TOPIC CHANGE: How do I access this hidden program?

runescapeloser22

This thread was about what were the best antivirus programs and such, but now that I figured that out (thanks sbrideau!) I have a new question. When I installed ZoneAlarm, and restarted my computer did all the procedures. A window popped up from it that said something along the lines of:

Quieteye Child Monitoring program is trying to [access something or other]. Allow/Deny?

Naturally I denied, looked up the program and realized how funny of a situation this was. The amazon description said it could only be accessed by a key sequence, except I know there's no possible way that's the only way. Could someone help me access this program? I know it's password protected, but I'll be able to crack the password, my dad is really unoriginal when it comes to that kind of thing.

EDIT: This could explain why I have such little hard drive space all the time and can't figure out what's taking it up. The reviews on amazon say it takes a lot of screenshots and they take a lot of space up.

And you are right, those two are in the worst antiviruses.

I would suggest, as antivirus, NOD32 if you don't care about paying, it being the best antivirus there is, or Avira Antivir if you want a free one. For Antispyware, a spybot S&D and Ad-Aware combo beats everything (although don't run them both at the same time). For a good firewall, you can go with either COMODO Firewall or Zone Alarm FireWall. I personally have ZA and it has never given me trouble and to me is easy to use.

And you are right, those two are in the worst antiviruses.

I would suggest, as antivirus, NOD32 if you don't care about paying, it being the best antivirus there is, or Avira Antivir if you want a free one. For Antispyware, a spybot S&D and Ad-Aware combo beats everything (although don't run them both at the same time). For a good firewall, you can go with either COMODO Firewall or Zone Alarm FireWall. I personally have ZA and it has never given me trouble and to me is easy to use.

Cool thanks, I actually have Norton (my dad won a free copy at work :lol: ) so I guess I'll get rid of that and get NOD32. I also have Spybot, and I'll get Zone Alarm. Is it necessary to have AdAware along with Spybot?

Not a random guess

QuietEye123

is the default password.

Could it be possible your father just forgot this program is on this computer? The manufacture Kintech went out of business in 2006.

Not a random guess
QuietEye123

is the default password.

Could it be possible your father just forgot this program is on this computer? The manufacture Kintech went out of business in 2006.

It worked on the admin account but I couldn't figure out the password, I'll try that default one. I got this computer from him in September '07, and he used it for business purposes before that, so no doubt it's on there for me. It is possible he forgot about it, but I guess I'll know once I get the password won't I? ;)

Talk to your father about the password and see if he will remove the program. Ask him what his concerns are about online safety and if they can be addressed in a different manner.

If you dad has installed monitoring software to make sure you dont go on anything bad or malicious that could harm your computer or indeed you, then do you honestly think he will not notice you disabling it?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you dad has installed monitoring software to make sure you dont go on anything bad or malicious that could harm your computer or indeed you, then do you honestly think he will not notice you disabling it?

If he forgot it's on there, then he probably doesn't really care anymore. In which case he probably wouldn't notice

Well from what I've read on amazon, it looks like it stores the information on the computer, and since it sits in my room next to my bed, I'm pretty sure he hasn't checked it recently.