A Guide to Chinning in Ape Atoll

bedman

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this once but found it impossible to lure them, I fail at luring :( I've accepted that I'll just have to get 90k/hour (with SC coif) at armoured zombies to 99. If I do try again, I'm definitely bringing those SC coifs. double exp ftw

yes.png

I tried this once but found it impossible to lure them, I fail at luring :( I've accepted that I'll just have to get 90k/hour (with SC coif) at armoured zombies to 99. If I do try again, I'm definitely bringing those SC coifs. double exp ftw

Bad idea. A coif gives what, 20k xp? Thats 10k bonus xp, so that's 30k ranged xp an hour while playing SC (3 coifs an hour). You can do MUCH better withtout playing SC.

Remember you dont have 9 on you from the start. It takes a few minutes. You fight 5, and they keep respawning from bones, but after a while those 5 will also respawn from their natural respawn point (not bones related).

Is sacred clay worth using? pretty simple question, I know its the equivalent of green d hide.

Two words: Hell no.

hell no indeed.

You can get like 3 coifs an hour and they only last for 50k xp or what? So you gain 25k extra ranged xp at the cost of 1 hour. That's totally not worth it.

bumpidy bump.

What am I missing for AOW? :cry:

I guess its not. It doubles the xp you get for like, 300 or 400 chins or so right? the only reason people think its worth it is because you get 2x the xp, so if you get like, 200 xp per grey chin without it, they assume that 200*2 = 400, but thye don't factor in the 20 minutes to get the coif right?

Either way, brilliant guide. Too bad prayer pots are at 10k each now, I'll just do one of 3 things lols

1. suck it up, buy them, and use them before they drop and I hate myself for not waiting (Choice I won't choose)

2. wait till they drop, then buy them and get 99 range from 99 (possible)

3. Get ranarrs myself, and make them myself (cheap lols)

honestly, well thought out guide. 99 range is gonna be so helpful for so many things.

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

Bad idea. A coif gives what, 20k xp? Thats 10k bonus xp, so that's 30k ranged xp an hour while playing SC (3 coifs an hour). You can do MUCH better withtout playing SC.

Remember you dont have 9 on you from the start. It takes a few minutes. You fight 5, and they keep respawning from bones, but after a while those 5 will also respawn from their natural respawn point (not bones related).

34K exp, but I'm cheap and love sc. It's more like 4+ coifs an hour if you use SC_claymates :P But I didn't know about that info about respawning when I went there the first time, so maybe I'll go again to see how good I am at it

yes.png

So I decided to do a test at 61 prayer, 85 range, with 1.3k grey chins. I couldn't get it for the first 50 or so chins. I then reread the section about chinning, and finally got it. Accidentally, I dropped my prayer to 0 twice #-o , and My rol saved me on the second one :D . I used up around 510 chins, and got about 80k xp from it (my sig says 102k atm, but I ranged a little yaks and tzharr, so its probably 90k. I assume for 510 (460 had I know what I was doing at first), roughly 80-90k isn't too bad right?

dividing 80k by 510 chins gets me about 156.8 xp per chin. Dividing by 460 (after the fist 50 horribly stupid mistakes) I get 173.9 xp per chin. its not 200 per, but again, I was liek a headless chicken the first 50, and this was my first try. I also used snakeskin boots, since ranger boots are too expensive to bring here.

Anyway, once I get 99, I'll be sure to thank you more :lol:

epic guide once again. I'll be chinning more often.

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

Chinning is godlike.

Range.jpg

:shock:

I'll be chinning around once every two days. Its a shame prayer potions are 10k+ still for 4 doses. Once I get the hang of it, I'll be getting xp rates like that.

Btw, how long did you chin for? I assume that was 2 hrs with grey chins?

edit: considering grey chins are around 380 each, and reds are around 590 each, (compared to 350 for greys and 650 for reds in your guide) I'll be buying red chinchompas from now on.

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought 300 prayer pots and 15k grey chins

its all or nothing now :o

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Lol chins went up and i sold them all making like 400k profit

so did pray pots

Lol i'm doing barrows untill i get some stuff to buy chins with :i

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

I guess I won't be chinning to 99 range now. Prayer pots (4) are 14k+, Grey Chins are 400+ and Red Chins are 720+. :wall:

I guess this inflation is far worse than I originally thought. Jagex needs to remove statues from PVP drops, its adding cash into the game WAY to quickly.

Oh well, I'll have to collect the chins myself I guess :wall:

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

Well...

I guess I won't be chinning to 99 range now. Prayer pots (4) are 14k+, Grey Chins are 400+ and Red Chins are 720+. :wall:

I guess this inflation is far worse than I originally thought. Jagex needs to remove statues from PVP drops, its adding cash into the game WAY to quickly.

It's pretty funny how things can change indeed. Glad I got 99 when ppots (4) were only 8k each, and grey chins 350 each. :-)

Well...

It's pretty funny how things can change indeed. Glad I got 99 when ppots (4) were only 8k each, and grey chins 350 each. :-)

omg range stuff is going to skyrocket lol!

arcane_stew.png