The New PS3 and Xbox360, Next Gen For The Gaming Industry?

-Til_Galind-

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo revolution comes out? i thought that wasnt for awhile?

Or is it the gameboy micro? Or some game?

Oh, come on dude. Tokyo Game Show? Being held in Japan? Yeah? In four days. Nintendo's president Iwata will deliver a speech, unveiling new info on the Revolution. It's also something to look forward to by Playstation fanboys, since a trailer will be shown of Metal Gear Solid 4 running on actual PS3 hardware (no pre-rendered stuff, in other words) and will give some info on it.

Not to mention Microsoft's Robbie Bach will also deliver a keynote speech and have playable games at TGS so it's going to be an exciting week for console news.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. That's important because Xbox flopped majorly in Japan and Microsoft doesn't want that this time (I personally think it's going to flop).

Still, I except Sony to 0wn the show. They've been owning it since... forever, I think.

Actually, they ALWAYS do! Just ignore the Nintendo fanboys. They're just jealous because their next system is only as powerful as the GC.
I wasn't aware we had a Nintendo employee posting on the boards who happens to know the exactl specs for the Revlotion :roll:

ROFL he's making fun of the Revolution.....we all just know that the Revolution wil just end up bombing like the GC did...some games may be good but.....again Nintendo has always been known for their kid games.. their trying to attract younger audiences to play games.....so dont hurt your reputation even more by posting on this thread again... thank you

The GC didn't bomb, it outsold the Xbox. :roll:

are you stupid or just doing this on purpose...? that's why Nintendo was being horribly, brutally beatin in this last console war and Microsoft was the one that won? MAN!! even if the GC did outsale the XBOX..... it's all because people wanted a cheaper system... and it was the cheapest for a reason(because it sucked) but enough about that....people that bought a gamecube was either a Nintendo fanboy or not a true gamer... i have an Xbox and my brothers have the PS2 and a GC and I just have to bash them about that. I also have a Nintendo DS but it's all just for wireless play... DS is more interactive then the PSP and that's why the DS outsold the PSP...

Actually, they ALWAYS do! Just ignore the Nintendo fanboys. They're just jealous because their next system is only as powerful as the GC.
I wasn't aware we had a Nintendo employee posting on the boards who happens to know the exactl specs for the Revlotion :roll:

ROFL he's making fun of the Revolution.....we all just know that the Revolution wil just end up bombing like the GC did...some games may be good but.....again Nintendo has always been known for their kid games.. their trying to attract younger audiences to play games.....so dont hurt your reputation even more by posting on this thread again... thank you

The GC didn't bomb, it outsold the Xbox. :roll:

Yeah at one time...all the systems had their turn in the top sales spotlight, but a lot of the time it was between xbox and ps2, I think the ps2 is on top right now (I'm not bashing the GC). As for the games, I also think Nintendo is the king of party games, I still can't get over mario cart and the original super smash bros. I went xbox though, but 2 of my friends have a GC which I play often . One reason I haven't gotten GC yet is because the games don't have the same fun factor as the N64, maybe because they weren't trying for flashy graphics. Too bad they didn't make a zelda for GC that was like the ones on N64, it would have been awsome.

have you not been paying attention the past few months... a new Zelda game was announced at E3...it was sceduled to release in November... but it was delayed and pushed back to April of 06... that's going to be the game I'm getting to play on the GC and the only game I'll play for the GC.. but for now I'll stick with XBOX Live....look it up f you want to know more about it... Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess

Square-Enix!? :lol:

By the way you forgot to reply to my other post (unless you don't want to reply to it, naturally).

oh ya! Square-Enix so owns all! (Im not being sarcastic)

And to the other post, i dotn concern myself with stuff such as that tokyo show, or e3 and all that poop.

The only games i realy really care about are ffgames, and generaly most games made by square-enix.

Square Enix isn't even that good.. FF games are always the same just a new story with new characters but you never really see anything else new from them

Only 4 days to go!

for...?

Till all the Nintendo fanboys burst with joy.

4 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes and 20 seconds to be exact.

Nintendo revolution comes out? i thought that wasnt for awhile?

Or is it the gameboy micro? Or some game?

He's talking about TGS (Tokyo Game Show). TGS is like E3 in Japan, but isn't as well-known. Nintendo is going to release new information about the Revolution during it.

[Off Topic]NINJA GAIDEN: BLACK IS COMING OUT TOMMOROW!!![/Off Topic]

9fe567ac.jpg

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

Retired(Oh noes!)

NINTENDO REV!!!

I might get it because: SUPER SMASH BROS.!!!

ive only been playing the origional on the N64 for about 6 months now!!!

Love it, specially link, he owns at it!!!

commandment, stop trying to put down everything you dont like. Ever heard of something called a genre? squaresoft (enix) has some of the best storylines I have ever seen.(not to mention graphics) Have you ever played ff 10? it was released 2001. now compare the graphics and gameplay to some ea games from 2001. see the difference? sure d&d games are fun with their dungeons and creatures, but the storyline is usually lame and without emotion. This is where square-enix beats them. as for the three consoles, playstation is perfect for single player games,nintendo is great for a party (super smash bros, mario party, mario cart) and x-box the only thing that intrests me is online play, but i rather play on my computer instead of paying for xbox live

squaresoft (enix) has some of the best storylines I have ever seen.(not to mention graphics) Have you ever played ff 10? it was released 2001.

You're mistaken. Though Commandant needs to stop putting things down, FF10 is far from a good looking game. The enviroments are bland and lack detail and the characters don't look that great. The only good looking parts were the CG cutscenes.

9fe567ac.jpg

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

Retired(Oh noes!)

squaresoft (enix) has some of the best storylines I have ever seen.(not to mention graphics) Have you ever played ff 10? it was released 2001.

