f2p special attacks

mageburner

i reckon that u shud allow some kind of special attacks for the less fortunate f2pers, otherwise fightin seems abit like a chore, its so boring. i know u cant get any special weapons as a f2per but it would still be good to add some sort of special attack, say each of the stronger weapon types (ie. long sword, battle axe and 2h) should have some sort of special attacks and of course as the metal used to make the weapon gets better so does the hit of the special attack. its just a suggestion but i'd be good.

i reckon that u shud allow some kind of special attacks for the less fortunate f2pers

How does not paying for updates make you less fortunate?

Believe me, special attacks do not making training any less monotomous.

I'm f2p, I don't think there should be special f2p attacks. I wish you guys stop begging for more f2p stuff and just play the game the way it is. If you want specials become a member. :?

Exactly.

Agreed, some things are just for p2p. This is just one advantage of many, but that's what the whole f2p/p2p is based on.

1-You try out runescape as f2p

2-You play a lot and enjoy the game, but realize you want more to do

3-You become a member, either by coughing up the five bucks or begging your parents :) This is what keeps JAGeX in business.

lpinkus

I am not going to turn this into a whole flame war, nor would I have any desire to, but as I've said to many people before you, including my own f2p friends:

Stop. Just stop. You guys are the reason free players get no respect nowadays. If you took half the time you do complaining about how you're "less fortunate" (coughyou'rejusttoocheaptopayalousyfivebucksamonthcough) and can't get members, and spent it actually playing the game, you may have actually made a name of yourself.

Quit wasting your time. Quit wasting ours. We pay. You don't. We get the updates we pay for. You do not get the updates we pay for.

Is it all so hard to comprehend?

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Seriously F2P game is just a demo. If you want to play the neverending game become a member. Let's put it this way:

Why paying to get a cat? No need it's also for F2P

Why paying fo the Legend Quest? Nope, you can do it in free world

Why paying to use rune arrows? No need, it is for free to play too.

Why the heck shall we do the Ape Atoll quest and pay $3? No need, you can get dragon scimitar

Seriously stop posting about update things about RS. First I see a lot of topics about fletching should become F2P and now this. This is really getting out of hands. Jagex promised that they only do small update, nothing much at a time.

Seriously F2P game is just a demo.

Ive said it before adn ill say it again. f2p is NOT a DEMO. f2p is full, complete, living breathing game. P2P is an EXPANSION with members BENIFETS. In no way is f2p a trial, a demo, or anything short of a fully emersive, complex game. p2p is better, more emerisive, mroe stuff to do, etc. Everything else i agreee with, f2pers should stop asking for p2p stuff. Has there ever, in the history of runescape been something that was p2p, then became f2p aswell?? Stop asking, as much as i would enjoy getting p2p stuff without paying, it will never happen, be content with what we have, and, let me reinterate, f2p is not a demo.

ShadowSam19.png

Ive said it before adn ill say it again. f2p is NOT a DEMO. f2p is full, complete, living breathing game. P2P is an EXPANSION with members BENIFETS.

Well said, again :) I'm p2p, but I am quite impressed that f2p is what it is. I just made a post yesterday, many of you saw it probably, about there being a time limit for f2p. I don't think there should be one, but that doesn't make it any less impressive that you get a game to play for nothing. I would even understand if JAGeX put a level limit on f2ps, say 85 or so, to try to coax them into being members. But they don't :) They're cool like that.

lpinkus

Ive said it before adn ill say it again. f2p is NOT a DEMO. f2p is full, complete, living breathing game. P2P is an EXPANSION with members BENIFETS. In no way is f2p a trial, a demo, or anything short of a fully emersive, complex game. p2p is better, more emerisive, mroe stuff to do, etc.

that's beside the point; you can call p2p a tomato and f2p a potato, it doesn't change anything

Ive said it before adn ill say it again. f2p is NOT a DEMO. f2p is full, complete, living breathing game. P2P is an EXPANSION with members BENIFETS. In no way is f2p a trial, a demo, or anything short of a fully emersive, complex game. p2p is better, more emerisive, mroe stuff to do, etc. Everything else i agreee with, f2pers should stop asking for p2p stuff. Has there ever, in the history of runescape been something that was p2p, then became f2p aswell?? Stop asking, as much as i would enjoy getting p2p stuff without paying, it will never happen, be content with what we have, and, let me reinterate, f2p is not a demo.

Well, you're wrong according to Jagex, but in technicalities, yes, you can think of it that way if that's what helps you sleep at night.

However, Jagex themselves call p2p Runescape "The full running version," not "the expansion." It is not an expansion, because if it was not for advertising purposes, Jagex wouldn't even have f2p worlds. The ONLY reason those free worlds are there is because Jagex uses them to coax players into buying the full, unedited version...the true game. Jagex doesn't spend their money just to give leeching people a good time...they spend that money to get money in return. It's all marketing tactics. Give them a taste of what the FULL version has to offer, and they'll want more...so they'll buy.

