Hard Dance Music Help

Ragen

About a year ago I went on a downloading spree and downloaded a load of trance, dance and techno. I really got into it for a while but then totally forgot about that kind of music.

I was then going through my music today and deleting all the rubbish I had downloaded since I can afford CD's now and don't really download anymore. I came across some Infected Mushroom and found it amazing. The songs were Extacy, Spiritual Trance and Hallucinogen. I went onto Last FM to find out which album these songs were on and there was very little information available. This leads me to believe that either Infected Mushroom was not the artist or they aren't well known songs.

Questions - Does anyone know which Artist did the tracks mentioned? If so which albums are they on.

- What are the essential psychedelic trance/ dance albums.

Other than that, discuss dance/ trance etc here.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

The Wiki articles on their albums do not display said songs,but I find Hallucinogen and multiple instances of Extacy on Limewire searching for them...Strange,I think.

I quite like Groove Coverage,Cascada and Basshunter...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Are you sure it's not the record label or something like that? I remember downloading "Emergency" from "Fuelled by Ramen" through Limewire, only to find out later Paramore were the artists and Fuelled by Ramen was the label. :roll:

Yes, those are songs from Infected Mushroom.

Goa! =)

Don't know any "essential" albums.

But you can check out the "trancemaster" albums, they are very good!

Hard Dance Mania... Don't think it's your sort, they are more for pre-18 people (at least in my opinion)... But there's some good songs on them.

Airbase is something i'd recommend, very good trance/techno music... There's probably some "best of" you could buy.

I'm more into drum n bass... (name dropping) Pendulum, Lost Generation, DJ Alien, Vortex Involute, Mav, Sub Focus, DJ Fresh, Logistics and Future Prophecies (to name a few).

Some goa; Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom (duh), Super Skunk, Chi-AD, MFG, Zabra and California Sunshine.

It's usually best to buy some double-cd albums with alot of different groups... Because it's usually the "better" songs that are put there.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I just found a few ablums which have remixed Anime theme songs, quite good and enjoying them loads.

Infected sound quite good though.

Previous "fatbill" till I lost the password.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working

Yes, those are songs from Infected Mushroom.

Goa! =)

Don't know any "essential" albums.

But you can check out the "trancemaster" albums, they are very good!

Hard Dance Mania... Don't think it's your sort, they are more for pre-18 people (at least in my opinion)... But there's some good songs on them.

Airbase is something i'd recommend, very good trance/techno music... There's probably some "best of" you could buy.

I'm more into drum n bass... (name dropping) Pendulum, Lost Generation, DJ Alien, Vortex Involute, Mav, Sub Focus, DJ Fresh, Logistics and Future Prophecies (to name a few).

Some goa; Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom (duh), Super Skunk, Chi-AD, MFG, Zabra and California Sunshine.

It's usually best to buy some double-cd albums with alot of different groups... Because it's usually the "better" songs that are put there.

By Drum 'n Bass,does that include the artist that performed "Crisis"?If so,they pretty good.

Also,what's Goa?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

By Drum 'n Bass,does that include the artist that performed "Crisis"?If so,they pretty good.

Also,what's Goa?

Crisis? Never heard that song... Which DJ/Group is behind it?

Goa is psychedelic music (often played at rave-parties), listen to a couple of songs of one of the groups i mentioned and i think you'll understand.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Hard dance? Like Breakcore? I love Breakcore...

Some harder electro stuff:

Ladyscraper

M1dy

Angerfist

Combichrist

DJ Scotch Egg (absolutely amazing)

Absurdgod (more cybergrind, but still good)

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

I don't know much about this branch of Hard dance, but I do know it's going to be tough to find albums of anything in hard dance. Unless the artist is super famous, they'll most just have a series of single releases. Also, depending on the career span of the artist, a lot of new artists release

untitled-1.png

As stated before you should check out some Breakcore. I'll give you a link to the "Breakcore gives me wood" album, a live album from a festival over here. Bong-ra, FFF, Sickboy, Xanicopton, ...

If you're looking for some psychedelic (Infected aren't Goa they're to newschool for that.) I listen to Darkpsy mostly so look for "Malicious" he's got four tracks and they're wicked sick, Album is free to dload.

Jellyheadz, Whicked hayo, Phazur, Mind distortion system, Azidax. You'll have to search the internet/myspaces for it mostly.

;>

Hard dance? Like Breakcore? I love Breakcore...

Some harder electro stuff:

Ladyscraper

M1dy

Angerfist

Combichrist

DJ Scotch Egg (absolutely amazing)

Absurdgod (more cybergrind, but still good)

Sorry for the double-post people but meh... Ladyscraper is friggin awesome eh? I love combichrist a lot, aggrotech is just plain epic win. I'll search for DJ Scotch Egg, I've heard of the name but I haven't looked for him/her yet. Thanks.

