Ok, f2p has TB... now whats the cheapest way to 85 mag, lol

jjjon123

whats the cheapest way to 85 mag at my lvl...

Go ahead, flame, :roll: i know it's a BIG goal but, i REALLY want it :twisted:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Those three are the best. Cursing is 29xp each, and you can continually curse (of course, it's not automatic) at the magic dummies at lumbridge. Alching is 65xp each, and if you alch "good" items, you'll lose close to nothing. I lost about 8m to 99 doing a combination of two item alching while I was f2p. (Yes I know you want 85, but I didn't start extensively alching till 88+). Then finally, Superheating mith ores is about 50 or so magic xp and 30 smithing. Not bad, eh?

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Not to mention that superheating mithril bars, still stimulated by SC tools, will cover your costs of 4 coals, a mithril ore, and a nature rune (You'll be using a fire staff of course), and may even get you a tiny profit.

The CHEAPEST way is to do FoG, but we all know that it is very inefficient. I would go for alching, a few days ago before i got members back, you could have had 1gp loss per alch on addy plates. That inevitably went away -.-

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Cheep way is either FOG or using the alch option of an explorer ring. The latter being slower. Maybe use both?

Other than that you are going to pay. If you were a mem I would say mud staff and curse (for cheepness), but I would think alchign or super heating would be cheeper and faster.

Not to mention that superheating mithril bars, still stimulated by SC tools, will cover your costs of 4 coals, a mithril ore, and a nature rune (You'll be using a fire staff of course), and may even get you a tiny profit.

as f2p?

But anyway, I used a combination of alchemy from lumby ring as well as the normal high alch spell. I barely was able to alch 1k an hour, it was around 700? The fastest way as free-to-play though.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Iron superheating reaches 90k per hour on a personal test, with a cost of 160k or so per hour.

I don't know what the price of body runes are right now, but you could try buying a mud battlestaff and body runes, then using the non-attack support spells that use water and earth runes.

I don't know if this is possible if you are F2P. It certainly isn't the most fun. Tons of law runes and an air staff will get you cammy teles...again, F2P prohibitive.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I don't know what the price of body runes are right now, but you could try buying a mud battlestaff and body runes, then using the non-attack support spells that use water and earth runes.

I don't know if this is possible if you are F2P. It certainly isn't the most fun. Tons of law runes and an air staff will get you cammy teles...again, F2P prohibitive.

It's not possible, mud staff is p2p, but you could just bring a stack of water runes and earth staff.

Curse is a good way to train mage, but it gets very old very fast.

as f2p?

But anyway, I used a combination of alchemy from lumby ring as well as the normal high alch spell. I barely was able to alch 1k an hour, it was around 700? The fastest way as free-to-play though.

Yes, as F2P. I simply mentioned that SC tools stimulated the price of mithril bars. This means that a player, P2P or F2P, making mithril bars will be able to better cover their costs by superheating mithril bars since the bars will sell for more.

Mithril bars actually have fallen a tiny bit as of late and natures going up a bit, now losing 24gp per bar instead of the profit by 20 gp when I did them as an F2P player (3 months ago, closer to when SC came out). This loss per bar is very comparable to most alching methods.

However, the advantages here are:

-spell casts quite a bit faster than high alch

-you gain 30 smithing xp with every cast

Thus the total XP you get is 83 XP, 53 for magic, 30 to smithing. Not bad imo

Disadvantages:

-must be near a bank (With high alch you could do other stuff like camp spawns or something, I dunno)

-need to bank quite often which can be an annoyance