Can't connect to update server?

Amundogus2

When logging into my favorite game yesterday, I got this message:

------------------------------

Error_game_js5connect - Unable to connect to update server.

RuneScape was unable to connect to the update server. This is most likely caused by a firewall blocking the connection.

To resolve this:

* If you have firewall or security software installed, they can often block RuneScape from accessing its servers. Please ensure that RuneScape/Java can connect to its servers on port 43594.

* Note: Windows XP Service Pack 2 has built in firewall software. If, when loading RuneScape, this asks if you want to allow the connection, you need to say 'yes'.

* If that doesn't help, then an external firewall may be causing the problem. Please ask your network adminstrator/ISP to open port 43594 for TCP traffic so that RuneScape and Java can run correctly.

If problems persist, please refer to the Technical FAQs, which can be found in the Customer Support section of our website.

-------------------------------

Well, I don't know how to ensure that port 43594 allows RuneScape, and I don't know how to open it either.

Could someone help me with this?

Could it be because someone blocked RS? I use a network at my boarding school.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I assumed you have followed step 1 and 2.

I will show you how to open the port.

Control Panel > Windows Firewall > (Tabs) Exceptions

[Add port...]

Name: Runescape

Port Number: 43594

Choose TCP

[Ok]

And thats it, it should work.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Yea, the firewall was even off at the time, so thats not it. But thx, will try that =)

EDIT: It didn't work :(

Could it be because someone blocked RS? I use a network at my boarding school.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

boarding schools? Guess you don't have permission over the router then: and my best bet is the router firewall just blocked rs.. Best talk with your ICT..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

boarding schools? Guess you don't have permission over the router then: and my best bet is the router firewall just blocked rs.. Best talk with your ICT..

But it worked fine just a couple of weeks ago...

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Stop bumping lol: just be happy it worked a few weeks ago!

Probably an update to their firewall filters...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I've put in a request to move to the "Tech & Computers" forum area... You can get better help there. :)

~Mr. "Good Luck." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Whoa. Excessive thread bumping?

It looks like your boarding has blocked RS, within the past 2 weeks. The only thing you can do is to ask them to unblock it, it's not worth trying to circumvent restrictions.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Whoa. Excessive thread bumping?

It looks like your boarding has blocked RS, within the past 2 weeks. The only thing you can do is to ask them to unblock it, it's not worth trying to circumvent restrictions.

Okay, thanks ::' I don't really need to play while I'm here anyways, it's just good to know it will work otherwise :)

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg