Computer Dieing (Seriously)

Tim

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Well, a few days ago some bumbling friends decided to google some... "Adult Content" and loaded far too many videos running at once, causing my computer to crash over and over. yesterday i Defraged the Hard Drive, Removed ALL my stuff (to my portable HDD) removed the RAM and cleaned the entire inside (the computer was Earthed in case of static) and put the RAM back exactly where it was. the problem: Its still struggling to run even at 50% and im not sure why. i cant afford to have this die on me since we cant afford a new computer for a while. Any Ideas???

and yes i scanned for virus/spyware, damaged sectors etc. its all fine software wise.

Popoto.~<3

You sure it's all fine software wise?

Did you scan with Ad-aware which has a new version that came out last week. Did you also scan with Spybot and Malwarebytes with updated definitions? What anti-virus scanner are you using?

goldenblade995.png

AVG 8.5

processor wise, its using all the RAM it can but its only giving little performance. could there be something wrong with either the RAM or is the processor commiting suicide?

Popoto.~<3

AVG 8.5

processor wise, its using all the RAM it can but its only giving little performance. could there be something wrong with either the RAM or is the processor commiting suicide?

Answer my question about scanning with anti-spyware programs.

Spyware is probably whats eating up your ram and cpu usage. 90% of the time the issue with a computer is software related.

goldenblade995.png

AVG has a Spy-ware scanner in it, and picked nothing up. so to answer my question to your question thus solving the question, do you know of any powerful free spyware scanners that might pick up what AVG didnt?

Popoto.~<3

AVG has a Spy-ware scanner in it, and picked nothing up. so to answer my question to your question thus solving the question, do you know of any powerful free spyware scanners that might pick up what AVG didnt?

All the ones I listed are completely free. AVG spyware scanner isn't very good and is not meant to replace other spyware scanners.

goldenblade995.png

I'll give Spybot a shot and see what happens.

Ok, good luck :thumbup:

Its worked for me.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

What, it never asks me to pay.....

What do you mean it asks you to pay?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm not 100% believing that the system is "clean" of viruses, from AVG. Download SpyBot, run it once in normal mode, once in safe mode, then reboot. Also, post a HiJackThis! log, I'm not sure of what it entails, but it might contain information that someone else can look at with a better eye than mine.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Ran SpyBot like you said. got rid of a few but the immense slow down in the computer is still bad. it takes 10 minutes after a restart or power on from the moment i log on to load everything, and theres not much to load. Re-Defraged it, and the 2nd HDD has been Formated (had nothing on it anyway). Is there a chance its the RAM? Power output and PP is still its usual 2.4GHz (for a 7yo computer im surpised)

EDIT: Ah-ha! its not reading the 512Mb RAM Stick!!! Give me 5 Mins and a Screwdriver and i'll see.

EDIT AGAIN: Wow! i feel like a dumbarse. Cert II In IT and i didnt even realise i had knocked the 512Mb RAM Stick out of its place while cleaning it out. :lol:

Problem Solved. ::'

Popoto.~<3

Ran SpyBot like you said. got rid of a few but the immense slow down in the computer is still bad. it takes 10 minutes after a restart or power on from the moment i log on to load everything, and theres not much to load. Re-Defraged it, and the 2nd HDD has been Formated (had nothing on it anyway). Is there a chance its the RAM? Power output and PP is still its usual 2.4GHz (for a 7yo computer im surpised)

EDIT: Ah-ha! its not reading the 512Mb RAM Stick!!! Give me 5 Mins and a Screwdriver and i'll see.

EDIT AGAIN: Wow! i feel like a dumbarse. Cert II In IT and i didnt even realise i had knocked the 512Mb RAM Stick out of its place while cleaning it out. :lol:

Problem Solved. ::'

#-o

I've done similar stuff, spent a whole day repairing my sister computer, and after I had screwed the case back on (really hard to take on/off) it wouldn't work, then I noticed I hadn't put the HDD back in :wall:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

AVG 8.5

There's one of your problems though, get a good antivirus like Avira Antivir instead of that piece of crap.

Avira didn't pick up a '500KB song'. Obviously a Virus. Did it on 3 different occasions went back to AVG so it can FIND virus's. :l

onyx7890.png

Current goal: Legends, Regicide, Roving Elf's, Barrows RFD, 95+ Attack.