Chaos elemental...

pinguimmaiden

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

The Chaos Elemental is a very defunct monster to be fighting nowadays. I'll begin by saying that with its best drop of D2H, you won't find it profitable to be killing the CE.

To answer your question, I'd suggest against using melee on the CE. As you know, it does teleport you randomly and unequipps your items at random intervals during battle. Basically, without pies/sara brews you'd be wasting alot of time getting hit and re-equipping your gear one by one. To brew when hit, and then drink a super attack/strength to hit effectively on the CE's high def while running up to it each time is a hassle indeed. The best approach would be to range it, where you use Ruby Bolt (e) to bring down its HP quickly, and to finish it off with Diamond Bolts (E). You can attack from a distance, so you don't need to run up to it each time and you can range pot each time so you don't need to be packing a pure set each time you want to get peak performance of your attack style. So overall, I'd suggest against using melee, as range seems the more hassle free and viable option to pick. But altogether, don't CE if you're looking for profit, but more as a fun factor.

And I'm going to go on a limb here about the drop rate of the D2H, but it's not a common drop. It's not an incredibly rare drop either, so I'd say the drop rate varies from 1:300 - 1:500.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Melee actually works well if you have the right setup. Terror bird is obviously the golden familiar to have here. Use curry to heal here, it's almost the same as sharks but keeps your inv full. Use brews/pies if you want, but it's either very expensive or more bites to get your ~20hp healed.

I used a GS when meleeing CE, but I don't see why whip wouldn't work (though GS is a huge step up in effectiveness here). Remember to do this while fighting:

When fighting the CE, always click the right click menu up that lets you select "Attack Chaos Elemental".

When it does teleport you, instantly press attack and your character will run towards the CE, even if you don't know where it is.

After you start running, use a t bird scroll. Don't use a scroll and THEN attack, because it wastes time (this is even more true if you use super energy potions).

If you can do that, you should be all good for meleeing.

Although, CE isn't really a profitable boss to hunt nowadays. D2H has fallen below 1m and it doesn't have anything better to offer. A nice boss to hunt for fun though, it's drops are very strange. I'm not sure on the D2H drop rate, sorry :|

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|