Aviansies Advice Help

OmidSan

I'll just say this now so i dont get posts about it. I've looked the guides in the archive of wisdom and I just wanted some further info on how to do it efficiently and I wanted some advice from other ppl

Here is how I'm going so far.

awesome.jpg

I will drop the mithril grapple after I land in the place where all avies are (saradomin) so I'll have more space. Should i also bring lobs/monks?

Am i missing anything?

What ring should i bring

And what shield

Ty

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

Obby shield and ring of wealth. Maybe switch a d hide piece for barrow armour? bring monks i guess

Mk ring of wealth, barrow armor degrades tho and i dont wanna have to repair it.

Is obby shield the best shield after dragonfire?

I'll bring monks

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

I will am a bit "mmk" on lack of defense levels and range levels. Ideally you want one or maybe 2 with 80.

The beauty of Avansies is that you can stay there for a long time, you aren't going to do that with that setup, especially with food method. The pic you posted is ideal if you plan to pray against them. You have to tank a bit otherwise you be leaving before you are settled as they are capable of hitting 8s and 9s against me, with 85 defense with some Barrows armour, with relative frequency. On the same token, don't overestimate their defense. They are extremely easy to hit.

Obby shield is the best range defense shield after D-Fire and Crystal Bow, is better than having no slots in the shield. Ideally, you want at least Dragon or Granite Armour, preferably Barrows either on your chest or legs and helm.

Consider buying Bones to Peaches tablets, it should work for you if you tank a bit more.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

I will am a bit "mmk" on lack of defense levels and range levels. Ideally you want one or maybe 2 with 80.

The beauty of Avansies is that you can stay there for a long time, you aren't going to do that with that setup, especially with food method. The pic you posted is ideal if you plan to pray against them. You have to tank a bit otherwise you be leaving before you are settled as they are capable of hitting 8s and 9s against me, with 85 defense with some Barrows armour, with relative frequency. On the same token, don't overestimate their defense. They are extremely easy to hit.

Obby shield is the best range defense shield after D-Fire and Crystal Bow, is better than having no slots in the shield. Ideally, you want at least Dragon or Granite Armour, preferably Barrows either on your chest or legs and helm.

Consider buying Bones to Peaches tablets, it should work for you if you tank a bit more.

I have btp tablets....

Kk then ill us some type of barrows armor for the body or dragon/granite and ill either get obby or granite shield?

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

I'm blind. Maybe I saw you taking food there.....nevermind. Why getting hung up on the food you take? Technically, if you cannot survive salmon per Avansi, the BTP aren't all that useful. You can hunt other creatures for bones I know, but it be a terrible waste of time.

You really should take Barrows though, a Granite plate gives 97 ranged defense, while Barrows gives 132. Thats more than 30% stats. And because your defense level aren't terribly high, nor is your range, you can't really get away with it by sheer tanking or firepower. The Avansies are very profitable, the repair is almost irrelevant.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

I'm blind. Maybe I saw you taking food there.....nevermind. Why getting hung up on the food you take? Technically, if you cannot survive salmon per Avansi, the BTP aren't all that useful. You can hunt other creatures for bones I know, but it be a terrible waste of time.

You really should take Barrows though, a Granite plate gives 97 ranged defense, while Barrows gives 132. Thats more than 30% stats. And because your defense level aren't terribly high, nor is your range, you can't really get away with it by sheer tanking or firepower. The Avansies are very profitable, the repair is almost irrelevant.

new changes= dragon square and verac brassard..

Should i just bring a full set of monks and also should i high alch the good herbs?

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

new changes= dragon square and verac brassard..

Should i just bring a full set of monks and also should i high alch the good herbs?

Herbs have a very low alch value if I'm not mistaken. Don't use dragon boots; they give NO range defence whatsoever. Don't sacrifice the massive range attack of the black d'hide body for a melee top, use a melee helmet (and legs if you really need the defence).

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

The need of range defense is important.

The bonuses is extremely irrelevant, is more of keeping it reasonable. Against the Avansies, you can almost think Maging melee Barrow brothers....they can be easily killed by magic despite fully armoured. Avansies can and will hit hard when they do.

Templar Guardians

Yea thats what i messed up

Btw i switched veracs brassard in and rune kite in(Cant use draq square yet)

So should i use granite shield instead of those 2?

And what should i use for body. Verac gives -2 range attk is why i used it

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

here was my setup when i went to Avians

Helm:Helm of Neitiznot

Ammy:armadrayl

Armor:blk d'hide set

Boots:snakeskin

Weapon: rune c'bow

bolts:Broad tipped

Cape:Zammy(M.E)

Shield:Granite(for range def)

Thats not that great of a setup really...

But what are good items that protect against range besides granite shield(which i'm buying)

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

lol...its not great but it allowed me to stay there for around 3-5 hours..and its a really cheap setup but w/e someone else help him

Any setup is like that really

But I want a setup that gives me less hits on me and higher ranger hits on them.

Heres the new setup so far. Granite shield gives -10 range attk so i have to change some other stuff around.

-.jpg

Btw does anyone know how to get rid of that white space ? I'm using photobucket right now

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

Switch the Body and chaps around, maybe get zammy/sara body and use torags legs, get rid of the dragon boots and wear maybe the climbing boots, sell sara helm and wear maybe torags helm and buy sara/zammy braces.

Basicly the same setup Novax suggested.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

the setup i use gives around 140-150 range dmg bonus dude...way better than that one

I get more def?

And im killing 97's easily barely losing any damage now :D Granite shield ftw

EDIT

Holy crp. he gets like +100 more range def than me. Im totally using that setup when i bank :D

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

the setup i use gives around 140-150 range dmg bonus dude...way better than that one

I get more def?

And im killing 97's easily barely losing any damage now :D Granite shield ftw

EDIT

Holy crp. he gets like +100 more range def than me. Im totally using that setup when i bank :D

EDITx2

But wont it cost a lot to repair both torags items?

EDITx3

Sorry about triple posting. I thought i clicked edit but instead clicked quote...

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png