Did jagex take this sound from pink floyd?

mixand

In the Pink Floyd song run like hell at the 4:30+ mark you start hearing some spell/effect sound from runescape. I haven't played runescape in years so i forgot where it was from. Anybody know if its the same sound or where its used in runescape?

Here's the link to the song, Skip to 4:36 into the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYd6mCAcQw8

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

Uhm....no.... I can hear one sound that sounds slightly similar to an ice spell if that's what you meen.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Oh the url messed up. please skip to 4:36 into the video to hear it please. it sounds exactly like one of the sounds in runescape, like they just took it from the song.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

In the Pink Floyd song run like hell at the 4:30+ mark you start hearing some spell/effect sound from runescape. I haven't played runescape in years so i forgot where it was from. Anybody know if its the same sound or where its used in runescape?

Myabe you heard it somewhere else.

priest_wiz.png

That would explain a lot.

And what makes you think a million dollar company needs to steal sounds from a song? Not only would that be very hard to do, but it wouldn't be practical. They can make the same sounds with a large amount of software and avoid all the fees if they got caught stealing...

Let's avoid the spamorama of in-before-lock posts... Seriously. That irks me personally more than pointless threads themselves.