DRAGON PLATE!!!! :@

s1reatalot

@ RS:

I doubt it, the armor would have to be for very weak monsters that didn't hit enough to justify barrow's 9k per hour cost, in which case bandos' offensive power would be better.

Yeah, I guess if you have 7 million to throw around for a back up set you probably have enough money to buy just about anything. And in that case, you could just use barrows.

Dragon armour is dead, unless the remaining Kiteshield works out. But I dont think it will. When the Dragon Full Helm came out, it was slightly stronger than the top of the line Third Age Melee helm. But Jagex edited it to make the Dragon weaker then the Third Age. So you can bet that the Dragon Kite wont be any better than the Third Age Kite either. Third Age Melee seems to be some sort of cap that Jag has put on Non-degradeable armor.

That really doesn't leave much room for the Dragon Kite as far as stats go, especially with the introduction of the new "Spirit shields".

Unless there is some sort of special effect that hasn't been tried before, don't waste your money.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Hey, "RS": You must've forgotten that the metal was still called "Dragon", too! Like I said earlier, Dragon has been way outdated since Barrows came along. I'm not necessarily upset that the plate is outclassed in every way by other armor, although that is disappointing, but the only thing that can be done would be to jack up the prices on all Barrows repairs to four-times their current amount. That'd probably solve the whole "dragon undervalued" "issue" here...but that ain't happenin'.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Looks dumb: To you.

Seen the stats against chain: Seen stats of any plate body compared to it's chain counter part?

WAYYYYY over priced: It was just released...all items are 'over-priced' when they're first released.

Thank you for letting me to get that off my chest: No Problem.

John_Pax.png

Dragon armour is useless because it is too expensive for its stats, and it is too expensive because it can only be obtained as a rare drop from monsters that are too powerful.

There's a fairly simple way for Jagex to revive dragon armour: take all the dragon from everyones' bank, and give them the GE price in return. Then make a shop that sells all the dragon armour for something reasonable, like 500k for chain and 1m for plate. Then dragon would finally be useful for what it was meant for: an upgrade to rune to be used in combat.

• 4 weeks later...

Dragon SHOULD be A LOT better. For the amount of time it has taken them to release all the dragon items (7 years), it's not that great and simply expensive. In the beginning, I thought they were going to slowly release dragon armor over the years and in the end, it would end up being the best armor. I don't see this as being the case any longer. Heck, the full helm was just released last year, however the med was one of the first dragon items when members started (7 years ago). They better do something pretty special if they release a dragon kite.

black_skwerl.png

Dragon SHOULD be A LOT better. For the amount of time it has taken them to release all the dragon items (7 years), it's not that great and simply expensive. In the beginning, I thought they were going to slowly release dragon armor over the years and in the end, it would end up being the best armor. I don't see this as being the case any longer. Heck, the full helm was just released last year, however the med was one of the first dragon items when members started (7 years ago). They better do something pretty special if they release a dragon kite.

Its about choices. You can CHOOSE the superior defensive bonus of Torag's or the Str bonus of Bandos. You can CHOOSE the Special effects of Dhorak's, Verac's or Guthan's. You can choose the low price and steady strength of Rune. You can mix and match all the different types of armor.Dragon was supposed to be the Juggernaut melee armor, but now it is uslees. But would you rather have gone through the last 7 years with nothing but every single meleer wearing Rune+ every currently avalible Dragon peice?

I think, though that this is a sign that Jag ignored the fact that Dragon was becoming irrelevant. If it is true that Barrows degraded so that Dragon could still have some relevance, then they clearly missed the fact that peope didn't care about the degrade price as long as they got the Stats/ special effects. They released the D plate anyway, even though years showed that most people would not pay for it. Apparently, they though that everyone was waiting SEVEN YEARS for a new peice of D armor. Maybe some n00bz on the message bords were but not most people. Sometimes Jag seems out of touch with many in game situations

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Has anyone mentioned that Dragon armour is 60 Defence and all it's "Comparisons" in this thread are higher, even up to the point of Barrows at 70. Seems unfair to me.

# of players training defence level 60-70 with 12m cash laying around = ??? 3?

# of players with 70+ defence looking for a good platebody with 12m cash laying around = ??? 300k?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks