90 slayer worth getting?

killerjack

hey im 86 slayer atm and i am wondering if it is actualy worth getting all the way to 90... im wondering because by the time u get 90 u could probably have gotten a ton of d boots....

:?:

Yes but only if you like it, if you don't, then stop, for future reference, post questions in help and advice. Dont stop at 90, the day jagex releases a new monster, you will be right in the game....

85 and 83 are worth geting over 90.

Geting 90 just means that everyone knows you didn't level slayer for 83/85 so they won't call you a noob/camper at the slayer monster.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

For money, not worth it compared to other methods of making money. For fun and "pride" , then it's up to you. I go for 99 slayer because I like the skill, 793k xp away atm.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

hey im 86 slayer atm and i am wondering if it is actualy worth getting all the way to 90... im wondering because by the time u get 90 u could probably have gotten a ton of d boots....

:?:

Yes but only if you like it, if you don't, then stop, for future reference, post questions in help and advice. Dont stop at 90, the day jagex releases a new monster, you will be right in the game....

Yes... so true... just like when they released the grandmaster quest. Not many of us were ready =[. Go for 99 slayer, I heard it's worth it.

~Bomb

We really must shatter this common mindset. Slayer is BAD Exp, BAD Money, and BAD Charms. This is all true (maybe not bad, but it's not as good as normal training). However, you gain Slayer experience. How much you decide to weigh this is personal opinion and your priorities.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

We really must shatter this common mindset. Slayer is BAD Exp, BAD Money, and BAD Charms. This is all true (maybe not bad, but it's not as good as normal training). However, you gain Slayer experience. How much you decide to weigh this is personal opinion and your priorities.

I agree with Kent.

Slayer is perhaps the most respected skill in Runescape owing to the fact it is a combat related skill and slow to level and that alone is worth raising for some.

A lot of people like to train efficiently, myself included. I would rather gather melee XP, charms and wealth through slayer, even though it isn't as fast XP or profitable as other methods.

As for the original question, 90 is worth getting, but only from a slayer XP point of view. Dark Beasts are great XP but not worth camping at. In all honesty no slayer monsters are worth camping at for profit as you're better off at GWD these days.

Plus it stands to reason Jagex will release a 95 slayer monster eventually, better to be ahead of the game surely :thumbsup:

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Plus it stands to reason Jagex will release a 95 slayer monster eventually, better to be ahead of the game surely :thumbsup:

That's my motivation for continuing slayer (90 atm) besides the constant 15% bonuses from slayer mask/helmet are nice. When I max melee and switch to range/mage I may consider alternate methods.

chris_924.png