my stats below. I'm 1k till 85 slayer (so Jade vine and Bork will take care of 85), and I'm planning to keep it there, so that obvious option is out. As you can see, I like rounded stats :-).

Alrighty, this is right up my alley - I've been trying out combos in the fight pits for ages (see aviator for one of my decent ones, I usually miss the screenies...)

Two quick answers: Yes, it is possible to deal over 99 damage in one hit, and yes, combos general takes some practice. No, you don't have to have a low lag connection to do these successfully - you just have to know how much you lag, and adjust everything accordingly.

1) Can anybody explain me the exact timing for blitz + ... combo? I've tried doing this while bursting rock lobs (when I'd have one left, I'd try to blitz it and then burst for double hit), but it didn't work at all. Maybe it only works on other players, I wouldnt know.

The combo is ice blitz + shadow barrage. The farther away you are from the player the better; around 6-7 squares is ideal. Ice blitz has a huge delay between the casting and the hitting, and it increases the farther away you are. Shadow barrage hits almost instantly, about halway through the 'bend-down-and-throw-up-arms' animation. So, if you are far enough away from the player to delay the ice blitz hit a little over 3 seconds, you can hit him with shadow barrage at the exact same time - freezing him and reducing his attack, plus dealing up to 50 damage. Mage's most effective KO shot. Muggi has some good screenshots + info on this one.

Also, does it work with every combat style? I've seen a double magic hit already, and from what I hear, blitz + dds spec is also very possible, and pretty ownage.

Yes, it most certainly is (avatar is an example). The best combo is blitz + dd++ spec. The key is to have ahrims on, with defender and DD++ in attack position with spec and piety turned on. Stand around 7 squares away from the victim, cast the blitz spell on him, and IMMEDIATELY after you cast it click on him to attack. You will finish casting the spell then 'glitch run' over to him and spec him the moment the spell hits - it's possible to beat the blitz hit if your fast. If you use spell swap and vengeance with this one, you can get even higher KOs; I had one case of comboing a level 118 where he ags specced me just as I hit for around 60, and with the vengeance and combo he was instantly killed. Unfortunately, if your timing is off, you will only see 2 hits on the screen, one from one of the dd++ specs and the other from the ice blitz. You will still hit it, and your opponent's HP will fall accordingly, but you can't see it.

2) Another timing question: Eating without losing a combat round. When, with which food? And how did the sara brew-shark-pineapple pizza-combo work again? I'd like to have some detailed explanations on these :-).

Eating without using a combat round. This addresses the basic timing difference between potions and food - food takes nearly .4 seconds longer to eat, making you lose a combat round. Potions, if drunk just as your weapon animation starts (as you raise your hand to draw your whip back, for example), may result in animation glitches, but you won't lose any combat rounds. This requires careful knowledge of your connection\computer lag - you have to know how soon before you hit to drink it. Practice makes perfect. Unfortunately, the potion-food glitch was removed almost a year ago, but you still have two options. The most popular one is sara brews, but this requires restore potions making it impractical for super set situations. That leaves the best food as cooked karambwan - the only eatable food that only takes a potion's time to eat! It heals 18 hp, and if eaten as you would a potion (just before you start to hit), you won't miss a single hit.

3) Vengeance. How is this best used? If I cast it, will it kick in at the next attack, even if it is a zero (+ it's only for one attack, right?). I've heard about people using vengeance, spellbookswap, blitz, vengeance, dds combo's, or something like that. Can anybody explain me the timing, if it works.

Vengance, the facts. If you cast it, it will kick at the first attack that hits you from a player or NPC that is attackable. It will reflect between 0 and 3/4ths the damage dealt by the players attack, usually in the 1/2-3/4ths range. It can only be casted every 30 seconds, but like most other lunar spells, this one does NOT delay combat. You can cast it at any time without delaying your hits. Unfortunately, if you are venged and your opponent hits a KO hit on you that kills you, you will do the 'Taste Vengance!' and lose your veng, but the damage will NOT reflect back on your opponent. It helps with combos, but spellbook swap takes 3 seconds a cast, wasting a full combat round. This makes it better for casting vengeance then spell swapping THEN initiating combat by attacking with a spell and casting vengeance again. Vengeance will last until you log out or do something that would reset your stats (winning a fight in the duel arena, for example). The only exception is when you heal and pray at the duel arena healers. Vengeance will give you a HUGE advantage in PVP. I love fight pits (1.5m tokul) and other combat minigames, and I always use vengeance. Frequently you can get 3-4 venges in per fight, and often half the damage the player hits you for will be reflected right back at him! It works wonders on AGS speccers too - the slower the weapon your opponent uses, the better.

Hope this helps, post any more questions you have and I'll try to get back.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Thanks for the answers Comp. I knew it would be either you, Muggi, or Soma to answer this. ;)

For the blitz + other spell combo, I've seen Muggi's GIF's, thats what inspired me, 26-28 is pretty awesome with magic. Now I know why it didnt work at rock lobs, thanks.

