discussion on london's bombing here

Fat_Slug

discussion only please, flaming threats and other such will result in this one being locked also.lets keep it friendly :wink:

discuss away! :wink:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

well i'll start then,

What the hell are these [bleep]ers motive. Why do they do this, what has the western world done to them? any what the hell to they attack inocent people. i know this one actually, there cowards. dirty, roten scum of the earth. they dont deserve the air that they breath!

Why cant they do some silent protesting or something like them monks did. Blow them self's up not 20 other people with them. Light them self's on fire. That would bring people's attention to there cause(if any accept there nut jobs)

whats other peoples opinion?

manedit.png

First and only pixel thinger I made.

Terrorism is cowardice at the most sickening level, it should not be tolerated, but at the moment it is a real testimony to the stoic spirit of the londeners, and the incredible hard work of the emergency service personnel; that the day after a major terrorist incident in the capital against the transport infastructure, that most of the services are back up and running.

It also greatly annoys me that the "extremists" (trying not to speculate) hide behind the cause of Islam, which most people know as being one of the most caring and peaceful religions in the world.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

It also greatly annoys me that the "extremists" (trying not to speculate) hide behind the cause of Islam, which most people know as being one of the most caring and peaceful religions in the world.

yeah, but id say that most of the "major" religions say that aswell.

anyways, has any particular group/organisation taken responcaility yet?

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

an al qaeda cell did, on a website...but those are usually kind of flakey

the unexploded bombs and all those surveillance cameras should provide important clues

Why do they do this, what has the western world done to them?

whats other peoples opinion?

'the western world'? 'them'? Who says the attackers intended this to reflect any grudge against 'the western world' as a whole? For all we know for now, it's just as likely a couple of madmen were angry at the London public transport system. Stop proposing scapegoats just so you have people to blame. FWIW, the Taliban were not at all sorry about what happened (hey, you and the US took their country by force, what would you do...), but they did say that they had nothing to do with the attacks. Why we would believe them? Because they'd be all triumphant and gloating if they did have anything to do with it, plus, the response came rather late. If they knew about the attacks in advance, they would have prepared a statement as well.

To me, all this simply reminds me of September 11th. Back then, everyone pointed fingers at Bin Laden and his organization. He never said he did it, at least not back then, and I've never seen conclusive proof that he was the driving force behind the hijackers. It's just the media who need someone to blame things on, and the public runs with it. When I was at school on September 12th, everyone was convinced Bin Laden was the one who caused it all, even though there was no indication of this whatsoever, except for all the mass media speculation. Let's not make the same mistake again.

In order not to get anyone to get me wrong: I was shocked when I saw news of the attacks, and my thoughts are with those in London who lost loved ones, are injured (physically or psychologically) and I have great respect for the way the emergency services and the population itself coped with this disaster.

Muslim consider Christians and Jewish as people believing in the same God, and thus (nearly) equals. What with all the anti-muslim sentiment in the world right now, it's rather hard to say the opposite applies as well...

To me, all this simply reminds me of September 11th. Back then, everyone pointed fingers at Bin Laden and his organization. He never said he did it, at least not back then, and I've never seen conclusive proof that he was the driving force behind the hijackers. It's just the media who need someone to blame things on, and the public runs with it. When I was at school on September 12th, everyone was convinced Bin Laden was the one who caused it all, even though there was no indication of this whatsoever, except for all the mass media speculation. Let's not make the same mistake again.

heh, you make it sound like Bin Laden was an innocent bystander, which was obviously hardly the case; or an invention of the media

I really don't need to cover the piles data that says otherwise. Really, I don't...

a al quida cell said it was them...

and when i said why the western world i was speaking in general. look at all ther attacks like these. ther either on western soil or aimed at westeners in other countries (bali)

manedit.png

First and only pixel thinger I made.

I think it might be an inside-job, the al qeada buisness makes it sound fishy, and lots of other groups have claimed responsability over it, aswell. i think it might be linked with the G8 meeting,

everyone knows africa and aids arnt the main discussions.

The attacker's motives may of been to disturb the G8 meeting. its all fishy.

And my mum (lives in london, broke up with my dad) broke her leg on the day. she was in aldgate east tube station getting to work.

Hmmmm, can anybody confirm the fatality number this morning? I was following it all yesterday but had my leavers prom last night :\ so i kinda missed any updates.

Thanks

monotonesiguv2.png

Al Queda have since claimed whole responsibility for the 9/11 attacks.

Yes, but they hadn't done so at that time. Plus, claiming responsibility is not the same as actually being responsible.

a al quida cell said it was them...

