A Guide to Chinning in Ape Atoll

bedman

wow, loving all the statistics. clearly you have put alot of time and work into this and it shows very obviously. outstanding guide and i will be using this. :thumbsup:

dragon drops:21 axes 7 med 2 chains 1 skirt

gwd drops:bandos:2 hilt 3 plate 6 tasset 2 boot

armadyl:2 helm 1 skirt (all 3 drops were 80 ppl split)

dag kings: 9 zerkers 15 warrior 21 axes 3 seers 3 muds

barrows drops:87

99 magic going for 99 construction.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chinnbv6.jpg

w756.png

LOL, i was so focused on grouping the monkeys that i heard the prayer drain sound and almost cabbaged myself. luckily i tele'd out. i lost 30 hp in like 2 seconds.

750 chins brought (normal), 610 left at the end of my first run.

started 120k from 78, finished around 108k

~85-90k/h xp. but i couldn't get the monkeys into a 3x3 square. most of the time i was attacking 6-8 monkeys.

should i keep chinning or do iron knives for now?

It's strange that you can get them in 3x3 squares. If you just alternate between the spots I mentioned they should make 3x3 squares out of themselves.

i'd say, try it one more time, if it still goes as bad and the xp rates are still that low, do iron knives or whatever.

Referring to the pink font in your pictures, are you gay?

Lol.

The holy wrench increases the amount of prayer gained by 1 for prayer/super restores. The Saradomin GS would be good for this for those with high melee stats, but the Excalibur after Seer's Diary is a very good alternative(20 HP and Prayer). The Ancient Mace from "Another Slice of Ham" also restores prayer, and is very easy to get.

Although it was weird for a while how Blood Runes cost less than Death, and Sup Restores then P pots.

Maybe make a vid if you can? Would help alot.

10/10 \' \'

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Lol.

The holy wrench increases the amount of prayer gained by 1 for prayer/super restores. The Saradomin GS would be good for this for those with high melee stats, but the Excalibur after Seer's Diary is a very good alternative(20 HP and Prayer). The Ancient Mace from "Another Slice of Ham" also restores prayer, and is very easy to get.

Although it was weird for a while how Blood Runes cost less than Death, and Sup Restores then P pots.

10/10 \' \'

Enhanced Excalibur does not restore prayer.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Lol.

10/10 \' \'

Enhanced Excalibur does not restore prayer.

My mistake.

Owned_Nex.png

Lol.

10/10 \' \'

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go there for a 10min vid. Might do it this weekend, don't count on it though :-).

Too bad I'm 99 ranged already...

On the SGS issue, it could be a good idea, allthough it will only make a small difference, I think. (you will waste a bit of prayer too in the time you are switching to sgs, specing twice, and switching back to chins + unholy book).

EDIT: fixed a broken link and added an excel sheet with all my trips listed. (I totally remade it to make it more clear, so please enjoy, was a bit of work :-)). This guide is starting to look good, I daresay. Now an inventory picture, a video, and a comparison with armadyl and it's more or less complete :-).

Ffs.

I just made a video and guess what. First I have to hop 10 times, which makes my computer freeze because of the recording program. Then, when I stop recording the program crashes and the recordings are "damaged" and I can't play them.

So far the video making...

I did make 2 inventory pictures so that's something, I guess...

Ok so my first trip was AWESOME, THIS GUIDE IS GREAT!

I started with 1,565,000 xp in ranged, that is level 77.

I left with 1,815,623 xp in ranged, that is level 79 and 170,445 from 80!

2500 grey chins brought, 1644 used. estimated trip time: 90-110 minutes.

Prayer level: 70

Summoning level: 59

two terrorbird pouches used.

1 karamthulu overlord pouch used.

1 dose of summoning potion used.

23-26 prayer potions used

5 ranged potions used

1 house teleport used

setup: full void+fury+snakeboots+ROL+unholy book+grey chins.

~250,000 xp divided by 1644 chins used is ~152 xp per chin.

At times, I had up to 14-15 skeletons surrounding me. I didn't use the bone method, i just switched places and they automatically fell into a 3x3 square, many times they would be in a 2x3 rectangle but there would be around 9 skeletons in that 2x3 rectangle. I just bought 10k more chins, gonna use 'em tomorrow :twisted: .

Glad it worked out :-)

About the "bone method": I might indeed be wise to just move around more (and not just in the 3 locations I mentioned), and not drop bones at all. As long as you dont have too much bones piling on each other, you won't be short of monkies.

Also, I'd recommend bring a super restore in stead of a summoning potion. Restores your summoning AND prayer, so extends your trip a bit more.

The mummies guide was mine, and i'd like to add that this guide is pretty much exactly what I did when I chinned at ape atoll. I never realised muggi's was gone otherwise i'dve been tempted to write one (very similar to this)!

I'd always advise to chin here rather than mummies, the only reason I ever did was because of when they 'nerfed' ape atoll in 'that update'.

Well written, good guide, perfect for what people need!

JJ_G.gif

Lol.

10/10 \' \'

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go there for a 10min vid. Might do it this weekend, don't count on it though :-).

Too bad I'm 99 ranged already...

On the SGS issue, it could be a good idea, allthough it will only make a small difference, I think. (you will waste a bit of prayer too in the time you are switching to sgs, specing twice, and switching back to chins + unholy book).

EDIT: fixed a broken link and added an excel sheet with all my trips listed. (I totally remade it to make it more clear, so please enjoy, was a bit of work :-)). This guide is starting to look good, I daresay. Now an inventory picture, a video, and a comparison with armadyl and it's more or less complete :-).

