Hacked & Recovered

pkerlex

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I never get how people can get hacked. Seriously, once you've been on there for 6 months or so you should realise that the guy isn't going to give you 4 million in gp if you give him your password.

Scamming websites too are pretty obvious.

It's only keyloggers and stuff that you MIGHT be able to get without realising but still, the chances of you getting one unless you go onto a malicious website designed to grab RS passwords is like, tiny.

Then there's the human connection. Never tell your friends your password for God sake. Seriously :wall: :wall: :wall:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Oddly enough it has happened to me on more then one occasion. first time was when i was in my mid-70s. had just earned my first mil and was pretty excited about buying full rune t. I buy it (catherby bank I think was the place) and logg out. After a couple hours I decide to logg on and brag to my friends about how i finally got my full rune t. when i entered my password i got the infamous "invalid username or password" message. Me being incredibly nervous enter it again and get the same message. I give up and head to the recover account page. Sadly enough I did lose my full rune t as well as the 1m in cash that i had in my inventory (that i was going to show my friends and brag about). This is the reason that i put ALL of my items into my bank everytime i logg out. ive had the same thing happen to me again about 3 or 4 times, but those time i think there were some very upset hackers :lol:

7049be8d11.png

archsupportei2.png

Proudly achieved 99 fletching before the 'string x' option

Proudly achieved 99 firemaking before the Grand Exchange was introduced

Call me crazy but I alched all the way to 99 magic

Yes I have. Last school year, I was on TIF posting something and I got a message from a friend.

It said something like... your skill signature says all your skills are zero. I go the runescape.com and view my stats, as he said... all my stats are at zero...meaning my account has been banned. I do all the stuff needed to get my account back...recover questions ect... I don't hear anything for 2 days... I get depressed and make a new account (old_666 my skiller now lol)

After 2 days, I get a message saying I got my account back, making me so happy. The hacker got my account muted for spaming and ect, and eventually got it banned. Droped all my stuff except some bronze armor and a small net lol.

One of the worse daus of my life to be honest lol, but I got haseo back and thats all that matters lol.

EDIT: And I also figured out who hacked me as well. A once good rs friend of mine came down to my house... and placed a keylogger on my computer. He addmited to it, and removed it a week later. Lets just say he is not a "friend" anymore -.-

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Well when I quit a couple years ago I gave my account to one of my buds from school and he ended up giving it to his little bro. It turns out that he got hacked on my account and eventually quit. It was quite a surprise last week when I look in my bank to find my Sara gone :(. But in the week I've made 500k so I'm on my way to getting it back

when i was 79 xp or so from 97 fish i got hacked by a rl friend who sent me a keylogger, after a few hours, the apeal was accepted, since i removed the keylogger at that moment, i wanted to loging to find my acc locked for 3 days. after 3 days of patience i found that my acc was untouched.

j6ub8h.png

I've been "hacked" twice.

The first time was in April 2003. I lost over 50 Santa hats and 30 msks, which were worth over well a billion today. I think it was because I was a high profile target since I was the 40th person to get level 99 cooking. I guess it's also partially my fault since I had a very easy password. :oops:

The second time was in 2004 right after RS2 was released. I was dumb and fell for the "Jagex blocks your pass!" scam. Luckily, I recovered quickly and lost only a few staves.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)