No, a supposed extremist group posted on the Internet using the words 'al qaeda' in the name of their group. Those words are simply Arabic words, and they nor anyone else have actual proof they are linked to al qaeda (meaning, they didn't say they were, nor did anyone else, except for mindless reporters who read the name and don't know Arabic). Nobody has ever heard of this group before, and everyone on this forum should be aware of how easy it is to impersonate people on the internet (look at the announcement board and search for 'hacked' on these boards if you don't believe me...). Saying islamic extremist are responsible for an attack just because someone posts on the internet saying they are is stupid at best. From what I heard last night, police and several other authorities also had their doubts about the origin of this message.

and when i said why the western world i was speaking in general. look at all ther attacks like these. ther either on western soil or aimed at westeners in other countries (bali)

True. But geeh, I wonder why that'd be. If you'd for a moment just tried to use a bit of intelligence (let's not speculate over whether or not you're capable of doing so), then you would have realized that if terrorists want attention, they will have to shock the western world. Killing hundreds or even thousands of Africans who might have died of starvation anyway is going to have less news coverage, and less attention as to why the attacks happened. I'm definitely not saying that's a good thing, but it's the truth (sadly).

This is the same thing as the media claiming it must have been Al Qaeda because the attacks were carefully planned, and executed at a time when there were lots of people around. No, of course, nobody but Al Qaeda is clever enough to think that if they want to make casualties, they'd best detonate bombs at rush hour... :roll:

have any of you been to london or in fact any uk city?

its made up over every colour, race, religous sect going, as is all british cities now. us british are a mixed race country, not just white english snobs who eat tea and crumpets(well i do but i'm weird anyway)

who ever did this got someone from every race colour etc going.

on the news last night there was an african hurt, american too.

who ever did this has made everyone mad, not just a typical english person.

our country has expected a attack like this for months/years. it was expected leading up to the election almost certainly.

i'm just pleased that the emergency protocolls that the police/health people/firepeeps etc had trained for worked out so well.

the bus exploded right outside the medical association thus prompting immediate help- i'm sure that saved a life or two.

if london hadn't been so clogged up then one or two more lifes might've been saved too. london needs to sort out their congestion so more lives can be saved if god forbid something happens like this again.

personally with all the chacks airposts/sea ports suddosedly carry out, how did so many bombs get into the country? we need to be more vigillant to stop this happening again

just my thoughts/opinions

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

heh, you make it sound like Bin Laden was an innocent bystander, which was obviously hardly the case; or an invention of the media

I really don't need to cover the piles data that says otherwise. Really, I don't...

I'm not saying he was innocent. He killed Russians with money and weapons supplied by the Americans, which can hardly be called innocent. Whether he was a bystander in this case, I don't know. He hasn't claimed responsibility, and to me the fact that 'Bin Laden was behind 9-11' is something largely supported by the media hype of those days, and less so by actual evidence. I got sick of the thing fairly fast, so I haven't looked into what we know by now. If you can provide any real evidence, by all means go ahead and post links.

good points there.

But its obvious that the bombs were not for casualities.

The bomb on the bus was on the top floor, we can tell this as the top roof was scraped of, right at back of the bus, there were minor casualties because of this layout.

If the bomb had been planted at the back of the bottom floor, the bus' axle woudl of came of and it would of skidded into a building and everyone on the bus would of died, and maybe more innocent by-standers.

Yet as only 37 were dead at last count last night, the whole public transport system went down, and blair left the G8 meeting because of it, it was on the news all night. and nothing but.

I think the attacker's (Notice how i dont use terrorists? Bush is more of a terrorist :P) motives were not to kill, but to make a big colourful show of it.

Its a bit fishy to me.

Fat_slug: i do live in the UK, and i know how it is :P

good points there.

But its obvious that the bombs were not for casualities.

The bomb on the bus was on the top floor, we can tell this as the top roof was scraped of, right at back of the bus, there were minor casualties because of this layout.

If the bomb had been planted at the back of the bottom floor, the bus' axle woudl of came of and it would of skidded into a building and everyone on the bus would of died, and maybe more innocent by-standers.

Yet as only 37 were dead at last count last night, the whole public transport system went down, and blair left the G8 meeting because of it, it was on the news all night. and nothing but.

I think the attacker's (Notice how i dont use terrorists? Bush is more of a terrorist :P) motives were not to kill, but to make a big colourful show of it.

Its a bit fishy to me.

Fat_slug: i do live in the UK, and i know how it is :P

We're looking at round about 50 deaths and over 300 casualties. That's not really something I think was caused without intent to do so...

my dad is home fine now. the bombs missed him by about 30 mins. When he got to work today he said he saw the carnage left after the bus bomb. he sed it looks like a small war zone.

I think it was organised in line with the G8 also but i do not understand why they are protesting against something that is going to hopefully bring their country peace and money... It doesnt make sense to me.

cheesebap7dz.jpg

Yes, but they hadn't done so at that time. Plus, claiming responsibility is not the same as actually being responsible.

I think claiming responsibility for the deeaths of thousands of innocent people is a major claim which they wouldn't make without just cause.

And of course since photos have been found of the terrorists hi-jackers on the day, which were pictures of Al-Queda members.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I think claiming responsibility for the deaths of thousands of innocent people is a major claim which they wouldn't make without just cause.

Their 'just cause' is that they want attention to their ideas. This is probably the same reason people put up the note about yesterday's bombings - they want attention, and they can't be caught easily so they feel safe claiming responsibility.