I'd expect no less of an opinion or perspective from a free player anyways. Don't try to get involved with a conversation unless you have truly seen both sides of the mountain...just a lesson that I find will help you out a little bit more in life than just stating a blind remark.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

I don't really play anymore... but i think it'd be much more entertaining if jagex somewhat did this. But only put it on bronze weapons.

That way, it would screw up the wildy/pking situation for a good week or two. And it would be a punch in the face for people that try to merch a bronze baxe.

But then again... pking someone in full rune, and a bronze weapon would simply be too funny to watch... i'd prolly lose :oops:

In case you didnt notice, i was agreeing with you there. But f2p is not a demo. p2p and f2p are the same game, but p2p has more on top of that. f2p is not lacking any important element. It could stand alone as game and people would play it as much as they do now. p2p is built up from that game, with extra stuff. Think of it like this: f2p is the main floor of a house, and p2p is the vast upstairs with a whole lotta extra stuff. P2p is not, instead, the main floor of the house with f2p being the dingy little basement. They built up from f2p, not down from p2p, making p2p a worthwile expansion, and f2p not being a watered down 30 day trial demo.

I agree with you that f2pers shouldnt ask for more stuff. Jagex is being nice enough to let us play this great, complete game for free with no strings attatched. In no way do i expect them to give us updates, infact i hope they dont, so people like you dont complain that we are freeloaders. Yes, Jagex's aim with f2p is to get members, but that doesnt mean if you arent gonna be a member, you should just not play.

ShadowSam19.png

In case you didnt notice, i was agreeing with you there. But f2p is not a demo. p2p and f2p are the same game, but p2p has more on top of that. f2p is not lacking any important element. It could stand alone as game and people would play it as much as they do now. p2p is built up from that game, with extra stuff. Think of it like this: f2p is the main floor of a house, and p2p is the vast upstairs with a whole lotta extra stuff. P2p is not, instead, the main floor of the house with f2p being the dingy little basement. They built up from f2p, not down from p2p, making p2p a worthwile expansion, and f2p not being a watered down 30 day trial demo.

I agree with you that f2pers shouldnt ask for more stuff. Jagex is being nice enough to let us play this great, complete game for free with no strings attatched. In no way do i expect them to give us updates, infact i hope they dont, so people like you dont complain that we are freeloaders. Yes, Jagex's aim with f2p is to get members, but that doesnt mean if you arent gonna be a member, you should just not play.

Ok, now that you've clarified the angle in which you were approaching from I understand your point of view. You're correct, they can both be played as games in themselves. But my mind is still fixated on the opinion that people who play f2p with no intentions to pay to play should not get a single word of outcry. They have what they have, and they better damn well be greatful. They take what they have for granted, but I garentee that if f2p ever went away, they would be devastated, and would "suddenly" start trying to bargain that if they got it back they would "never beg again."

Unfortunetly, the human race as a general consensus is thick headed, and won't see the truth until a catastrophe hits them. This is sad. They need to really take a step back and think "Do I really deserve to get this without paying?"

If they were sensible and dignified, they would say no.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

...I guarantee that if f2p ever went away, they would be devastated, and would "suddenly" start trying to bargain that if they got it back they would "never beg again."

Well said If that happened, many, if not most of these f2ps would also be begging their parents for five more dollars a month :)

lpinkus

...I guarantee that if f2p ever went away, they would be devastated, and would "suddenly" start trying to bargain that if they got it back they would "never beg again."

Well said If that happened, many, if not most of these f2ps would also be begging their parents for five more dollars a month :)

lpinkus

Very clever, lpinkus. Once again you make me chuckle.

But really...what you say has the truth to it that I have been trying to point out. Free players as a general consensus are just narturally greedy and, for a lack of better term, nooby. I am not trying to completely stereotype here...but let's face it...stereotypes about people don't rise because of total random information. They have truth behind them. The people in which those stereotypes are made about are the reason those "rumors" exist.. They put themselves in that position, and unfortunetly the innocent ones, however much of a minority they are in the population, take the fall too.

But with that said, they would never change...however, if that situation were to happen, as I said, they'd be running around like headless chickens. :)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Less fortunate f2pers? F2p isnt less fortunate, they are just the players that refuse to pay for the game and expect updates.

Now, a f2p special attack would be cool, but it would never be placed into the game. If rune had special attacks, dragon wouldnt be as handy

stuff

the f2pers that are constantly whining are just a very vocal minority, the majority of f2pers don't care, and the ones that do want p2p stuff become members.

I beg to differ. But if that's what you've come across in your time playing, fine. I however, have seen the opposite.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png