NZ Rugby League Champions

eggzs

I could barely believe it myself when Dad told me from his work. I didn't watch the match because I was adamant it would be an Aussie walk-over, and it started at like 7am our time.

I hope the World Cup stays in Oz though. Bring it to England and you'd be playing in the JJB Stadium. I love Wigan (except the Latics) but... it doesn't compare to Brisbane:

[hide=]jjb_428.jpg

SS%20L7%20NW%20stadium%20and%20crowd.jpg[/hide]

I can't believe they won! I didn't watch it, but I was sure they were going to loose...

Ah well, we still bet the Aussies! :lol:

Good job boys :)

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

-_- I knew this would happen, we had a way too easy ride to the finals and had no preparation for an actual challenge. was a very entertaining match to watch though, I would of been really disappointed if Australia just dominated NZ so yeah gratz kiwi's but don't expect to be holding onto that world cup too long :P

kirby-sig.gif

Congratulations. But it's only a matter of time until us Englanders get our hands on that trophy :twisted:

(Even though we play like girls)

Excatly, England will never get that trophy. It was a fluke that the won the Rugby World Cup in '03, and it will be a fluke if they win the League Cup.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Congratulations. But it's only a matter of time until us Englanders get our hands on that trophy :twisted:

(Even though we play like girls)

Excatly, England will never get that trophy. It was a fluke that the won the Rugby World Cup in '03, and it will be a fluke if they win the League Cup.

Or it could simply be in the next world cup or two they develop a better team and win like they did in '03, what about '03 was a fluke? Not a England supporter, but that attitude just pisses me off.

On-Topic: Didn't watch the league world cup as Ireland have always had a weak league team as it's virtually non-existent in Ireland. The union team aren't even doing that great for the last year or so, Argentina was a good victory but it's still a relatively small game here when compared to Football and the Gaelic games.

Or it could simply be in the next world cup or two they develop a better team and win like they did in '03, what about '03 was a fluke? Not a England supporter, but that attitude just pisses me off.

That's the Union team. This is League. Not even closely related. You can't fluke a League game.

On-Topic: Didn't watch the league world cup as Ireland have always had a weak league team as it's virtually non-existent in Ireland.

Are you joking? Ireland did amazingly well. Probably better than England, but the tournament structure was skewed. Paddy Richards was a star.

I can't believe it, I almost wasn't going to watch it because I thought we'd be thrashed.

So awesome :D

One of the most tense games I've ever watched too, just because for along tiem the scores were close, but then we got that penalty try and Billy Slater's attempt to keep the ball in leading to a try and I knew we'd won :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I think NZ were out to prove a point, I remember going to watch the tri-nations final at Elland Road a couple of years or so ago and it was much the same with Aus being pretty big favourites but NZ pulling out a great performane and a win. Never believed that this tournament was a foregone conclusion. Unfortunately didn't put my money where my mouth is, which I had considered. :(

iteme3721.jpg

On-Topic: Didn't watch the league world cup as Ireland have always had a weak league team as it's virtually non-existent in Ireland.

Are you joking? Ireland did amazingly well. Probably better than England, but the tournament structure was skewed. Paddy Richards was a star.

I just assumed to be honest that we'd do badly as League is virtually non-existent here when compared to union and union isn't even in the top 3 games played here. There was no coverage of the Irish matches on Irelands own TV network, speaks a lot about how popular it is.

That's the Union team. This is League. Not even closely related. You can't fluke a League game.

What I meant was they could develop a better league side and win the league world cup, like how they developed a better side and won in '03 in the union world cup.

I didn't watch the match because I was at a party. Damn, I'm so shocked that we lost, especially considering our 52-0 thrashing of Fiji in the semis. Well done to NZ I suppose ( :o I just congratulated the Kiwis... I think I'm going to throw up).

:P

I just assumed to be honest that we'd do badly as League is virtually non-existent here when compared to union and union isn't even in the top 3 games played here. There was no coverage of the Irish matches on Irelands own TV network, speaks a lot about how popular it is.

Because there's no major League team in Ireland. The plan is for Super League to become a European thing. That's why we're introducing a Welsh team this year, and there's plans to introduce another French team to go with Catalans in the years to come. Next stop will probably be Ireland or Scotland. Also, the "Magic Weekend" event might be hosted in Dublin in three years time after Edinburgh.

Apart from a few players, most of the Ireland team has played in Super League at some point. There's as many Irish players in the Wigan squad as there are Aussies.