Random Ending

Moad14

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

First off, I know almost nothing about computers, so if you know what has to be done please tell it in language your grandmother will understand. :P

So I was playing RuneScape tonight when the game suddenly died. A little message bubble popped up to tell me my video driver had stopped working, and I couldn't re-load RuneScape. Since I'm running on Vista, I know that whenever you have a problem you just restart the machine and it should work fine. That it did, but only for a half hour before the driver died again. After restarting it only lasted another half hour.

Three times in all I had to restart for reasons I can't understand. I've installed/removed nothing in the last week, and my computer has been running properly for quite some time now. Has anybody else experienced this? :-k

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

First off, I know almost nothing about computers, so if you know what has to be done please tell it in language your grandmother will understand. :P

So I was playing RuneScape tonight when the game suddenly died. A little message bubble popped up to tell me my video driver had stopped working, and I couldn't re-load RuneScape. Since I'm running on Vista, I know that whenever you have a problem you just restart the machine and it should work fine. That it did, but only for a half hour before the driver died again. After restarting it only lasted another half hour.

Three times in all I had to restart for reasons I can't understand. I've installed/removed nothing in the last week, and my computer has been running properly for quite some time now. Has anybody else experienced this? :-k

Sounds like you need to reinstall the video card drivers, I forget how to check what video card you have, so maybe someone else can, I had to do it once when my sound card refuse to work for some reason. :wall:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Reinstalling the drivers might be a good start. What is your video card? Go to Personalize > Display Settings and look what it says for a video card. Than either find the most up to date driver for that card, or just post what card it is here and we can give you a link to the drivers.

Also, and this is just me thinking, but a couple of questions:

- Does this happen just during runescape, or during any game?

- Does it happen if you're just doing general stuff, such as browsing the internet?

My bet is it's a simple driver issue though.

dxdiag

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

- Does it happen if you're just doing general stuff, such as browsing the internet?

I don't play many games; I generally stick to good old RuneScape.

I was able to browse the internet, but the game wouldn't load.

I reinstalled the video drivers (after a long battle with HP's support site ;) ) so I'm hoping that fixed it. Thanks for your help guys!

I don't play many games; I generally stick to good old RuneScape.

I was able to browse the internet, but the game wouldn't load.

I reinstalled the video drivers (after a long battle with HP's support site ;) ) so I'm hoping that fixed it. Thanks for your help guys!

Computer manufacturer and graphics card? I ask because I had the exact problem.

Eh, just saw the HP part, lol.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Computer manufacturer and graphics card? I ask because I had the exact problem.

Eh, just saw the HP part, lol.

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS.