Best weapon against Metals?

Cloud1924

Vesta's Longsword->Leaf Bladed Spear->Dragon Longsword->Abyssal Whip

D long is as good or better then whip, leaf bladed spear is much better.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I've always used a whip and dragon mace crush styles on them. Didn't know stab was their main weakness ... a platebody's weakness is stab?

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Maybe there is an effect on mith dragons stab wise, but on irons and steels I hit hardest with a whip.

In fact, I used to bring a DDs to iron dragon tasks for the special, but recently stopped doing that. I just whip them. It's faster.

But maybe there is an effect with miths. I wouldn't know because I never did any.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Leaf bladed sword has the highest stab attack for a one handed weapon, assuming you're not going to use vesta's longsword.

But are they really weak to Stab, or is that just an ongoing joke...Because Ive read on RuneHQ they are weak to crush...

Leaf Bladed Sword is the BEST weapon against metal dragons: Ranging from Bronze to Mithril!

RHQ are stupid... There is a lot of BS there.

If you don't want to melee, you can Range or Mage anyway. Yet it's going to be a little slower than Stabbing them.

Careful_Maim.png

Maybe there is an effect on mith dragons stab wise, but on irons and steels I hit hardest with a whip.

In fact, I used to bring a DDs to iron dragon tasks for the special, but recently stopped doing that. I just whip them. It's faster.

But maybe there is an effect with miths. I wouldn't know because I never did any.

You said hardest. Yes, Whips do hit HARDER, they have inherent stronger strength bonus. But that is not to be confused with accuracy, which is another factor.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

Guest Ks631Pistons
Ok, so I have been reading through the forums, and I just discovered something I NEVER knew. Metal (or all) Dragons are weak to stab? Is this true? And if so what is the absolute BEST weapon for killing them. I've been cancelling all my iron tasks, and quite frankly Im sick of wasting the points. So help me out guys <3.

Or you can stop being lazy and test the stab weapons yourself.

LAZINESS SAVES TIME :P

I finally got a metal dragon task so I did a test. I took my trusted whip and the leafbladed sword.

The results.

Leafbladed sword: 19 iron dragons in 00:16:59.

Abyssal whip: 20 iron dragons in 00:17:05.

Technically the whip won in this test, but the differences are really minimal. I would venture to guess that during a prolonged test both would have come out exactly the same.

The leafbladed sword seemed to hit more frequently. The whip had a few more zeros but when it hits, it hits harder. So if you get lucky and don't get many zeros it does an iron dragon a lot faster.

Preliminary Conclusion:

For iron dragons it doesn't matter whether you use whip or leafbladed sword. (potted and with 95+ combat stats)

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png