String Amulet

BabyPunchers

Can someone direct me to a guide on this? I'm sure there's one around here somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Or you can just explain the method to me. Thanks either way. <3:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I haven't tried it but here are the basics.

-You need unstrung amulets (i think holy/unholy symbols work as well), lots of them.

-You need to be on lunars to cast spell.

-Basically, once cast, the amulets will be strung, one by one, each one requiring its each set of runes, therefore xp.

Essentially, it is closed to auto-alch as it gets.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

I haven't tried it but here are the basics.

-You need unstrung amulets (i think holy/unholy symbols work as well), lots of them.

-You need to be on lunars to cast spell.

-Basically, once cast, the amulets will be strung, one by one, each one requiring its each set of runes, therefore xp.

Essentially, it is closed to auto-alch as it gets.

Ah okay. But isn't there a method for using gold amulets and then selling to that guy in Summer's End?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Hm, cool. Ty, don't suppose you know the exp/gp ratio do you?

Topic still open, if anyone can direct me to a guide. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Hm, cool. Ty, don't suppose you know the exp/gp ratio do you?

Topic still open, if anyone can direct me to a guide. ::'

I don't know of any guides, but if it'll help, here's a writeup I posted on a similar thread in this forum a while ago:

I've used string jewellery from 92 to 97 mage, and will be using it for 99. I personally highly recommend it. I average 134k xp per hour, at a loss of around 3.5-4 gp per xp (if you've completed the Rogue trader miniquest after Summer's End; otherwise, you'll lose around 6 gp/xp).

To use this spell, buy however many unstrung amulets you need on the GE, and twice as many astral runes. Equip a mud staff and fill your inventory with astral runes and unstrung ammies, click on the spell icon, and the spell will cast itself 27 times in a row. Yup, 2,268 xp per click! I find this much more tolerable than alching, and worth the extra expense, in my opinion. I camp in the Lumby basement and periodically stock up on butter from the chest.

After you've strung the jewelry, note it and use it on the Rogue trader (unlocked after Summer's End) to recoup a good portion of your costs.

The trader is in a building east of the Varrock general store and south of the fletching shop.

ec713d33aa.pngstatsigright.gif

• 8 months later...
Amulets are hard to buy on the GE I found.

Gold bars to amulets works and gets you some very slow crafting XP.

:| Dec question bumped with another question.

how much exp an hour can you get?

Thanks for bumping one I guess O_o

There is a String Amulet guide here, I dont know the name or anything but it says around or above 120k?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Selling to the rogue after summers end quest is handy if you want some money back, he will buy any noted/unnoted un-enchanted string ammy for lowest on GE price.

[spoiler=Stats]Decentcoffee.png

Goals Achieved-

99 Firemaking 31/08/07 - 99 Fletching 24/10/07 - 99 Cooking 22/12/08 -

99 Woodcutting 24/01/2010 - 99 Strength 24/05/2010 - 99 Magic 3/06/2010 -

99 Hunter 5/12/2010 - 99 Defence 29/12/2010 - 99 Hp 14/1/2011 -

99 Attack 18/1/2011 - 99 Agility 10/2/2011 - 99 Prayer 9/7/2011 -

99 Crafting 17/7/2011 - 99 Thieving 13/9/2011 - 99 Herblore 1/10/11.