Mainstream

RayOxide

My main problem with Kings of Leon is that horrible singer since most of the time he sounds like a dying camel. Apart from that, they're decent.

That kind of singing is what keeps me away from some alternative/Indie music.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only radio station I listen to is Triple J and it usually plays indie rock and some local hip hop. Unfortunately Triple J finds and plays new music first and then the other radio stations find out about them like 2 months later making them mainstream :cry:

I don't really watch TV anymore if there's something I want to watch I find other ways of obtaining it :-w

Also to the Kings of Leon discussion their new stuff is pretty bad I mean the only 2 songs I like from them are Fans and The Bucket

The only radio station I listen to is Triple J and it usually plays indie rock and some local hip hop. Unfortunately Triple J finds and plays new music first and then the other radio stations find out about them like 2 months later making them mainstream :cry:

I don't really watch TV anymore if there's something I want to watch I find other ways of obtaining it :-w

Also to the Kings of Leon discussion their new stuff is pretty bad I mean the only 2 songs I like from them are Fans and The Bucket

If you like a band when they're being played on triple j, why do you care if they go mainstream? I hope you're not one of these people who has an irrational fear of anything popular.

If you like a band when they're being played on triple j, why do you care if they go mainstream? I hope you're not one of these people who has an irrational fear of anything popular.

I can understand what he means. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I don't like it when songs I listen to suddenly go mainstream. I listen to a fair amount of mainstream music myself. Perhaps it's just the packs of girls walking around singing the lyrics off-key.