Range Attack bonus vs full Void Range

zxzxzxzx99

Range bonus versus full Void Range!

NOTE:In my example, I'm going to use bronze knives.

First off, the max range bonus, the armour consist of the following.

Helm - Armadyl Helmet, +10 Range Bonus

Cape - Ava's Accumulator, +4 Range Bonus

Necklace - Fury, +10 Range Bonus

Quiver - No need because you're using bronze knives

Weapon - Bronze Knife, +4 Range Bonus

Chest - Armadyl's Chestplate, + 33 Range Bonus

Shield - Unholy Book, +8 Range Bonus

Legs - Armadyl's Plateskirt, + 20 Range Bonus

Gloves - Barrow's Gloves, +12 Range Bonus

Boots - Ranger Boots, +8 Range Bonus

Ring - Archers Ring, +4 Range Bonus

In total your range bonus will come up to 113.

Second off, Full void + max ranged, the armour consists of,

Helm - Void Ranger Helmet, No Range Bonus

Cape - Ava's Accumulator, +4 Range Bonus

Necklace - Fury, +10 Range Bonus

Quiver - No need because you're using bronze knives

Weapon - Bronze Knife, +4 Range Bonus

Chest - Void Knight Top, No Range Bonus

Shield - Unholy Book, +8 Range Bonus

Legs - Void Knight Robe, No Range Bonus

Gloves - Void Knight Gloves, No Range Bonus

Boots - Ranger Boots, +8 Range Bonus

Ring - Archers Ring, +4 Range Bonus

In total your range bonus will be 38, a difference of 75 ranged bonus, so is 38 ranged bonus and 10% to ranged better then 113 ranged bonus? Which is better?

3 Dragon Claws, 60+ Barrows items, 2/4 Gwd Hilts(Bgw & Agw)

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

I know that when ranging black dragons, I have gotten much better results with void than black dragonhide/robin/ranger boots. I suspect the "10% to ranged better" is a mistake, or that the 10% represents something more important than just overall damage.

2480+ total

I know that when ranging black dragons, I have gotten much better results with void than black dragonhide/robin/ranger boots. I suspect the "10% to ranged better" is a mistake, or that the 10% represents something more important than just overall damage.

I'm guessing it's 10% of your range is added on to your normal level, I'm not 100% sure tho

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

The "10" refers to damage AND accuracy. It is best used with mroe powerful weapons because it is a percentage of the weapon's power. So with bronze knives, Arma would be better, BUT if you are using a powerful weapon like a rune C bow with powerful bolts, or a powerful arrow(addy+), it is best to use void.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

The "10" refers to damage AND accuracy. It is best used with mroe powerful weapons because it is a percentage of the weapon's power. So with bronze knives, Arma would be better, BUT if you are using a powerful weapon like a rune C bow with powerful bolts, or a powerful arrow(addy+), it is best to use void.

so if i was training on yak's or ogre's, i would use armadyl?

so if i was training on yak's or ogre's, i would use armadyl?

It depends on weapon. It increases the strength and accuracy of the weapon. SO if you are using bronze knives or arrows, its best to use Arma anywhere. BUT, if you are using higher level bolts, rune C bow, C bow, or other powerful weapons, then it is best to use Void anywhere. On monsters with really low range defense, some people use Void regardless.

So try void at Yaks. If you find you are hitting alot of 0s, use Arma. But if you are hitting fine, use void.

Owned_Nex.png

What if I was using red chinchompas would I use void???

king_kapugen.png

It depends on range level, and enemie's defense.

Chompas is very interesting.

IF the target is hit, then usually everything will get hit. IF you miss on the target, then you miss on the other hits.

So if you've got a high range level, and are attacking something with little defense, then use Void. The damage will be very high. IF you are attacking something with higher defense, or lower range level, use armour that increases accuracy.

Owned_Nex.png

IF the target is hit, then usually everything will get hit. IF you miss on the target, then you miss on the other hits.

So if you've got a high range level, and are attacking something with little defense, then use Void. The damage will be very high. IF you are attacking something with higher defense, or lower range level, use armour that increases accuracy.

say 70-80 range on 103 mummies

king_kapugen.png

I personally prefere the range void over everything. I use my void everywhere or anything, I hit more and harder at all times and occasions with void.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

to me, void is super cheap, instead of paying for all that armour, you get good range bonuses for free basically

Oh your doing those in Tunnels...

I looked at your Stat sig, and your rnage lvl is only 63 according to it. So in that case I would use higher range bonus armour.

Owned_Nex.png

I now I'm gana start later on would I use void with chins on103 mummies at around 70 range mabye 80

Oh your doing those in Tunnels...

I looked at your Stat sig, and your rnage lvl is only 63 according to it. So in that case I would use higher range bonus armour.

king_kapugen.png

Well for lower defense monsters void is definitely better or comparable. I just tried this today on Yaks with full void vs full arma, and I found void to actually be pretty impressive, even seeming more accurate somehow.

I haven't actually tested it on higher monsters, and I might try both at irons soon, but in general they seem pretty even even there, Arma coming on top by a little.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

no I'm gana do it later on when I'm around lvl 70-80 so would void be good using chins on103 mummies at 70. Range

Sorry, I misread.

At 70, i'd say try both. Its on the borderline. At 80, I would lean towards Void.

Owned_Nex.png