;>

Here's the list of DJ's I like, some of them make a harder dance style than others:

Abject, Above & Beyond, Adamski, Alpha Twins, Andy Moor, Angerfist, Armand van Helden, Armin van Buuren, ATB, Axwell, Bart B More, Bart Claessen, Bass D & King Matthew, Beholder & Balistic, Benassi Bros., Carl Cox, Carlos, Cassius, Chemical Brothers, Chris Lake, Cirez D, Cosmic Gate, Cygnus X, Da Rude, Daft Punk, Dash Berlin, Dave McCullen, David Guetta, Deadmau5, Deep Dish, Deepack, Delirium, DJ Coone, DJ Furax, DJ Gizmo, DJ Jean, DJ Jose, DJ Korsakoff, DJ Lady Dana, DJ Outblast, DJ Paul, DJ Tiësto, Dr. Kucho, Duderstadt, Eric Prydz, Erick E, Evil Activities, Faithless, Fedde Le Grand, Ferry Corsten, Fragma, Funkerman, G-Spott, Gregor Salto, Hardwell, Ian Carey, John Marks, K.K.E., Laidback Luke, Lasgo, Leon Bolier, Mandala Bros., Manyou, Marco V, Masters of Ceremony, Masters of Hardcore, Matt Hardwick, Melleefresh, Micha Moore, Milk Inc., Mohawk, Motorcycle, Narcotic Thrust, Neophyte, Noisecontrollers, Oceanlab, Paul Oakenfold, Paul van Dyk, Prodigy, The Prophet, Pryda, Randy Katana, Rank 1, Re-Locate, Real El Canario, Reflekt, Richard Durand, Robbie Rivera, Roger Sanchez, Ron van den Beuken, Roy Gates, Sander Kleinenberg, Sander van Doorn, Scoop, Sebastien Leger, Showtek, Sidney Samson, Solarstone, Steve Angello, The Stunned Guys, Supermode, Underworld, Wippenberg, Zanny, 4 Strings.

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

Here's the list of DJ's I like, some of them make a harder dance style than others:

Abject, Above & Beyond, Adamski, Alpha Twins, Andy Moor, Angerfist, Armand van Helden, Armin van Buuren, ATB, Axwell, Bart B More, Bart Claessen, Bass D & King Matthew, Beholder & Balistic, Benassi Bros., Carl Cox, Carlos, Cassius, Chemical Brothers, Chris Lake, Cirez D, Cosmic Gate, Cygnus X, Da Rude, Daft Punk, Dash Berlin, Dave McCullen, David Guetta, Deadmau5, Deep Dish, Deepack, Delirium, DJ Coone, DJ Furax, DJ Gizmo, DJ Jean, DJ Jose, DJ Korsakoff, DJ Lady Dana, DJ Outblast, DJ Paul, DJ Tiësto, Dr. Kucho, Duderstadt, Eric Prydz, Erick E, Evil Activities, Faithless, Fedde Le Grand, Ferry Corsten, Fragma, Funkerman, G-Spott, Gregor Salto, Hardwell, Ian Carey, John Marks, K.K.E., Laidback Luke, Lasgo, Leon Bolier, Mandala Bros., Manyou, Marco V, Masters of Ceremony, Masters of Hardcore, Matt Hardwick, Melleefresh, Micha Moore, Milk Inc., Mohawk, Motorcycle, Narcotic Thrust, Neophyte, Noisecontrollers, Oceanlab, Paul Oakenfold, Paul van Dyk, Prodigy, The Prophet, Pryda, Randy Katana, Rank 1, Re-Locate, Real El Canario, Reflekt, Richard Durand, Robbie Rivera, Roger Sanchez, Ron van den Beuken, Roy Gates, Sander Kleinenberg, Sander van Doorn, Scoop, Sebastien Leger, Showtek, Sidney Samson, Solarstone, Steve Angello, The Stunned Guys, Supermode, Underworld, Wippenberg, Zanny, 4 Strings.

Most of those aren't hardcore dance, infact they're more Housy :|

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Ah well, what is your definition of hard dance? Is it something between dance and trance? Or just a harder version of dance?

Here in the Netherlands the most common genres of dance music are (uplifting, progressive etc.)trance, dance, hardcore, hardstyle and (club)house.

Do you think hard dance is something like this? I'd call this trance.

SXbD5JCph78&fmt=18

Much better HQ version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXbD5JCph78&fmt=18

That's definitely not hard dance in my definition. I'd say Hardstyle and hardcore are both sub-genres that fit into the category of hard dance. House, and any related sub genre does not. Which is why I questioned your artist list since most are not related to hard dance at all.

untitled-1.png

First, to answer your question, I posted that list because the topic author said we were going to discuss dance and trance. However, hardcore and hardstyle apperantly seems to be hard dance. So it's more like.. this?

hETZGu5k2VY

Or this?

D5iOXuK5kDk