For blitz + dds, thanks for the in depth response, can't wait to try it out.

On the food issue, I'd swear I didn't loose a round if I timed to eat my monkfish at the right moment (right before animation), but that might be me... As for the karambwan, doesn't the first piece of a pizza also take less time than usual? I'm pretty sure I heard someone saying you could drink a brew, eat a shark and one part of a pizza, all in the time to eat one shark. And for just shark + brew (what I've heard from Soma2035), what was it again. First shark, then brew, or other way round? (to loose only one round of combat, yet eat one dose of brew and one shark). Can be handy in emergency situtations.

Just to make it clear, you agree that it's possible do to a 4-hit combo by casting vengeance, casting spell book swap, inititiating combat with blitz, do your dds spec, and if that's not enough, cast another vengeance for a fifth free hit, right?

I've got two extra questions too:

1) spell book swap: It's only for one spell right? After that you revert to lunar again, I assume.

2) Summoning scrolls. Using my unicorn scrolls delay me at all (just like any non combat scroll, I think), however, using my Boil scroll on my Gesyer Titan, I seem to loose a round. Is this correct, or am I just taking too much drugs?

thanks again for the detailed answers so far.

Thanks for the answers Comp. I knew it would be either you, Muggi, or Soma to answer this. ;)

Muggi isn't around much anymore, sadly.

On the food issue, I'd swear I didn't loose a round if I timed to eat my monkfish at the right moment (right before animation), but that might be me... As for the karambwan, doesn't the first piece of a pizza also take less time than usual? I'm pretty sure I heard someone saying you could drink a brew, eat a shark and one part of a pizza, all in the time to eat one shark. And for just shark + brew (what I've heard from Soma2035), what was it again. First shark, then brew, or other way round? (to loose only one round of combat, yet eat one dose of brew and one shark). Can be handy in emergency situtations.

No, I know monks take the usual time. I haven't heard about the first piece of pizza, but I'll try it - I don't think so though. As for the brew + shark thing, it used to be you could drink a potion and eat food in the same short timing without losing any time, but that was fixed.

Just to make it clear, you agree that it's possible do to a 4-hit combo by casting vengeance, casting spell book swap, inititiating combat with blitz, do your dds spec, and if that's not enough, cast another vengeance for a fifth free hit, right?

Yes, that's enough - another even more powerful combo is swapping a dark bow for the dd++, and void for the ahrims (although your magic bonus will be smaller). Combos of 26-48-48 are possible. Vengance is hard to time right, but say your opponent hit you for a 96 with DH as you hit him with d bow and blitz and you were wearing a recoil ring, you could (theoretically) hit 26+48+48+10+76 = 208 damage in a single hit. If you swapped a granite maul for the dark bow, you could get even higher with a 45-45-45, but a g maul doesn't work that well - too many zeros. Still some great combos, though.

1) spell book swap: It's only for one spell right? After that you revert to lunar again, I assume.

Yes, just one spell

2) Summoning scrolls. Using my unicorn scrolls delay me at all (just like any non combat scroll, I think), however, using my Boil scroll on my Gesyer Titan, I seem to loose a round. Is this correct, or am I just taking too much drugs?

Combat scrolls delay 1 round, all others don't.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Okay, about the monks, I wasnt referring to them in particular, just any food in general. But I guess I was wrong. (

The 208 damage is amazing :o. Imagine killing Jad in 2 combat rounds with this.

As for the combat scrolls, do they also take a round when they are cast automatically (with enchanted helm). If not, my titan's scrolls are pretty useless.

Okay, about the monks, I wasnt referring to them in particular, just any food in general. But I guess I was wrong. (

As for the combat scrolls, do they also take a round when they are cast automatically (with enchanted helm). If not, my titan's scrolls are pretty useless.

Nope, no loss of round when helms are used. It's their unique advantage. And for jad, if you go with a 99 veng (after sara brewed HP) and triple 45 from g maul and use miasmic barrage (possible if you use a macro for your dd++ spec), you can get:

32-45-45-45-74-10 = 251 damage, 1 hit KO. The_murder21, are you listening?

DeviledEgg24.png

Nope, no loss of round when helms are used. It's their unique advantage. And for jad, if you go with a 99 veng (after sara brewed HP) and triple 45 from g maul and use miasmic barrage (possible if you use a macro for your dd++ spec), you can get:

Lol, was also thinking about The_murder21. If anyone would pull it off, it's him. Man, if he really succeeds... You'd need A LOT of luck though. (4 hits of you have to be max, and Jad has to max too + good timing).

Lol, was also thinking about The_murder21. If anyone would pull it off, it's him. Man, if he really succeeds... You'd need A LOT of luck though. (4 hits of you have to be max, and Jad has to max too + good timing).

