level 3 clues

i_love_burritos

Do they usually yield good stuff, im asking because ive never done a level 3 before.

ive done plenty of 2s and 1s but, i was thinking for some reason that level 3s just have

higher chances of getting something worthwhile.

Or is it just pure luck?

Could i get a bronze pick and a bucket? [exageration (sp?) but anyway]

Almost every level 3 will give 50k+ in rune items. You will get a decent item every now and then or you'll get lucky and get a great item :). Either way they are the best clues to do.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

They start good but as you get on they become a chore as you get junk.

Most clues give a rune item. Nats and laws are common too.

Also get rubbish like flat packed stuff, magic bows and black dragonhide stuff.

I'd do them though always a chance at 3rd age. \'

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

80% Of the level 3 clues i do, i end up loosing more on the "wear a rune platebody and..." kinda things. I much prefer level 2 clues to level 3; theyre much shorter, you dont have to wander around the wilderness and theres no pesky saradomin/zamorak wizards to deal with. Sure, you cant get any 3rd age with level 2 clues, but im guessing the chances of getting it from a level 3 are so astronomically low anyway it doesnt make much difference.

Thats my pesimistic view on level 3 clues, because i have never EVER had a decent one :wall:

Most of the time, I spend more than I make because of clues mentioned like above. Only about 1 of ten are actually rewarding.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

80% Of the level 3 clues i do, i end up loosing more on the "wear a rune platebody and..." kinda things. I much prefer level 2 clues to level 3; theyre much shorter, you dont have to wander around the wilderness and theres no pesky saradomin/zamorak wizards to deal with. Sure, you cant get any 3rd age with level 2 clues, but im guessing the chances of getting it from a level 3 are so astronomically low anyway it doesnt make much difference.

Thats my pesimistic view on level 3 clues, because i have never EVER had a decent one :wall:

I do so many I keep those items in bank in readiness. Same as bone spear, addy sq, etc. etc.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

if you stock everythin u need for uri emotes in ur bank you any have to buy em once

that way lvl 3 clues can be a great source of cash as well as fun

the wizards aint that much hassle take a anti for the sara wizards they use dds first hit always zammy wizards am easy tho

if you stock everythin u need for uri emotes in ur bank you any have to buy em once

the wizards aint that much hassle take a anti for the sara wizards they use dds first hit always zammy wizards am easy tho

Yep.

For Zammy Mage pro mage and unleash DDS specs. Using piety it's usually a 2 spec KO. Only need a DDS so no need to take expensive gear to Wildy.

For Sara Mage you need melee armour and pro mage, again releasing DDS specs preferably with piety. Usually a 3 hit KO. Remember an anti pot.

For double agents pro melee and unleash DDS specs. Other gear doesn't really matter. Sometimes he goes down fast, other times he doesn't. I think this is due to them being randomly weak to certain attacks but I'm too lazy to prove it.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Yep.

For Zammy Mage pro mage and unleash DDS specs. Using piety it's usually a 2 spec KO. Only need a DDS so no need to take expensive gear to Wildy.

For Sara Mage you need melee armour and pro mage, again releasing DDS specs preferably with piety. Usually a 3 hit KO. Remember an anti pot.

For double agents pro melee and unleash DDS specs. Other gear doesn't really matter. Sometimes he goes down fast, other times he doesn't. I think this is due to them being randomly weak to certain attacks but I'm too lazy to prove it.

For Sara mage I prefer to wear dragon hide and protect melee to avoid being poisioned

Nrbalert.png

Nrbalert.png

Summoning 14--Hunter 12--Construction 17

Yep.

For Sara mage I prefer to wear dragon hide and protect melee to avoid being poisioned

Main reason I do it the other way is I can then go straight to the mage instead of banking. If i am at full HP sometimes I chance it with no armour. Not died yet \'

I don't advise the majority to try that btw, I'm 90 def and 97 and get taken down to about 20hp.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I always get level 3 clues. Are they Worth it. TRhey are very long and I am not sure if it is worth it? I finished a lvl. 1 once. I got 200k off it! So please offer me some advice!

The point of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. -Another Signature

Practice makes perfect even if it take a long time. -RanginBalance

Steve_9999.png

steve_9999.gif

I always get level 3 clues. Are they Worth it. TRhey are very long and I am not sure if it is worth it? I finished a lvl. 1 once. I got 200k off it! So please offer me some advice!

how are lvl 3 clues long 6 maybe 7 parts to em average half a hour per clue an average 100k sounds good to me lol

how are lvl 3 clues long 6 maybe 7 parts to em average half a hour per clue an average 100k sounds good to me lol

Using that maths your saying 3-3.5 hours for 100k is good. It isn't. Runecrafting nats at 44 is far better cash.

However I am glad to say your maths is wrong. Eventually most clues take a max of about 5 minutes, and these are the ones which require deep wilderness. The rest you know where they are just by looking at the clue/map. That gives 30mins max for the clue, which isn't too bad.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Using that maths your saying 3-3.5 hours for 100k is good. It isn't. Runecrafting nats at 44 is far better cash.

However I am glad to say your maths is wrong. Eventually most clues take a max of about 5 minutes, and these are the ones which require deep wilderness. The rest you know where they are just by looking at the clue/map. That gives 30mins max for the clue, which isn't too bad.

i did over exagerate about the length of time not everyone knows where all the clues am an gives time if u get tele blocked by revs on average they take me 15 mins unless u get lots ofwalkin like morton and stuff as for makin cash off rune crafting id rather do clues rc is soooo borin lol

lvl 3's are fun. i do them just for the chance at 3rd age altho it is very unlikely to happen.

level 2's are better for cash/hour. lvl 2's also have less variety of items to recieve. making profits more dependable.

personally i hunt lvl 2 clues but ill do lvl 3's from slayer.