Player Owned House Simulator

je_sui

MOVE THIS IF IT ISN'T IN THE GOOD SECTION.

Hello All,

I am 55 construction and I recently destroyed my house ( removed every room ) .

and i've been searching during more than 1 hour of a good house to build.

the main problem : the DOORS !

i've been using Windows "paint" to draw a new house ( this Img is just a little test )

pohtest2-1.jpg

after i made this i said to myself "wow, it took a long time to draw this nooby house..."

so since I love programming Javascript, i decided to make a dynamic simulator with javascript.

here are some Screenshot of my current POH simulator:

[hide=screenshot 1]POHS1.png[/hide]

[hide=screenshot 2]POHS2.png[/hide]

[hide=screenshot 3]POHS3.png[/hide]

I am working on making more rooms at the moment.

I will use runescape item to symbolise Rooms

( Mime top for costume room, glory for quest hall, ... )

Do you think that if my simulator become good, it can be on Tip.it ?

like in the "special calc" ( i know it's not a calc... )

Thanks,

Hope people will enjoy it.

MOVE THIS IF IT ISN'T IN THE GOOD SECTION.

Je_Sui.png

88.5M.png - saving for further merchanting.

Home World: w8

~~~ my POH simulator ~~~

moving to website discussion because it's new.

Please contact Errdoth via PM about your javascript work, that would probably be best.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I probably phrased that a bit lukewarmly, I've wanted something like this on Tip.it for a long time.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I've nearly done it, i just need to change the images' size ( i'll make them 50x50 ) so you don't have to scroll the page. for those who want to make BIIIG house =P

I'll also try to do upstairs and downstairs.

Je_Sui.png

88.5M.png - saving for further merchanting.

Home World: w8

~~~ my POH simulator ~~~

• 2 weeks later...

There's one on runeHQ already however its a bit annoying to use. If tipit could make a very user friendly, good to look at house planner, it would eat all the other house planners out there. ;) There are about 4 other house planner programs out there besides runeHQ's... but they aren't as good as well.

I would suggest you look at runeHQ's and try using it. Make everything like theirs but with these improvements:

• [*:l2d8d1dl]No scroll down menus. Have the choices of rooms on the side somewhere.

[*:l2d8d1dl]Use keyboard shortcuts. They save a lot of time (example, the arrow keys could be used to rotate a currently selected room).

[*:l2d8d1dl]Use prettier less messy pictures.

[*:l2d8d1dl]BE SURE THE DOORS ARE CLEARLY VISIBLE.

[*:l2d8d1dl]Install a quick way to delete rooms.

[*:l2d8d1dl]When a room is placed, make it rotate so that its doors connect to any adjacent doors on other rooms. It's annoying rotating room after room in that runeHQ one.

[*:l2d8d1dl]When two rooms are connected via stairs in different levels, make an indicator on both rooms that somehow tells the user that they are connected.

[*:l2d8d1dl]Oh and here's a big thing: Have a function where you can move all the rooms at once in a certain direction.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

LOL, I can completely understand why you've demolished your entire house, mine looks very very randomly arranged. :oops:

I think such a helper would be very useful!! :D

However I don't think I'd be as extreme as to demolish my entire house..... :o

Proud owner of Questcape since 4th July 2009!! :D :D

sphinxor_86.png

• 2 weeks later...

oh this looks very, very nice. I feel unclean having runehq open in another tab, it would be absolutely great I could use tip it instead.

definitely support!

Here we are, born to be kings

We're the princes of the universe

Here we belong, fighting to survive

In a world with the darkest powers

I like the entire idea so far.

I'd just like to add a few things...

Use the furniture item pictures from the KB, link them up with materials and material prices, so that you can truly figure out how much your house is going to cost, and exactly what supplies you'll need. Obviously special items (anything non-trade-able) would still be listed but wouldn't have a real value.

2dgucz6.png