You're mistaken. Though Commandant needs to stop putting things down, FF10 is far from a good looking game. The enviroments are bland and lack detail and the characters don't look that great. The only good looking parts were the CG cutscenes.

Not to pick hairs here, but although I never played FF10, FF7 fits his description perfectly. Awesome story line and truly spectacular graphics. I mean look at the cut scenes in FF7, they still look awesome and that game is over 8 years old. Eight years old! Thats insane.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Not to pick hairs here, but although I never played FF10, FF7 fits his description perfectly. Awesome story line and truly spectacular graphics. I mean look at the cut scenes in FF7, they still look awesome and that game is over 8 years old. Eight years old! Thats insane.

:lol: :lol: :lol: omg, ive seen those, those arnt even near ff10.

Ff10 had such uber graphics, probably some of the best ive seen. And the environments were no where bland... and the charcters were preatty good for talking and t hat...

But if you want even better graphics, there is ff10-2, it had cg stuff right in the game, and the faces were so well done.

And if anyone has ever played xenosaga... omg i just played it today, hands down, the first sceane has the best graphics iver ever seen, even better then any ive seen for any new system, or any graphics in a movie. So realistic.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Ff10 had such uber graphics, probably some of the best ive seen. And the environments were no where bland... and the charcters were preatty good for talking and t hat...

But if you want even better graphics, there is ff10-2, it had cg stuff right in the game, and the faces were so well done.

And if anyone has ever played xenosaga... omg i just played it today, hands down, the first sceane has the best graphics iver ever seen, even better then any ive seen for any new system, or any graphics in a movie. So realistic.

Granted FF10 has great graphics, but I don't see whats so funny about FF7. FF10 came out a measly 3 years ago. FF7 was made over 8 years ago. Lets compare two popular games both released in 1997. Both games sold millions. One was made by Rare, one was made by Square.

FF7:

00007.jpg

Goldeneye:

goldeneye.jpg

The games were released around the same time. Now, whats to lauph at when it comes to FF7 graphics? Also you can see how Square is usually ahead of the competition.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

FF7:

00007.jpg

Goldeneye:

goldeneye.jpg

The games were released around the same time. Now, whats to lauph at when it comes to FF7 graphics? Also you can see how Square is usually ahead of the competition.

Uhhh dude... that's not an in-game shot of FF7. You can see in the url says "fmv shots".

finalf7_screen016.jpg

By the way, there are some parts in the game where pre-rendered backgrounds are in-game and stuff. Ocarina of Time used a similar thing.

FF7:

00007.jpg

Goldeneye:

goldeneye.jpg

toystory37pu.jpg

- Yeah this was in 1995 two years before square. FF7 is horrible compared to Toy Story.

ff7478nm.jpg

this is an actual ingame shot

You shouldn't compare screen shots from different genre's. Goldeneye is known to be just as bas as Quake1 in the visual department. Try something it's own size like Baldurs Gate 1.

bgscreens16large1wd.jpg

This looks just as good as FF7.

see the difference? sure d&d games are fun with their dungeons and creatures, but the storyline is usually lame and without emotion. This is where square-enix beats them.

I think Baldurs Gate, Ice Wind Dale and Planescape Torment would like to have a word to you, pretty amazing stories and artwork if you ask me (These are D&D style games).

Ive played+ do own baulders gate shadows of amen.

In no way is the story line as good as any final fantasy game. I only got to the first chapter, and the game is way to complex, and the story line has to many variables....

I like FF games cause they are more like books. Now do books usaly branch off into diffrent parts for awhile (Like i mean is there to ways to read through one part)? No not really, so that why i like the linear (sp?) story lines.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

commandment, stop trying to put down everything you dont like. Ever heard of something called a genre? squaresoft (enix) has some of the best storylines I have ever seen.(not to mention graphics) Have you ever played ff 10? it was released 2001. now compare the graphics and gameplay to some ea games from 2001. see the difference? sure d&d games are fun with their dungeons and creatures, but the storyline is usually lame and without emotion. This is where square-enix beats them. as for the three consoles, playstation is perfect for single player games,nintendo is great for a party (super smash bros, mario party, mario cart) and x-box the only thing that intrests me is online play, but i rather play on my computer instead of paying for xbox live

it's all become old and the graphics are predictable ps2.. is it just me or do a lot of PS2 games graphics look the same?

Granted FF10 has great graphics, but I don't see whats so funny about FF7. FF10 came out a measly 3 years ago. FF7 was made over 8 years ago. Lets compare two popular games both released in 1997. Both games sold millions. One was made by Rare, one was made by Square.

FF7:

00007.jpg

Goldeneye:

goldeneye.jpg

I don't have to stop putting things down because I am free to express my opinion just as freely as you are... so no I won't stop putting things dfown because boy do I enjoy smacking you people around

FF7:

00007.jpg

Goldeneye:

goldeneye.jpg

Of course one is also an ingame screenshot badly compressed into a jpg and the other is a pre rendered image from an fmv sequence.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You know, Commandant, usually when you want to put something down you need some kind of justification.

And your opinion doesn't count as 'proof' since that's what you're trying to back up.

So far all you have done is post smack and tried to back it up with more of it.

If you eventually start making posts with credible sources behind your conclusions, good for you.

You'll have achieved something that everyone so far has been able to do without a problem.

Untill then, you'll just be another pathetic kid who thinks he knows what he's doing.

Pity everyone else knows that you're just posting FUD.

Cliffs: Backup your [cabbage] or stfu.

Ah yeah, you never did get back on how continuing to post in this topic would ruin my reputation. Maybe one day you'll actually be able to reply to it once you can achieve the first part of this post.

Square Enix isn't even that good.. FF games are always the same just a new story with new characters

Did anyone else see the irony in that? :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12