Yeah, that would just plain take too many tries. In non fight pits though, you could work some steel titan combos in - 24-24-24-24 = 96 damage (coincidence that his max is the highest possible under 99 hp? I think not) for 347 damage in a single shot - the chances are ridiculously low, though.

At the other two posters: The best spot to practice is clan wars. You have dozens of people ready to attack just standing around. And fishy, I see someone else reads failblog too :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

Been blitz + dds at fight pits and duel arena. I must say it's pretty cool if it works (been doing a lot of bad timings, forgetting spec etc...).

Best so far is a 23 24 32 (just combat potion) on a noob in duel arena: instant KO. He didnt expect anything :D.

I've recently been lvling mage and ranged and I'm nearly 99 in these 2. After that, I was planning to start a bit of pking/dueling/cwarring/..., you know, use your hard earned skills. Anyway, I'm still a total noob in pking and I was wondering about a few things:

1) start from a distance, like 5 spaces would be enough already, blitz target, run in a bit then burst or barrage

2) can't really help you with the pizzas, but i do know ifyou shark and instant click brew it'll heal you in 1 bait also, eat just after you hit, you only lose 1 round this way, if you ate later or before the attack you'd lose 2 rounds

3) vengeance, it will hit as soon as your target his your for I believe over a 2 or a 4, it won't hit back when you get hit 0, as for the veng, spellbook swap thingie, start of in bank or w/e, cast vengeance, wait about 20 seconds, then cast spellbook swap, look for a target, equip dds, put special on, blitz him, and spec, as soon as you get hit back you should veng

If you have any more tips, or interesting info on those, I'm always glad to hear it.

+ one more questiong, that hasnt got anything to do with the previous ones: On what should I use my penguin pts? Check my stats below. I'm 1k till 85 slayer (so Jade vine and Bork will take care of 85), and I'm planning to keep it there, so that obvious option is out. As you can see, I like rounded stats :-).

#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09

angel2w.gif

Well unfortunately, he quit on September 5th. I already have another plan, somewhat similar to this... but not quite :P Granite Maul would take about 100 times to get this... Have you ever seen the accuracy on it? Its just ew. But yeah, I've considered... Dark bow, double maul spec, veng, recoil... if you know what you're doing, that could be about a 5-10 second jad :P But you need insanely lucky hits... thats why I have a different plan :P

[hide=My Fast jad plan]lawl sike u cant have it :> You'll see when I do it :P[/hide]

Anyways.... Blitz comboing you have to be careful. Many people know they're being blitzed spec - it says "You have been frozen!" in the chat box and they instapray... and either way the chance of killing on blitz specs is really hard. But yes, ice blitz and shadow barrage tends to work very well. It works better the farther away you are, though. Thats why it doesn't really work with rock lobs.

Veng acts weirdly on players. It doesn't always do a 3/4ths damage hit... mainly on anything higher than like a 40. I've had a veng on a 76 hit only a 21 =[ But on monsters its always 3/4ths.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

The max you can hit with vengeance in pvp combat is the cutting point of y=0.75x and y=(hp)-x, in which x is the amount your opponent hits you for.

So the max veng can hit is 42 if you do not use sara brews.

Who's HP, the opponents or yours? And I'm guessing its based off their HP level, not their current HP?

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Say I have put on vengeance. I'm going to attack someone who has also cast vengeance. When I hit him, he uses his vengeance automaticly. Does my vengeance kick in on his vengeance then? (if he decides to not hit back).

Not really for concrete uses, but I was just wondering lol.

Wow the knowledge you guys have I amazing.

Anyone made a guide on this stuff?

I doubt it.

These methods were used by Magick stakers, and GOOD Pkers, they require practice and skill, even more then prayer switching to Jad. So picking up on them and using them efficiency is a talent and cannot be learned by reading. (Except being informed on what to do)

I suggest if you really want to become good, by a lot of barrages, blitz and go to castle wars and try on the people there.

~ Captainkidd

I doubt it.

These methods were used by Magick stakers, and GOOD Pkers, they require practice and skill, even more then prayer switching to Jad. So picking up on them and using them efficiency is a talent and cannot be learned by reading. (Except being informed on what to do)

I suggest if you really want to become good, by a lot of barrages, blitz and go to castle wars and try on the people there.

~ Captainkidd

True, this just makes me respect pkers even more :)

Thats probley why I dont pk... cause il be the one getting pked all the time lol

Jad prayer switching is pretty hard... I didnt have time to switch cause i was dead so i dont know anyways hehe.

It would be fun to try stuff in castle wars... will try when im much higher combat :D

tr0jams.png

I saw a very sneaky PKing technique on a recent video.

He cast Vengeance on opponent. And didn't attack back ( as if he was lagging).

Then he get hit ( 0, 0 ,0 )

Then when the opponent hit like 34, vengeance kicked in, follow by a sneaky AGS spec at the same time.

Kind of a luck thing I guess, just like Blitz + Darkbow spec

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/