Best weapon against Metals?

Cloud1924

Ok, so I have been reading through the forums, and I just discovered something I NEVER knew. Metal (or all) Dragons are weak to stab? Is this true? And if so what is the absolute BEST weapon for killing them. I've been cancelling all my iron tasks, and quite frankly Im sick of wasting the points. So help me out guys <3.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Ok, so I have been reading through the forums, and I just discovered something I NEVER knew. Metal (or all) Dragons are weak to stab? Is this true? And if so what is the absolute BEST weapon for killing them. I've been cancelling all my iron tasks, and quite frankly Im sick of wasting the points. So help me out guys <3.

Or you can stop being lazy and test the stab weapons yourself.

xxteargodxx.png

Well on Slay (I notice you are experienced), the best set up is prosy, whip , dragon slayer gloves, and slayer mask. the dragon slayer gloves stack on mask bonus giving you 25% att throughout assignment. i rain down 30s and 40s constantly on both irons and steels. i range mithrils.

rhupajiva.png

Or you can stop being lazy and test the stab weapons yourself.

Or you can stop being a pompus [wagon] and either help or not make smart comments. ;o

And yeah I use dragon slayer gloves and whip, but it seemed to take so long on irons...Even with super set and dfs lol...Maybe Im getting impatient with slayer though, who knows.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Dragon Mace and Dragon Dagger is the best one to use. I would use dagger.

Dragon Mace and Dragon Dagger is the best one to use. I would use dagger.

I'll try those out on my next task, thanks :D

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

Leaf bladed sword has the highest stab attack for a one handed weapon, assuming you're not going to use vesta's longsword.

But are they really weak to Stab, or is that just an ongoing joke...Because Ive read on RuneHQ they are weak to crush...

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

Thanks guys, I'll try all methods mentioned just to be sure of the best...That was faster than I thought too :D <333

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

I've never fought a metal dragon before, but I keep hearing that they are weak to stab, even though it would make sense for them to be weak to crush. My best advice is to take a leaf-bladed sword to the metal dragons and see if you're successful.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Against miths the leaf sword is best, against everything else just use whip

EDIT: also during combat barrows gloves > Dslayer gloves. you only gain about 2% accuracy over barrows gloves at cost of 12 str. only put them on for the kill if your going to use them

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

For a high level player the leaf bladed sword is best against miths, and the whip is best against the others. For lower levels the leaf blade will have a greater accuracy advantage over the whip which may make it the better weapon against steels or irons.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

For a high level player the leaf bladed sword is best against miths, and the whip is best against the others. For lower levels the leaf blade will have a greater accuracy advantage over the whip which may make it the better weapon against steels or irons.

whip

82 slash

leaf like 50 stab

its not greater accruacy

its weakness

foukouei.png

People say dragon long is good too against dragons :P

Far inferior to the leaf-bladed sword.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

All dragons, even the leather ones, are weak to stab. For decently high leveled dragons, meaning steels, miths, blacks and KBDs, you are better off using a stab weapon. Unless you are willing to fork out for a Vesta's Longsword, you are best off using the LBS. Spears cannot be used for obvious reasons.

Hegel.png