Unconventional herblore training

AlexDT

So as we all know, there are a ton of people trying to buy herbs, making training herblore all but impossible. I've found this week's 10 penguin/turkeys and collected a few tears of Guthix, so am I missing any other ways of taking a reasonable chunk out of the 35k experience I still need? Buying 300 more kwuarms is virtually impossible.

Try to make lower level (useless) potions. Serum 207 is cheap, but you need to make more. Obviously, usfull pots (super str, att) can't be the choice, since loads of people buy the herbs needed for those.

Try buying harralanders, either make harralander tar (buy/collect tar from cave slime) or regular energy potions (I use them a lot, cheap xp).

You need less conventional ways since people seem to be massing the obvious choices.

You could collect/farm them yourself. Fight choas druid, farm in the mean while.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Few suggestions:

MTK - Stick it to herbs. I get about 300 a week, mainly to keep me in prayer pots and super sets.

Chaos Druids/Abby Spectres - Go kill these. If you have done Smoking Kills and have a slayer helm you can use the Smoking Kills dungeons and a cannon for some fast kills of spectres. I prefer meleeing here too, less crowded.

Chaos Druids/Abby Spectres pt 2 - Bring along a pestle and mortar and a stash of swamp tar to a crowded place (chaos druids are better) and make tar as you go using other peoples drops they leave. You lose a bit mostly, but Harralander is profitable and all tar stacks and is cheapish anyway.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I'll just do a side note to cat666 bright way to go : get varrock armour(3) asap

This one is ok for mining/smithing but also allow you to get 64 bstaves a day from Zaff

Completing staves with self made air orbs and alch every week, will pay for kingdom 75k per day.

I do it for monthes now, making my kingdom items free + rainsing craft.

After i got my flax for 99 fletch and some coal for smithing... i did put 8 workers on mapple (maxing nest number) and rest on herb. That way, alongs slayer, herb farming and some herb gathering, i've been able to reach the great 81... with 1.5k crushed nests (from maples) already there for my own brews !

Always bank every herbs you can. Never spit on a 'low' herb... they all adds up and herblore is long until you want to blow your bank on it.

gwuam => sell in ge for seeds

marrentil => keep for prayer altar

harralander => tar ! (but also combat pot for your current use)

tarromin => serum 207 all the way

rest : highest possible pot

When you need to alch for long periods : think to go for zamy wine

When you have remaining time with terrorbird : go get myre fungus

And don't forget to use the pots you made to make your skilling even faster !

Oh baby light the dark side...

That's what I'm doing right now - Goraks at the DIR fairy ring - no multi combat so its not dangerous , they are always aggresive and they drop claws faster then druids/abberants decent herbs (decent - avantoe , irit , rannar , kwuaram IMO (100+ exp) ) and the 2nd for the potions is darn easy to get ... the only thing you pay are the pots food and the vials (which still is less losing then the normal pot making , even when you cant sell them (well you cant sell them lol) and the exp is good)