A Guide to Chinning in Ape Atoll

bedman

P pots are back to 12k for 4 doses, but they will rise again soon enough

Red chins are 398 according to GE database today

I'm willing to bet this is Jagex's fault for adding those stupid statues and making them so easy to get. Those of us like me who don't farm for those stupid statues are essentially playing the game on a harder difficulty. Most GS, D claws, and chinchompas and prayer pots have risen massively since those statues were added.

oh well, I'll get range some other way, but 9m xp in 2 months is gonna be hard as hell to get :wall:

better get started lols

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going all the way.

hotstew2.png

I think the above signature tracker thing got pwned

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

bump.gif

Awesome guide

The prices now make me wish I'd trained herblore, farm and hunt :wall:

Good luck howbadisbad!

not that you'll need it :D

TY

99 range party scheduled for tomorrow :)

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

:D :D :D:D D: D:D :D

Congratulations on 99 range. :thumbsup:

If I bother getting 500k xp a day (~2-3 hours with red chins a day) I'll have it in about 19-20 days.

Since I am not chinning, I'll have it in about 1-1.5 months :lol:

can't wait for 99 range, but I hope it will allow me to make my money back. I guess I'll go own the Arma boss with it, although my horrid 71 mage will hold me back :P

but yeah, Congrats on 99 range

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

• 2 weeks later...

now i need 16mil for an armadyl pl8 so i can trio arma for weeks and get rich :)

arcane_stew.png

Hey, can someone tell me the formula for Void's accuracy and strength boost? Does it boost the stats foun on the armour bonus page? If so, it may be wise to use Armadyl, and even Dhide, instead of Void when using Grey chins, since they give onlt a +45 range boost (with void, ranger boots, acher's ring (i), fury and accumulator, a total of 75?), it would make it 82.5 accuracy bonus

Wouldn't BLK dhide surpass that easily? Sure, you lose a but of power, but if you hit more accurately, and thus waste less chins, it would make it better?

so yeah, if anyone can explain void's formula boost for me, it would be helpful

oh yeah, and even with the 15% boost form prayer, which boosts void's range strength even higher, it also boosts Blk dhide/Armadyl's accuracy even higher, which would add even more of a difference?

just a though that's been bugging me for a while. any help on the matter would be helpful

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, can someone tell me the formula for Void's accuracy and strength boost? Does it boost the stats foun on the armour bonus page? If so, it may be wise to use Armadyl, and even Dhide, instead of Void when using Grey chins, since they give onlt a +45 range boost (with void, ranger boots, acher's ring (i), fury and accumulator, a total of 75?), it would make it 82.5 accuracy bonus

Wouldn't BLK dhide surpass that easily? Sure, you lose a but of power, but if you hit more accurately, and thus waste less chins, it would make it better?

oh yeah, and even with the 15% boost form prayer, which boosts void's range strength even higher, it also boosts Blk dhide/Armadyl's accuracy even higher, which would add even more of a difference?

just a though that's been bugging me for a while. any help on the matter would be helpful

People say void is 10$ accuracy and 10% more damage, which isn't true, at least for me.

I'm hitting 29's with no void

Yet I'm hitting 35+ with void under the same conditions

and that is not 10% more damage

I think void acctually increases your range lvl by 10%

(dbolts without void hit 60, with void they hit 69)

numerous examples force me to conclude there is more than just 10% more damage

arcane_stew.png

People say void is 10$ accuracy and 10% more damage, which isn't true, at least for me.

Well, from your information, the increase would be about 20%

29/10%=2.9 (3 rounded up)

29+6(20% of 29)=35

Still, that's quite a bit more power.

I'll go with void for a while longer, but I'd sure love to know if void's accuracy boost equals Blk Dhide's accuracy, and if it doesn't, does the power behind void make it better than the accuracy of void?

looking at it this way, With higher accuracy, despite lower power, you would waste less chins (hitting all 0's) then you would with the other.

I was planning on chinning soon, but Prayer potions are being merched to 38K each :ohnoes: . to me, that's just a crime :shame: , and I hope to godJagex decides to intervene. I heard they did once with limpurts, and Ppots are far more useful

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

Well, from your information, the increase would be about 20%

29/10%=2.9 (3 rounded up)

29+6(20% of 29)=35

Still, that's quite a bit more power.

I'll go with void for a while longer, but I'd sure love to know if void's accuracy boost equals Blk Dhide's accuracy, and if it doesn't, does the power behind void make it better than the accuracy of void?

looking at it this way, With higher accuracy, despite lower power, you would waste less chins (hitting all 0's) then you would with the other.

I was planning on chinning soon, but Prayer potions are being merched to 38K each :ohnoes: . to me, that's just a crime :shame: , and I hope to godJagex decides to intervene. I heard they did once with limpurts, and Ppots are far more useful

The higher your range the better void gets

arcane_stew.png

• 2 weeks later...
hey can someone help me out, i heard chinning at apetoll doesn't work any more because of the graphics update

wtf?

Unless they changed how the monkeys spawn it should be fine.

arcane_stew.png

• 2 months later...

awesome guide without this i wouldnt have gotten from 79-95 range :D <3

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i'm about to use it

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

great guide tbh, I'm usuing your spot and the technique for re-positioning bones. My xp per chin (grey) is like 50 xp lower than yours, however I'm only lvl 84 so... But thanks for the guide!

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Dragun it should be about 200 xp per grey chin for you, so do the math yourself.

• 1 month later...

Dragun it should be about 200 xp per grey chin for you, so do the math yourself.

Bump on this ancient thread :P

arcane_stew.png

Anyone still using this?

I admit parts of the information are a bit outdated, but the basics are still the same.

im about to use it again. i quit like a month after this guide came out (i got 90 ranged with this from 77 ranged). Now i'm going to complete the journey to 99 with it. What changes would you make to this guide if you could? Idk the new items that have come out in a year lol.

Agent_G_F.png

Anyone still using this?

I admit parts of the information are a bit outdated, but the basics are still the same.

im about to use it again. i quit like a month after this guide came out (i got 90 ranged with this from 77 ranged). Now i'm going to complete the journey to 99 with it. What changes would you make to this guide if you could? Idk the new items that have come out in a year lol.

Like always, range doesn't really get good updates...

arcane_stew.png