Well, if you have high stats, then you will gain more prayer. I usually do that, and it works out well. If you are really daring, you can flick your prayer off if your HP is full once in a while. You'll only loose 10-40 HP.

Owned_Nex.png

this is a great guide :thumbsup: , im so using it when im finished getting 99 craft lol

Off, is the general direction I wish you would [bleep].

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p549/hihi244442/TLoUGIF.gif

[hide=My perception of the Admins in Assistclan:]

000fjq.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Slayer: Lots of Dragon Boots, 16 Whips, 24 Dark Bows, 7 Staves of Light, OVER 9000 Charms

GWD:

Bandos: Lost count

Zamorak: ^^^^^

Saradomin: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Armadyl: None[/hide]

Oh yeah, I had to mention my nechryael method for you to test

The way chins work is they use the defence of the thing you hit and apply it to everything else. So I loved nechryaels for a long time because if you hit the death spawn, you'll hit almost every time with a chin.

So, what I do is I go there in full void and chins, with broad bolts equipped and a crossbow in my invy. I'd also take monk robes for luring sometimes but it isn't really necessary. Anyways, I go into the northeast spot thats between a crate and the wall, and I'd let the nechs line up. I'd run out two spaces then run back in the spot until everything was on 1 spot. I would then pray eagle eye and chin the death spawns. Once there were only a few things left, I would pull out the crossbow and finish the last ones off.

It's slower experience, but you get charms+a little loot, and probably more exp per chin. Without a geyser titan at like 88 range, with snakeskin boots at that, I got like 240 exp per chin. Oh, and at the time I used whip to gather the nechs and kill the leftovers, so its gonna be like 270 or so per chin if you use crossbow + titan.

This is just so you know my method when you go to test it, its probably the best way to do nechs.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

The way chins work is they use the defence of the thing you hit and apply it to everything else. So I loved nechryaels for a long time because if you hit the death spawn, you'll hit almost every time with a chin.

So, what I do is I go there in full void and chins, with broad bolts equipped and a crossbow in my invy. I'd also take monk robes for luring sometimes but it isn't really necessary. Anyways, I go into the northeast spot thats between a crate and the wall, and I'd let the nechs line up. I'd run out two spaces then run back in the spot until everything was on 1 spot. I would then pray eagle eye and chin the death spawns. Once there were only a few things left, I would pull out the crossbow and finish the last ones off.

It's slower experience, but you get charms+a little loot, and probably more exp per chin. Without a geyser titan at like 88 range, with snakeskin boots at that, I got like 240 exp per chin. Oh, and at the time I used whip to gather the nechs and kill the leftovers, so its gonna be like 270 or so per chin if you use crossbow + titan.

This is just so you know my method when you go to test it, its probably the best way to do nechs.

I'd be glad to test it if I wasn't 99 ranged already. Now, I feel it as a bit of a waste TBH. I might test it some time, but don't count on it, I'm a bit lazy :D

I'd be glad to test it if I wasn't 99 ranged already. Now, I feel it as a bit of a waste TBH. I might test it some time, but don't count on it, I'm a bit lazy :D

I've heard of the Nech method too. It's great for crimson charms. But when my friend tried it, he only report about 160k xp.

i gained 309004 with 1807 grey. started with 83 ranged, ended up with 222.5k from 85. 171 xp per chin. 89 minute trip (208k xp in 1 hour)

So if you are 83 range, you should see those results with GREY chinchompas.

Thanks for the input. As soon as I get some more results I will make a "low level" rates section.

Hello. What I don't really understand is, how can you possibly do it. I started luring the monkeys at the spot you mentioned, but ended up in a failure, as the monkeys(3) stood still and retreated as I shot them, wich is what the monsters would normally do if being attacked outside their normal attack range. By far it was not possible but to have, let's say only 5 or 6 monkey guards attacking, and even more difficult to align them so that I could be attacking them all at the same time, it was more like 4-5, waste of money and time. Or will the bones come alive if I just stand there still long enough, or is it just that this guide only plain outdated(I heard of some nerf there, not sure what it is, started playing like 3 months ago again myself).

Hello. What I don't really understand is, how can you possibly do it. I started luring the monkeys at the spot you mentioned, but ended up in a failure, as the monkeys(3) stood still and retreated as I shot them, wich is what the monsters would normally do if being attacked outside their normal attack range. By far it was not possible but to have, let's say only 5 or 6 monkey guards attacking, and even more difficult to align them so that I could be attacking them all at the same time, it was more like 4-5, waste of money and time. Or will the bones come alive if I just stand there still long enough, or is it just that this guide only plain outdated(I heard of some nerf there, not sure what it is, started playing like 3 months ago again myself).

Are you even at zombie monkeys? You keep saying Monkey Guards. I think you are going too far back.

Owned_Nex.png

Are you even at zombie monkeys? You keep saying Monkey Guards. I think you are going too far back.

First of al, it is skeletal monkies, not zombie monkies :-)

Second of all, this is the first time I hear that problem. If you use my spot, and have the 5 monkies on you, they should all be able to reach you and shouldn't retreat. The only problem that could occur is that the monkies are losing their agressiveness. However, monkies spawnt from bones will always be agressive towards you (unless someone else walks past) so as long as you drop drop some bones every now and then, you should be fine.

Thank you for the guide! I just made a quick run with 1k grey chins, full void, no familiar, and I got 175k xp in about an hour, at lvl 84 range. You can use that if you want or need to. Thanks again. Also, grey chins are 415 med price now, you might want to update that in your guide

T_R_S_Blader.png

Dragon Drops:14

Barrows Drops:16

Quest Cape